It’s time to lock in the fantasy football rosters and find the best Iowa sportsbook promos as NFL kickoff weekend gets underway this week.
Once again, the defending Super Bowl champions get to host the Thursday night opener. The NFL’s 102nd season begins when the Dallas Cowboys visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium.
Fans who want to place NFL bets in Iowa should get their wagers in before the 7:20 p.m. kickoff on Thursday on NBC. Grammy winner Ed Sheeran will perform during the pregame show, so if you hear his vocals on TV, it’s time to wrap up your picks.
NFL Week 1 sportsbook offers
The legal sportsbooks in Iowa are rolling out betting offers for Thursday night’s game and NFL wagers in general.
DraftKings offers Tampa Bay at +73
Look under “DK promotions” to take advantage of a “no brainer” offer. The operator set a point spread of +73 for the Buccaneers. So, as long as Tampa Bay doesn’t lose by 74 points, customers can take advantage of boosted odds at -110. That’s one bet per customer with a maximum bet of $50. DraftKings customers can’t use this promo for live bets, parlays, free bets, cash-out bets or voided bets.
New users can get $200 for placing college or NFL bets at DraftKings through Sept. 13.
Customers can deposit of $5 or more in their new account, then bet $1 or more on a college or NFL game. DK will then issue a $200 bonus, which will come as eight $25 free bets. There are some restrictions, so be sure to read the terms and conditions.
DraftKings also has a same-game parlay offer for kickoff weekend in the NFL. If the bet loses, DK will credit customers back with a $25 free bet.
PointsBet has primetime offers
PointsBet Sportsbook in Iowa has a Tom Brady offer for Thursday’s kickoff weekend opener. Bet up to $10, and if Brady throws for a one-yard gain or more against the Cowboys, PointsBet will double the money. Just go to the booster hub.
There’s a “no juice“ offer to watch for at PointsBet, but they only surface within 48 hours of NFL games. Essentially a $100 “no juice” bet earns customers $100 when they make a correct $100 bet on NFL games.
PointsBet has two primetime game offers as well:
- Thursday Night Football — $25 risk-free bet on a single game parlay of three legs or more.
- Sunday Night Football — $20 risk-free bet on any market with a minimum of -200 odds.
Earn a free jersey at Caesars Sportsbook
Bettors at Caesars Sportsbook in Iowa have until the end of the month to take advantage of “Jerseys for the People” promotion. Participants must find NFL games with minimum odds of -200, then place $100 in cumulative bets during the month.
The $100 in bets will then unlock a digital $150 gift card at NFLShop.com for a free jersey. NFL-only parlays and live in-play NFL wagers, teasers and round robins qualify as long as they meet the minimum odds.
Wednesday is the last day for the “super futures” promotion at Caesars. Bet at least $50 on the “2022 Super Bowl Winner” market and receive $5 for every win the team has during the regular season.
Bet risk-free at FanDuel
Place a cash wager on any Week 1 NFL game with odds of -200 or greater (for example: -200, -150, +100, etc.) to qualify for the risk-free bets. The FanDuel Sportsbook wagers apply to games Sept. 9-13 and customers will receive a site credit. Only the first wager of the week counts for the offer.
BetMGM has two completely free NFL bets
New and existing BetMGM Iowa customers will receive $20 in free bets for Week 1. The first free $10 arrives on the customer’s first login between Monday and Thursday (in time for Thursday Night Football bets). The second $10 free bet arrives on the first login between Friday and Sunday.
BetMGM wants customers to opt in to the Money Monday Club and receive a $10 free bet — as long as they placed $50 in qualifying wagers during the previous week (Monday through Sunday).
Back the Bears at BetRivers
The Chicago Bears don’t even have to go to the Super Bowl for a BetRivers promotion. Customers who place a bet of $50 or more on the Bears to win the NFC North get a $5 free bet for each regular-season game they win. The wager has to be in by Sept. 9 to qualify.
Unibet kickoff weekend promos
Unibet Sportsbook joined the list of Iowa options at the start of the month. Customers will find NFL promos in addition to sign on offers and referral rewards at the new sportsbook.
With “Bet, Bundle, Blitz” customers can wager $200 or $1,000 on football (NFL/NCAAF) during the current week and get either a $10 or $50 free bet for the next four weeks of the season. The offer lasts through Sept. 13.
Bally Bet has a $100 free bet offer
Bets placed by Saturday night are eligible for a $100 “Kickoff Cashback” offer at Bally Bet. If a Bally customer’s real money wager comes up short, Bally Bet will credit up to $100 back to your account as a free bet. The wager has to cash out by Sunday night.
Several offers at theScore Bet
Iowa customers who use theScore Bet also have promotional offers, including:
- A $400 “Football Is Back” special — Bet on any NFL or NCAAF market and get $400 in free bets. They cannot be combined with the risk-free first bet of up to $500, however.
- NFL “Team Win Total Bet & Get” — Bet $10 or more on three or more team win totals for the 2021 NFL season and get a $10 free bet.
- Fourth Quarter Protection — Wager on any NFL Week 1 pregame moneyline (straight bets only, redeemable one time on each game) and if the selected team is winning at the end of the third quarter but loses the game, theScore Bet customer will receive a free bet of $25 for a $50 or more bet and $50 for a $100 or more bet.
- NFL “Parlay Win & Get” — Place a 5+ leg NFL parlay during Week 1 and double your bet up to $100 in a free bet if you win.
Live NFL Week 1 odds
- 7:20 p.m. — Dallas at Tampa Bay (NBC)
Sunday (noon window)
- Philadelphia at Atlanta (FOX)
- Pittsburgh at Buffalo (CBS)
- Minnesota at Cincinnati (FOX)
- San Francisco at Detroit (FOX)
- Arizona at Tennessee (CBS)
- Seattle at Indianapolis (FOX)
- LA Chargers at Washington (CBS)
- NY Jets at Carolina (CBS)
- Jacksonville at Houston (CBS)
Sunday (3:25 p.m. window)
- Cleveland at Kansas City (CBS)
- Miami at New England (CBS)
- Green Bay vs New Orleans in Jacksonville (FOX)
- Denver at NY Giants (FOX)
Sunday Night Football
- 7:20 p.m. — Chicago at LA Rams (NBC)
Monday Night Football
- 7:15 p.m. — Baltimore at Las Vegas (ESPN)