FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa Promo Code And Review
FanDuel became a household name with the rise of daily fantasy sports in the early and mid-2010s. Since then, FanDuel has become one of the top sportsbook operators in the US, with Iowa becoming one of the latest states with a FanDuel Sportsbook.
The online sportsbook gives users a great product with a variety of rewards and bonuses.
In this FanDuel Iowa review, we go over everything you need to know about the sportsbook. From creating your account and depositing money to FanDuel’s $1,000 new customer offer, as well as the different types of sports and wagers you can place at the sportsbook.
FanDuel welcome bonus: Up to $1,000 value
Most sportsbooks offer welcome packages to new customers, and FanDuel is no different. At FanDuel, you don’t need a promo code or bonus code, simply follow the links on this page to take advantage.
When you join FanDuel Sportsbook, you are eligible for a no sweat first bet, up to $1,000. Here’s how the offer works.
First, you have to be a new user of the Iowa sportsbook. Then, once you have created your account and made your first deposit, your first settled bet with FanDuel will be of the “No Sweat” variety. If your initial bet loses, the sportsbook will refund your loss, up to $1,000, in the form of a no sweat bet.
Again, be aware that you do not receive cash back if you lose; you receive a no sweat bet in that amount. And it also is your first settled bet, not simply the first bet you make at FanDuel.
Despite those qualifications, it still is a great offer for new customers because it gives you the chance to lose your first bet but still have a second shot at making money.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code Iowa 2022
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa|
|FanDuel Iowa Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Sign Up Bonus Offer||No sweat first bet, up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Regular promotions on the FanDuel sports betting app
While FanDuel Sportsbook is relatively new in Iowa, we can tell you about regular promotions based on what FanDuel offers in other markets:
- Parlay Insurance: FanDuel offers money back on parlays of five legs or more in which you miss only one pick. The offer is good for up to $25 back, but you are limited to four such redemptions per day.
- No Sweat Bets: A popular promo is the no sweat same-game parlay With these, you can get up to $10 back on specified same-game parlay across a lot of the major sports.
- UFC Promotions: FanDuel’s UFC Decision Defense promo allows you to get up to $1,000 back if your pre-fight moneyline wager on a UFC Fight Night fighter loses by a split or majority decision. You will receive a refund in site credits.
- Spread the Love: FanDuel bumps the line for a specific game, depending on the number of people who wager on it. Previously, the line was over 100 for an NBA game, basically making it a guaranteed win. You could wager a max of $50, but that still won you around $45.
- Free Contests: During the NFL season, FanDuel has a free pick’em contests every week of the season. You pick the winners of that week’s NFL games, and the winner(s) take or split the $5,000 grand prize. FanDuel’s DFS site also offers free contests each week.
Be sure to check the FanDuel promotions page and check your email for offers throughout the year. You are likely to see new promos around the start of league seasons, come playoff time and around the biggest golf and tennis tournaments.
Also, most promotions at FanDuel require you to opt-in, which you can do from the promos page by clicking the opt-in button.
Is FanDuel legal in Iowa?
Yes, FanDuel Sportsbook is legal throughout Iowa. Sports betting became legal in the Hawkeye State in May 2019 thanks to Senate File 617. Retail and online sportsbooks are legal in the state.
While betting on college sports is allowed, Iowa prohibits prop bets on collegiate athletes.
FanDuel Sportsbook Screenshots
How to create a FanDuel account in Iowa
To create a FanDuel Sportsbook account in Iowa, start by downloading and installing the FanDuel app on your phone or tablet. See the next section for help with this. Once you have the app installed, open it and click “Join Now” in the upper-right corner.
From there, you need to supply your email address and create a username and password. Then, you’ll need to provide your address, phone number and the final four digits of your Social Security number.
FanDuel uses the info to confirm your identity, after which you are ready to start betting. Sometimes, though, you will need to supply more information. If that’s the case, you must upload some form of identification, usually your driver’s license.
FanDuel Iowa app
FanDuel is available for iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets.
Follow our links to get the FanDuel app for your Android or Apple device. To download the app, you will be asked if you trust the source of the file and if you want to download it. Select “yes.”
After the file has been downloaded, you will start the installation process. Simply click on the file and select “Install.” You likely will be asked if you want to install the app. Select “yes” again. And that’s all there is to it.
FanDuel Sportsbook app overview
Whether you are familiar with online sportsbooks or not, the FanDuel app is easy to understand. The layout and functionality also are extremely similar to that of the FanDuel website.
Along the top of the app are links to FanDuel’s promotions page, the live sports that you can wager on and the top sports to wager on at present. While across the bottom are links to take you back to the homepage, a listing of all the sports you can bet on at FanDuel, your bet slip, another promo page link and a link for your account.
You will want to become familiar with the bet slip. Adding and removing selections is easy. Simply click the trash can logo to remove bets, while to add wagers you need to select the bets you want to add.
FanDuel’s bet slip also is nice because you can either decide how much money you want to wager, or you can enter an amount in the “To win” field, and your bet amount will be determined from there.
Under your account is where you can either deposit or withdraw funds, view your transaction history, contact customer support or log out of your FanDuel account.
Overall, the FanDuel app is, in our opinion, one of the best Iowa sportsbook apps on the market. It looks good, functions extremely well and is fast. Switching between the iOS app, the Android app and the FanDuel website is about as seamless as possible.
Best features of FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa
When it comes to the top features FanDuel has to offer, there are many from which to choose, but we narrowed our list down to the top three.
First, we love FanDuel’s single-game parlays. Other sportsbooks have begun offering SGPs, but nowhere near to the extent that FanDuel does. FanDuel has SGPs for most of the major sports. and the number of bets you can make is impressive. We enjoy making moneyline, spread and over/under single-game parlays, but you can add any number of prop bets as well.
Second, the number of promotions FanDuel Sportsbook has is great, as is the quality of the promos. It’s easy to come up with lots of promotions, but making them worthwhile to users can sometimes be the tricky part for sportsbooks. Somehow, FanDuel is one of the few that is able to do both. From money-back offers to parlay insurance, FanDuel has something for just about everyone.
And lastly, it might not seem like a huge deal, but the FanDuel Sportsbook app works in both the vertical and horizontal positions. There are a lot of times, whether it’s using an iPad or Android tablet, that being able to have your device in the sideways position is necessary. So having a sportsbook app that still is usable in either position is a major bonus.
How could FanDuel Sportsbook improve?
We couldn’t bring you the best features of FanDuel without also telling you about that less-thrilling aspects. So here are three ways FanDuel could improve.
First, we absolutely would love to see FanDuel create some type of rewards or loyalty program for existing users. New users receive a no sweat bet for up to $1,000, but if you’re someone who makes bets every single day, you get nothing in return.
Next, while we love how many FanDuel promotions there are, we definitely are not fans of always having to opt in to them. Listen, it’s our job to pay attention to these things, and we have little to no issue making sure we’re always opted in, but we know a lot of you out there might forget to do so, or might miss out on the promo entirely. And we think it’s unfair that because you failed to click a little button, you lose out entirely.
The final area where we’d like to see FanDuel make some changes is by adding a search bar to the main page of both the FanDuel app and website. This would be especially helpful when it comes to betting on college sports, especially if you’re looking to bet on a smaller school. As it is now, if you’ve got a good feeling about this weekend’s Western Carolina-Liberty football game, you’re in for some scrolling.
Types of sports bets available at FanDuel Iowa
You have a large number of types of bet you can make at FanDuel. Here’s a look at what they are, with examples to make them easier to understand.
- Moneyline Bets: Here you are picking the winner of a game, no spreads or anything else involved. The numbers listed with moneylines are based on $100 wagers and winnings. Negative odds mean that team is favored and indicate how much money you need to bet to win $100 in profit. Conversely, positive numbers are for underdogs and indicate how much you would win on a $100 bet. For example, if the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears are playing, the line could be: Green Bay -220, Chicago +184. This means the Packers are favored, and it would take a $220 bet on them win $100. Meanwhile a $100 bet on the Bears would win you $184.
- Point Spreads: Here you are given a handicap where the favorite needs to win by a certain amount, while an underdog bet still can win if the underdog loses by a certain number of points or less. Just like with moneyline bets, favorites are noted with negative numbers. Example: If the Chicago Cubs are playing the Minnesota Twins, the spread could be White Sox -1.5. In this example Chicago must win by two runs or more for a bet on them to win. A bet on Minnesota would win if the Twins either win the game outright or lose by just one run.
- Over/Under Bets: These are wagers where you are picking whether the total number of points, runs or goals will be more or less than a given number. Let’s say the Minnesota Timberwolves are playing the Chicago Bulls. The over/under for the game could be 220.5. This means you are betting on if the total points by both teams will be over or under 220.5. So if the final score is 115-110, over bets would win because 115+110=225.
- Prop Bets: Props don’t have to do with the final score of a game, but instead usually are focused on the performances of individual players. Common prop bets are whether a specific player will hit a home run, score a touchdown or record a set numbers of rebounds or assists in a contest. If you’re new to online sportsbooks, you might be surprised by the vast number of props available for most games.
- Parlays: These can be some of the more high-reward bets at FanDuel. In parlays, you are selecting multiple bets, and to win you need to get every single selection correct. For example, you could bet on the Bears, Packers and Vikings all to win one weekend. If any one of the three were to lose, you would lose you parlay wager.
- Teasers: Teasers are very similar to parlays, except in teasers, spreads are always involved and you’re modifying the lines them in your favor. Let’s use the example from above and say you’re betting on the Bears (+2.5), Packers (-4.5) and Vikings (+4.5). In a football teaser you might decide to increase the spreads by six points, so the new lines on your bets would be: Bears +8.5, Packers +1.5 and Vikings +10.5. While all the bets are now more likely to be correct, the downside is that the amount you would win is less than it was before.
- Round Robins: Another wager that is similar to a parlay. Here though you do not need to get all your picks correct because they are not all grouped together. Again using the Bears/Packers/Vikings example, in a round robin they would be grouped in twos. So if the Bears lost, but the Vikings and Packers won, you would end up winning your bet on Minnesota and Green Bay, while your bets involving Chicago would lose. And if all three win, you would win all of your bets.
- Futures: Here we have wagers that are mostly for team championships and individual player awards at season’s end. You can bet on which NFL team you think will win the Super Bowl, which NHL team will hoist the Stanley Cup, which NBA player will win the MVP award, which MLB player will be Rookie of the Year and much, much more.
- Live Bets: While not a specific type of sports betting, live betting warrants mention here because some of you might be unfamiliar with how it works. In live betting, you can bet as the game is taking place, odds are constantly changing, and you can bet on anything from moneylines, spreads and over/unders to what the result of the next play or pitch will be.
Sports you can bet on at FanDuel in Iowa
You can wager on pretty much any sporting league or event out there at FanDuel.
All the major US leagues are available. Whether you’re a fan of football (NFL and college football), basketball (NBA, WNBA, college basketball), baseball (MLB), hockey (NHL), soccer (MLS), golf (PGA Tour), tennis (WTA, ATP), mixed martial arts (UFC) or auto racing (NASCAR, IndyCar).
The action doesn’t stop there, as internationally you can wager on soccer leagues such as the English Premier League and the UEFA Champions League. FanDuel also has markets available for small, fringe sports like table tennis. Whatever you’re looking for, chances are high that you can wager on it at FanDuel in Iowa.
Iowa sports team betting guide
Unfortunately there are not any local teams from any of the major North American leagues that us Iowans can wager on. However, that doesn’t mean we don’t have a few teams in the neighboring states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri to cheer on from afar.
If football is your sport, then there are the Minnesota Vikings, Green Packers and Chicago Bears close by, while the Kansas City Chiefs, winners of Super Bowl LIV, aren’t too far away either.
The NBA has the Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks and Chicago Bulls. You also have a trio of teams to pick from in the NHL: the Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild.
And then in Major League Baseball you have both the Chicago Cubs and White Sox in Chicago, the Milwaukee Brewers, the Minnesota Twins, the Kansas City Royals and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Meanwhile Iowa has four Division I colleges — Drake, Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa — with football and basketball teams generally available for wagering.
Futures market at FanDuel Iowa sportsbook
Different sportsbooks offer different futures options, so not everything available at FanDuel will be at other Iowa sportsbooks.
One of the most common futures markets is for betting on the eventual champion. The FanDuel Sportsbook app has markets for picking the NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL title winners. You also can wager on which team will win the NCAA football national championship and the NCAA men’s basketball national championship.
FanDuel also has markets for the teams you think will win conference and division titles across all the major sports discussed above. Usually the odds for these are released shortly after the completion of the previous season and are always changing based on offseason moves or regular-season results.
When it comes to player futures, the NFL is the deepest market, with lines for who will capture the MVP award as well as the Defensive, Comeback and Offensive Player of the Year awards. Not only that, you can wager on who will lead the league in regular season passing yards and rushing yards.
Player futures markets in the other leagues tend to be smaller, sometimes with only wagers on regular or postseason MVP winner. And while FanDuel does not have futures odds on who will win the Heisman Trophy in college football, that could change.
FanDuel Sportsbook online banking options
You have multiple options for putting money into and taking money out of your FanDuel account in Iowa.
When you need to add money, you can do so using a Mastercard or Visa debit card, via an online bank transfer, by using your PayPal account, visiting a PayNearMe location, using cash at Diamond Jo Casino, getting a FanDuel Prepaid Play+ card or by using a FanDuel gift card. Needless to say, you have a lot of choices when it comes to funding your account.
When it comes to withdrawing money from FanDuel, you don’t have as many choices, but we still believe there are enough that it shouldn’t be an issue for the majority of users. You can have your money deposited into your online bank account or into your PayPal account.
You also can have a check mailed to you. And finally, you can get cash by going to Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque or Northwood and withdrawing your winnings that way.
How to contact FanDuel customer support
If you encounter any problems, you have a few methods of contacting FanDuel customer support to help you out. But before doing that, you might want to check out the support page to see if a solution to your problem already exists.
If that does not work, you can have a live chat with the FanDuel support team either through the app or website. The chat feature is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Or you can submit a ticket, the equivalent of writing an email.
You can access the chat and ticket options by clicking on your account, contact support and then selecting either the green “Submit a Ticket” or blue chat box labeled “Support.”
Responsible gambling at FanDuel
When you visit the responsible gambling page at FanDuel, you will find options that allow you to set personal limits as to how much you’re able to deposit, or how many entries you are allowed, the maximum amount you can wager and the amount of time you are able to spend on FanDuel a day.
You also can put yourself in timeout, meaning you can’t use the online sportsbook until your time is up. You can have reminders sent to you letting you know how much time and money you have spent at FanDuel. And lastly, you can take an indefinite leave from FanDuel entirely to protect yourself.
Where is the FanDuel retail sportsbook?
FanDuel hosts a retail sportsbook at Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque, and at Diamond Jo Worth Casino in Northwood.
Diamond Jo Worth Casino
- Address: 777 Diamond Jo Lane, Northwood, IA
- Phone: 877-323-5566
- Website: diamondjoworth.com/play/casino-games/fanduel-sportsbook
- Amenities: Four betting windows and nine self-service betting kiosks.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 a.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Opened: September 2020
Diamond Jo Casino
- Address: 301 Bell St., Dubuque, IA 52001
- Phone: 563-690-4800
- Website: https://www.diamondjodubuque.com/play/casino-games/fanduel-sportsbook
- Amenities: Four betting windows and nine self-service betting kiosks
- Hours: Mondays-Fridays, noon-10 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m.-1o p.m.
- Opened: September 2020
Is FanDuel the best sportsbook in Iowa?
Whether FanDuel is the overall best sportsbook in Iowa is a difficult question to answer because there are a lot of top sportsbooks in the state. What’s not difficult to answer, though, is whether FanDuel is among the top sportsbooks in the Hawkeye State, because it most definitely is.
FanDuel offers new customers a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000, constantly has new and exciting promotions for existing users and has one of the top sportsbook apps there is, so FanDuel is without a doubt among the contenders for best sportsbook in Iowa.
The next couple of years will go a long way in determining whether there is a No. 1 overall sportsbook in the state, or if instead there ends up being a group of three or four that distance themselves from the rest.
FanDuel Sportsbook FAQ
When you join FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa in October 2022 you’ll get a no sweat first bet for up to $1,000. No FanDuel bonus code is needed to claim this sign-up bonus. Check out the FanDuel Sportsbook Iowa welcome bonus section above for complete terms and conditions.
You must be 21 or older to bet on sports in Iowa. You also need to have the geolocation software on your computer, laptop, tablet or phone enabled to confirm that you are placing your bets from somewhere in the state of Iowa.
FanDuel has more promotions that most other Iowa sportsbooks and it is one of a small handful that offers same-game parlays for major sports like the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball.
Yes, FanDuel was granted a sports betting license by the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission (IRGC) which is in charge of sports wagering in the state. If you run into any problems with FanDuel or any other Iowa sportsbooks you can email ([email protected]) or call (515-281-7352) the IRGC to have them look into and address the issue.
No, FanDuel has a great website that functions in nearly identical ways as its dedicated sports betting app. The FanDuel app is free for Android and iOS though, and we consider it one of the top sportsbook apps in Iowa, so there’s really no reason not to get it for your phone or tablet.
FanDuel offers both odds boosts and early cash out betting. Odds boosts are available nearly everyday, while bets that are eligible for early cash out are indicated by a unique cash out symbol on the website and app. You must be physically in the state you placed the bet to cash out early.
Yes, you can bet on college sports using the FanDuel app, including betting on Iowa-based college teams like Iowa State and Iowa. However, Iowa law prohibits prop bets on college players.