DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa Review & Promo for $2,050
When you sign up with DraftKings Sporsbook in Iowa you’ll qualify for $2,050 in welcome bonuses. You do not need a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to claim this sign-up offer.
For a company that began operations in 2012, DraftKings has been on a meteoric rise, with Iowa being one of several states to welcome it. In this DraftKings Iowa sportsbook review, we share the information you need to start with the sportsbook, and hopefully grow your bankroll right from the get-go. There’s also information about how to get signed up, what types of bets you can make, and the best and worst things about the DraftKings app, which is available for Android and Apple.
So, whether you’re new to sports betting or are new to DraftKings, we’ve got you covered.
DraftKings bonus: Up to a $2,050 value
As a leading sports betting site in Iowa, DraftKings offers one of the most generous welcome bonuses for new players. Sign up with DraftKings in February and your welcome bonus is worth $2,050. You do not need to use a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to claim this offer.
DraftKings Iowa promo code 2024
|DraftKings Promo Code Iowa
|Click to claim $2,050 promo
|Total Welcome Bonus
|Up to $2,050 in bonuses
|February 29, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see DraftKings Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
DraftKings Welcome Bonus — Different Types
DraftKings is known for offering multiple different sign-up offers at the same time. That said, it also likes to swap its promotions for new ones. These updates allow the operator to launch exclusive promotions in the wake of notable sporting events or put out more generous bonuses to stay competitive.
Here are some of the most common bonus types you can see on the site:
- First-bet refunds — To claim this bonus, you have to make a qualifying bet. If you lose, DraftKings will give you the wager back, so you’re essentially not risking any of your own money.
- Bet & Get bonuses — These promotions involve placing a wager following the minimum bet requirements to get a fixed amount in bonus bets. For instance, you may need to bet $10 or more to claim $250 worth of bonus bets.
- Match deposit bonuses — As their name implies, these incentives match your deposit with a certain amount of bonus money. You can usually get these offers only on your first deposit. For example, the site may offer a 20% first deposit match up to $1,000.
- Deposit & Get bonuses — This straightforward deal grants you a predetermined bonus amount under the condition that you make a deposit. The promotion may be something along the lines of “Deposit $5, Get $25.”
How do DraftKings Welcome Bonuses Work?
In order to get the most out of DraftKings welcome bonuses, you want to be well-versed in the terms and conditions associated with them. Let’s take a look at some key rules you should pay attention to before claiming or using a bonus:
- Eligibility — DraftKings welcome bonuses only target new players. If you’ve had a DraftKings account for some time or you’ve taken advantage of the operator’s other offers, you won’t be eligible.
- Wagering requirements — This rule determines how many times you should roll over your bonus funds to make your winnings withdrawable. Some bonuses may require that you wager them only once, whereas others may have a bigger wagering requirement.
- Minimum deposit — Regardless of the type of bonus, you’ll probably have to make a deposit first. There can be a minimum deposit requirement to claim the offer or a minimum deposit you’ll have to make to place a bet to unlock the bonus.
- Bonus validity — The operator usually limits the time you are allowed to use the bonus. This can be 24 hours, several days, or even a month after the bonus is claimed.
- Accepted bet types — Welcome bonuses typically come with restrictions on the type of bet you can make to claim it or the kind of bet you’re allowed to make with the bonus funds.
Regular DraftKings Sportsbook promotions
We already talked about DraftKings’ welcome bonuses for new customers, but the promotions do not stop there. DraftKings has promos all the time, including daily odds boosts that will increase your profits when you win and, at times, give you a refund when you lose. Here’s a look at the types of DraftKings promos at the Iowa sportsbook.
DraftKings has both odds boosts and profit boosts. These may sound the same, but they’re slightly different. Odds boosts increase the odds for specific bets, which is great if you like the bet that is boosted. Profit boosts on the other hand increase your winnings, while still allowing you to decide exactly what you want to wager on. We tend to prefer profit boosts because they give you more control over what you are betting on.
DraftKings also has money-back promos with regularity, but most of the time you still need to have something happen in order to get your bet refunded. Also, be on the lookout for some of the special promotions that the DraftKings online sportsbook offers from time to time.
And lastly, DraftKings also has free-to-enter contests on the DraftKings Sportsbook app and the DraftKings DFS app. These contests award real money to the winners, but because they are free to enter they usually have over a hundred thousand entries. So while they’re challenging to win, they definitely are worth taking a chance on.
With new promotions coming out all the time, be sure to always check the sportsbook’s promotions page daily for what’s new. And also be sure to skim the terms to make sure you know exactly how each offer works.
How to create a DraftKings account in Iowa
To create an account with DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa, you will either need to download the DraftKings app, which is available for iOS and Android devices, or go to the DraftKings website. If you need helping getting the app, read the section below.
When the app has been installed on either your phone or tablet, you’ll open it and click on “Sign Up” from the app’s homepage. At this time you will need to create both a username and password.
You also will need to supply DraftKings with some of your personal information, including your name, email and home addresses, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
DraftKings is secure, so you need not worry about any of this information being stolen. At this point, most of you will be all done creating your DraftKings account. On the off chance that the site is unable to verify your identity, you likely will need to upload a photo of either your driver’s license or passport.
DraftKings Sportsbook IA app
While the DraftKings online sportsbook has both a website and an app. They function in similar ways, with the main benefit to the app being that you can take it with you and use it anywhere in Iowa that you have an internet connection.
For this section, be aware that while we are specifically discussing the app, you can do all the same things on the website, although a few of the tabs might be located in slightly different places.
How to download the DraftKings Iowa app
To use the app, you obviously must get it on your mobile devices. To do that, use our link to navigate to the DraftKings site and then follow the prompts and instructions to download for Apple or Android from there. We have used both and don’t notice any difference whether you are using an iPad/iPhone or an Android phone or tablet.
When you click our DraftKings links, you will be asked whether you trust downloading the selected file. Answer yes. Then, once it has finished downloading, you’ll select it and then click on install. And that’s all it takes to get the DraftKings app on your mobile device. Now let’s get down to using it.
Navigating the DraftKings app
Once you open the app, you will either log in or register by clicking the appropriate button in the upper right corner. If you need help getting registered, we covered how to do so in the previous section.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll see how much money is in your account in the upper right corner, and you can access your DraftKings account by clicking the logo in the upper left corner.
Below that, you’ll see links to the DraftKings Stats Hub, pools to enter, and another link to the DraftKings DFS site. Then there is a marquee that lists current promotions.
In the quick links sections, you’ll find links to the most popular leagues and events going on at the time. And below that are odds for various games that are coming up. At the very bottom of the screen are tabs to return to the homepage, to go to live games that you can bet on, to your bet slip, to a full list of the sports offered at DraftKings, and to the promos page.
Top DraftKings app pages
A few of the pages you should be most familiar with on the app are the promos page, your bet slip, and your account.
The promotions page is where you are able to not only see all the current specials at DraftKings but also where you can see which ones are active for you, what rewards you have waiting to be redeemed, and whether you have any missions to complete to earn bonus bets.
Your bet slip is obviously where you will find all your open and settled bets, along with bets you are getting ready to place. DraftKings’ bet slip is easy to get the hang of and makes placing either parlays or round robins a breeze.
Lastly, when you tap on your account, you’ll be able to make a deposit or withdrawal or change any of your DraftKings settings. You can upload any documents or contact the DraftKings help desk.
All in all, the DraftKings Sportsbook app is one of the best in Iowa, and we have little doubt you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.
Best features of the DraftKings Sportsbook app
A lot of what DraftKings does well is similar to what you’ll find at other sportsbooks. For this section, we wanted to present three of the distinctive features that help set DraftKings apart.
- Stats Hub: What can we say, we love stats, and when it comes to sports we’re not sure it’s possible to get enough of them. That’s where DraftKings’ Stats Hub comes in. You’ll find everything from how lines are changing to prebuilt parlays with notes about the games. While there are tons of places online where you can do your research, it’s nice to sometimes be able to do everything in one place, which is exactly what the Stats Hub at DraftKings allows you to do.
- Combo sportsbook and daily fantasy sports: If you’re not into playing DFS, then this feature doesn’t help you much. But if you’re like us and enjoy betting on sports and playing DFS, then it’s great to have a site like DraftKings that allows you to do both under one account. It’s awesome that if you win money on either site, you’re able to use your winnings on the other.
- Promos: DraftKings offers myriad promotions throughout the year that benefit both small- and big-time bettors. Some of its offers are only good for $10 to $25, while others offer percentage profit boosts. So whether you bet $1 at a time or $100, chances are there’s a promotion that’s just right for you.
How could DraftKings Sportsbook improve?
Just because DraftKings is one of the better sportsbooks in Iowa doesn’t mean everything it touches turns to gold. Here we have a few suggestions on what DraftKings could do a little better.
- Add a rewards program: DraftKings’ DFS product has a great rewards program. Players are rewarded based on how much and how often they play in DFS contests and even for how well they do. Why DraftKings does not have a similar system in place for its sportsbook is baffling to us. And something we desperately hope changes in the future.
- Make the app rotatable: We’ve grown accustomed to being able to turn our phone or tablet and having the screen rotate with it. Unfortunately, the DraftKings Sportsbook app just remains in the upright position at all times, whether you have an Apple or Android gadget. We admit this is far from a deal-breaker, but it would be a very welcome change.
- Better SGP Odds: Overall the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook are solid. However, the same-game parlay odds leave something to be desired. Compared against the odds at FanDuel and Bet365 we consistently find those offered at DraftKings are significantly less.
Types of bets available on the DraftKings Sportsbook app
If you’re new to sports betting or just need a little refresher course on what different types of bets are called and how they work, this section is for you. We’ll get started with the simplest sports bets and get a little more complex as we work our way down.
- Moneyline: Think of moneyline bets as picking who will win, nothing more. The numbers might look confusing, but they’re easy to understand as well. For example, we’ll pretend the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears are facing off, with the moneyline listed as Vikings -235, Bears +200. This means that the Vikings are the favored team and it would require a bet of $235 in order to win a profit of $100. The Bears are the underdog, and a $100 bet would put you in line to win $200 if Chicago were to win.
- Point spread: Spreads are bets that use a handicap. Basically, if you bet on the favored team, it has points removed from its final score, while if you bet on the underdog it has points added to its score. Sticking with our teams from above, say the point spread is Vikings -5.5, Bears +5.5. So let’s say you bet on the Vikings; they would need to win by six points or more to cover the spread. Whereas if you bet on the Bears, all they would need to do is lose by no more than five points — or win outright — and you would win.
- Totals: Also known as over/under bets, these are wagers where you are betting whether a total stat or figure — such as total points in a game — will end up above or below the line set by the sportsbook. If the Minnesota Wild were playing the Chicago Blackhawks, the total for goals in the game might be set at 6.5. That means if the final score was Wild 4, Blackhawks 3, then wagers on the over would be victorious.
- Props: Props are bets that have to do with different events happening during contests, but not the actual outcome of a game. In football a prop might be for a player to score a touchdown; a common baseball prop bet is for a player to homer in a game; in hockey, you can bet whether an individual will score a goal; and in the NBA there are props for how many points, assists or rebounds someone will finish with.
- Parlays: Parlays are wagers where you are betting on multiple outcomes to happen. During the baseball season, you could wager on the Kansas City Royals, Louis Cardinals, Minnesota Twins, and Chicago Cubs to all win one day. If all those teams come out on top, so do you, but if any one of them loses, so does your parlay.
- Teasers: Thinks of teasers as modified parlays that only involve the spread. Maybe you’re making a football teaser where you bet on the Vikings, Bears, and Green Bay Packers all to cover the spread. We’ll say all three teams are favored by two and a half points, so -2.5. In a teaser you can move the spread in your favor, usually by six points for football, so now all three teams would be listed as three-and-a-half-point underdogs, or +3.5. The bet is now easier to win, but the odds also will decrease, lowering your potential winnings.
- Round robins: Round robins are another bet that is akin to making a parlay. In a three-team parlay, you need all three teams to win. In a round-robin with three teams, you actually have three separate bets. Instead of needing the Vikings, Bears, and Packers to prevail, you now have one bet on the Vikings and Bears to win, one with the Vikings and Packers, and one with the Bears and Packers. So if you only miss one pick, you’ll still win something, and if you are right on all three, all of your bets will pay out.
- Futures: While the majority of bets are for single games that are either that day or the next, futures are for more extended periods of time. Futures markets are common when it comes to selecting the next Super Bowl or Stanley Cup There also are futures bets for players, often for who will win the regular season or postseason MVP award.
- Live betting: Live betting is not a type of bet, as much as it’s a completely different way to bet. While once you could only place wagers before games started, now you can bet throughout games. Just understand that lines and odds can shift dramatically during live betting, so if you see a line you like, jump on it quickly before it changes.
Sports you can bet on at DraftKings in Iowa
At DraftKings online sportsbook in Iowa, you can bet on all the major sports in the US and abroad, as well as other sports that you might not even know existed.
Football is the top sport to bet on, and DraftKings has both the NFL and college football. In basketball, you can wager on the NBA, college basketball, and the WNBA. Of course, Major League Baseball is an option, as is the NHL.
If you are hoping to bet on soccer, you can choose from MLS, the English Premier League, Germany’s Bundesliga, the UEFA Champions League, and a whole lot more. For golf, you can wager on PGA events, while there’s both the WTA and ATP in tennis and of course, UFC action to bet on, as well.
There are other sports you can bet on at DraftKings, but they’re more fringe sports, although table tennis has proven to be remarkably popular.
Iowa Sports Team Betting Guide
While Iowans do not have any teams to call their own in the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLS, or MLB, that’s not going to stop them from rooting for some of the teams in the surrounding area.
In baseball, there are plenty of teams nearby that we can adopt as our own. You’ve got the Milwaukee Brewers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals and Minnesota Twins. The best news is that with so many teams to pick from, chances are at least one of them will be contending each season.
In the NFL there are not as many choices, but the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, and Minnesota Vikings are all close enough to get our attention. And with quarterbacks like Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers in Kansas and Green Bay respectively, we’ve got two Super Bowl contenders at the moment, which is nice.
As for the NHL, there are three teams to pick from: the St. Louis Blues, Minnesota Wild, and Chicago Blackhawks. All three teams play in the Central Division of the NHL’s Western Conference, so whomever you choose to root for, you’ll be seeing plenty of the other two throughout the season.
And then in the NBA, we have three more teams in the surrounding states: the Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Milwaukee Bucks.
The state has more to offer at the college level, and you could see college football and basketball wagers available on Northern Iowa, Drake, Iowa State or Iowa.
DraftKings Iowa futures market
In the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, DraftKings has futures markets for picking which team will win the championship at the season’s end, as do pretty much all the Iowa sportsbooks. Usually, odds will be posted shortly after one champion is crowned, and they will continue to fluctuate throughout the offseason, regular season, and postseason.
DraftKings also has odds on which teams will win either division or conference titles for the four top sports. In the NFL, you bet on which teams will make the playoffs, and as long as there is an unbeaten and winless team, DraftKings maintains odds on whether a team will go 16-0 or 0-16.
DraftKings also has futures markets for which NFL players will be named the MVP and for who will win the Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year Awards. You can even wager on the players who will lead the league in passing, rushing, and receiving yards.
In other sports, the player futures markets tend to be more sparse, usually with just odds on who will win the regular or postseason MVP award.
As for college sports, you can wager on which schools you think will win the national championship in men’s college basketball and in college football. You also can bet on which teams will win their conferences in football and which teams will reach the College Football Playoff. In men’s basketball you also have the option to bet on the team or teams you believe will reach the Final Four during March Madness.
Is DraftKings legal in Iowa?
Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook is legal in Iowa, as is DraftKings’ daily fantasy sports app. When SF 617 was passed it opened the door for legalized sports betting throughout the Hawkeye State. The first sportsbooks opened in Iowa in August 2019.
How to deposit and cash out on the DraftKings app
You have plenty of options when it comes to funding your DraftKings Sportsbook account or cashing out. If you prefer doing things in person, you can head to Wild Rose Casino locations in Clinton, Emmetsburg, or Jefferson to deposit or cash out.
If you find it easier to do things via the app or website, here are your options: When it comes to depositing money into your DraftKings account, you can do so using an e-check, PayPal, a debit card, an online bank transfer, a DraftKings gift card, or a DraftKings Play+ prepaid card.
As for cashing out at your DraftKings account in Iowa, you have the option of requesting your winnings be sent to your PayPal account or mailed to you as a check. If you choose PayPal, you can expect your money in three to five days, while if you choose check it likely will take seven to 14 days, and a minimum withdrawal of $15 is required. If you use PayPal, a minimum $1 withdrawal is required.
How to contact DraftKings customer support
If you ever run into a hiccup using DraftKings Sportsbook, the customer support staff will be available.
The best way to contact the help desk is by logging in to the app and clicking on your account. Then scroll down to the help center. Once there you can check out the FAQs and see if your issue has been addressed. If not, you have other options.
Back out of the help desk and select the “Contact“ tab. From here, you will type your issue in the form and someone from DraftKings will reach out to assist you as soon as possible.
But you still have two other options to try. Go to the DraftKings website, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click “Contact Us.” There’s a section that allows you to enter your info and DraftKings will call you back.
Also, you can email [email protected].
Responsible gambling at DraftKings
DraftKings provides links and information to help you if you have a gambling problem or to help figure out if you have a gambling problem.
DraftKings is proactive in its approach by educating its employees so they can spot potential problems early on. DraftKings Sportsbook also gives users the ability to set limits on how much they wager and how much time they spend on the app.
Where is the DraftKings retail sportsbook?
DraftKings Sportsbook has three retail casino locations to choose from in Iowa: Wild Rose Jefferson, Wild Rose Clinton, and Wild Rose Emmetsburg.
The Jefferson location also is home to Coaches, a full-service bar and restaurant. The sportsbook has almost 6,000 square feet of space, 28 TVs, and a 200-inch HD projection screen.
In Clinton, you’ll find 21 TVs, including two video walls, and a full-service bar and restaurant.
Wild Rose Clinton
- Address: 777 Wild Rose Drive, Clinton, IA 52732
- Phone: 563-243-9000
- Website: www.wildroseresorts.com/clinton/gaming/sportsbook
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursdays; 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays; 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Sundays, closed Mondays-Wednesdays
Wild Rose Jefferson
- Address: 777 Wild Rose Drive, Jefferson, IA 50129
- Phone: 515-386-7777
- Website: www.wildroseresorts.com/jefferson/gaming/sportsbook
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursdays-Sundays, closed Wednesday
Wild Rose Emmetsburg
- Address: 777 Main Street, Emmetsburg, IA 50536
- Phone: 712-852-3400
- Website: www.wildroseresorts.com/emmetsburg/gaming/sportsbook
- Hours: 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursdays-Mondays, closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Iowa?
While it’s difficult to call DraftKings the best sportsbook in Iowa, we do think it is easily one of the best.
The reasons we consider DraftKings such a great sportsbook are simple. It offers new customers great bonuses (worth up to $2,050), it offers existing customers great promotions to help win more money, and the DraftKings Sportsbook app is fast and easy to use.
The odds offered at DraftKings are on par with or better than most other sportsbooks, and both depositing and cashing out at DraftKings are easily done. Really what more could you ask for from an Iowa sportsbook?
DraftKings Iowa Sportsbook FAQ
Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa today and claim a $2,050 welcome bonus.
Check out the DraftKings Sportsbook Iowa welcome bonus table above for full details. You do not need to use a special DraftKings Iowa promo code to unlock the $2,050 bonus.
Yes, for select games early cash out is available at DK Sportsbook for pregame, live, future and parlay bets. Once you add a wager to your betslip you will be able to see if it is available for early cash out.
Yes, you can bet on college sports at DraftKings, including on the Iowa Hawkeyes, the Iowa State Cyclones, and other Iowa-based college teams. Unlike in some states, Iowa allows betting on local colleges and universities. However, you are not allowed to place prop bets on any college athletes.
You need to be 21 or older to legally wager on sports in Iowa. It also is required that you be in the state when placing bets, so you must have geolocation software activated on your computer or mobile device when you want to make your bets.
Yes, DraftKings is one of the top names in mobile sports betting and received its license in the state from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC). If you have any concerns about any sportsbooks in the state, including DraftKings, you can contact the IRGC by phone (515-281-7352) or email ([email protected]) to have them address the problem.
No, you can do all your sports betting using the DraftKings website, which is very similar to the iOS and Android app. The DraftKings sports betting app is free and allows you to bet using your phone or tablet from anywhere in the state though, we see zero reason not to get it.
DraftKings and FanDuel are arguably the top two sportsbook apps in the state. Both offer tons of great promos and the apps themselves function extremely well. You can’t go wrong with choosing either one, and it might make sense to just get both.