Iowa State hopes what happened in Vegas carries over into their Big 12 Conference opener at Baylor.
The Cyclones are planning to deal with the heat and the Bears for the mid-afternoon kickoff on Saturday in Waco, TX. Highs are expected to be near 90, and Baylor’s turf surface could make it even hotter on the sidelines.
Iowa State at Baylor odds
If you’re looking to bet on the Cyclones game, here are the best live odds at Iowa sportsbooks:
How to watch: Iowa State at Baylor game info
- What: Iowa State (2-1) at Baylor (3-0)
- When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: McLane Stadium, Waco, TX
- TV: Fox
Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy (pictured above) hopes Iowa State’s depth pays off. The No. 14 Cyclones got plenty of backups in during a 48-3 blowout last week at UNLV.
Purdy told reporters:
“We’ve been talking about the depth we’ve got. And then Saturday, we finally got to see it. These guys been competing at practice, getting ready. And then when their number gets called in the game, they were ready on Saturday.
“This Saturday is going to be the same thing. If someone goes down, or if we need the young guys to step up, the guys are ready. I think they proved it on Saturday, They can go and play college football. We’re excited about it, and they’ll be ready to roll.”
Baylor wins came at Texas State (29-20), at home to Texas Southern (66-7) and in their conference opener at Kansas (45-7).
The Bears lead the Big 12 with 11.3 points per game allowed. Iowa State is second at 13.3 ppg. Iowa State’s defense leads the Big 12 in the fewest yards allowed at 192.7 yards per game. Baylor is second at 227.3 ypg.
Iowa State coach Matt Campbell saw improvements in urgency and energy after the UNLV game. He expects the Cyclones defense to be challenged as the conference season begins:
“I still think you’re getting ready to go down the gauntlet of some top tier offenses. Not to demean anybody, but I don’t know if we played that yet.”
Baylor has a 10-9 series edge over the Cyclones, including a 6-3 record at home.
College football betting promos for Iowa State at Baylor
Cyclones fans can win a $50 free bet by placing at least a $5 moneyline bet at Unibet Sportsbook. Sign up for a new account and enter the promo code IOWASPECIAL, then deposit at least $10. Place a wager on either Iowa ( versus Colorado State) or Iowa State ( versus Baylor). Your Unibet account will receive a $50 free bet within 72 hours if your team scores a touchdown in the game.
BetMGM Sportsbook is offering “Bet $10, Get $200 Instantly” with any football bet.
Around the Big 12: NCAAF live odds
- 11 a.m — SMU at TCU (FS1)
- 11 a.m. — Texas Tech at Texas (ABC)
- 2:30 p.m. — No. 14 Iowa State at Baylor (Fox)
- 3 p.m. — Kansas at Duke (ACC Network)
- 6 p.m. — No. 25 Kansas State at Oklahoma State (Big 12/ESPN+)
- 6:30 p.m. — West Virginia at No. 4 Oklahoma (ABC)
Other Top 25 games and live odds
No. 8 Cincinnati and No. 13 Ole Miss are idle this week.
Friday, Sept. 24
- UNLV at No. 22 Fresno State (9 p.m. CBS Sports Network)
11 a.m. Saturday games (unless noted)
- No. 2 Georgia at Vanderbilt (SEC Network)
- Villanova at No. 6 Penn State (BTN)
- No. 12 Notre Dame vs. No. 18 Wisconsin in Chicago (FOX)
- UMass at No. 17 Coastal Carolina (noon ESPN+)
2:30 p.m. games (unless noted)
- Colorado State at No. 5 Iowa (FS1)
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. No. 16 Arkansas in Arlington, TX (CBS)
- No. 9 Clemson at North Carolina State (ESPN)
- Rutgers at No. 19 Michigan (ABC)
- Georgia State at No. 23 Auburn (3 p.m. SEC Network)
6 p.m. games (unless noted)
- No. 24 UCLA at Stanford (5 p.m. Pac-12 Network)
- Tennessee at No. 11 Florida (ESPN)
- Nebraska at No. 20 Michigan State (FS1)
6:30 p.m. games
- Southern Miss at No. 1 Alabama (SEC Network)
- Akron at No. 10 Ohio State (BTN)
- No. 21 North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech (off-campus in Atlanta — ACC Network)
- South Florida at No. 15 BYU (9:15 p.m. ESPN2)
- Arizona at No. 3 Oregon (9:30 p.m. ESPN)