AIowa is the second state to see the Bally Bet app and website go live. Bally’s Interactive confirmed its beta launch in the Hawkeye State on Tuesday.
Adi Dhandhania, Bally’s Corporation’s senior vice president of strategy and interactive, said in the press release:
“As a state that has embraced legalized sports betting since 2019, Iowa was an attractive market for Bally Bet. We look forward to integrating Bally’s into Sinclair’s broadcast and digital programming in Iowa.”
Dhandhania thinks Bally Bet will give Iowa sports betting fans an engaging and creative sports betting experience. Bally’s wants to work toward solidifying a role as “a leading retail sportsbook brand with the third greatest reach in terms of US legalized market access.”
Elite owns three Iowa casinos:
- Grand Falls Casino near Sioux Falls
- Rhythm City Casino Resort in Davenport
- Riverside Casino and Golf Resort near Iowa City
Sports bettors already know Bally Bet
Iowa sports fans are likely already familiar with Bally Bet thanks to the Sinclair broadcast deal.
As of March 31, 19 Fox Sports regional networks became Bally Sports networks. (“Fox Sports North” became “Bally Sports North,” as one example.)
Here’s a rundown of the regional rebranding:
- Bally Sports Kansas City — has rights to Kansas City Royals (MLB) and Kansas City Sporting KC (MLS)
- Bally Sports Midwest — has rights to St. Louis Cardinals (MLB) and St. Louis Blues (NHL)
- Bally Sports North — has rights to Minnesota Twins (MLB), Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA), Minnesota Wild (NHL), Minnesota Lynx (WNBA) and Minnesota United FC (MLS)
- Bally Sports Wisconsin — has rights to Milwaukee Brewers (MLB) and Milwaukee Bucks (NBA)
The Marquee Sports Network is the regional sports network (RSN) for MLB’s Chicago Cubs. NBC Sports Chicago is the RSN for the Chicago White Sox (MLB), Bulls (NBA) and Blackhawks (NHL).
At the time, Bally’s Cooperation president and CEO George Papanier said:
“Rolling out Bally’s iconic logo across Sinclair’s regional sports networks is a rewarding first step in a transformational partnership. That is going to revolutionize the US sports betting, gaming and media industries.”
The marketing plan in Iowa
The release states that Bally’s will bring innovative betting options and in-app parlays for all major sports:
“In addition, Bally Bet users are able to earn points betting on sports that they can redeem for gaming, dining, retail and other amenities.”
The benefits would be available at all of Bally’s casinos nationwide through the company’s Bally Rewards loyalty program. The Iowa expansion gives Bally’s additional exposure on Sinclair’s local CBS and Fox television affiliates as well.
According to the release, Bally’s plans to launch in two additional states this year.