Disclaimer: ClutchBet Sportsbook is not yet online in the US. This review is speculative based on what we know about ClutchBet. We will update this review when ClutchBet launches in Iowa. Until then, we recommend these Iowa online sportsbooks:
The Australian-based sportsbook aims to make a name for itself, with Iowa on its list of states that ClutchBet plans to launch in 2022. ClutchBet online sportsbook is partners with the Dubuque Racing Association, the parent company of Q Casino in Dubuque.
This news will likely be of interest to the state’s avid sports bettors, who will gain access to ClutchBet as an additional betting option, along with a welcome bonus for first-time customers. Stick with us for a little while as we review ClutchBet’s bonuses, banking, betting options and more.
ClutchBet Iowa bonus code 2023
Much like other legal sportsbooks in Iowa, ClutchBet offers a welcome bonus to new customers. In this case, it’s a bonus bet for up to $1,000. Here’s a recap of the details:
|Online Sportsbook||ClutchBet Sportsbook Iowa|
|bonus Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Online since||Coming soon|
|Last updated||September 2023|
ClutchBet Iowa sign-up bonus — the fine print
To claim the ClutchBet sign-up bonus, create an account at the sportsbook, deposit some money and place a bet. Then, if that bet loses, you’ll receive a refund as a bonus bet with which to wager again. If your first bet wins, the welcome offer goes away, but you can collect your winnings as usual. Other keys to know about this offer are:
- Minimum Deposit Requirement: Your initial deposit must be at least $10 to qualify for the bonus.
- Time Limitation: The bonus bet is good for seven days after receiving it. After that, the sportsbook will remove it from your account.
- Market/Odds Restrictions: You must place bonus bets at odds of -200 (or longer).
Can I trust ClutchBet Sportsbook?
Yes, ClutchBet is trustworthy; its reputation in Australia speaks for itself. The site’s parent company launched in 2015 and has since displayed a proven track record among Aussie bettors. Also, it’s listed on the Australian Securities Exchange as a publicly traded company.
In Iowa, ClutchBet teamed up with the Dubuque Racing Association (DRA) for market access. The DRA already operates Q Sportsbook, so ClutchBet will operate under the organization’s second online skin (up to three are allowed).
The ClutchBet-DRA agreement also received the approval of the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission, which oversees all legitimate gambling activity in the state.
Bottom line: ClutchBet is a legal sportsbook, and you can trust doing business with it. To do so, you must be 21 or older and located in Iowa when submitting your wagers.
Getting started at ClutchBet Sportsbook in Iowa
Before you start lining up your bets with ClutchBet IA, you’ll need to sign up for an account. This process is straightforward, but we’ll walk you through it:
- Visit the sportsbook site.
- Open the registration link.
- Fill out the application form and provide details like your full name, address, phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Click to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Explore your betting options.
How do I download the ClutchBet Sportsbook Iowa app?
ClutchBet offers two mobile platforms for those interested in on-the-go betting. First is the mobile version of the site, which is web-based, meaning that you don’t have to download anything to access it. The second option is the sportsbook app, available for iOS and Android. Here’s how you can download it:
- Head to ClutchBet’s website and scroll down to the bottom of the homepage.
- Tap the app download link that corresponds to your device’s operating system.
- Make sure that your device meets the compatibility requirements and follow any additional instructions.
- Install the app.
- Once you open it, log in to your ClutchBet account and go to the betting lobby.
- That’s it; now you should be ready to bet.
Where do I find ClutchBet promotions?
You can access the promotions tab via the link at the top of the page. You’ll see the ongoing promos for existing customers, which are mainly time-limited, so it’s a good idea to check the options now and then.
Depending on the promotional schedule, you can come across bonus bet bonuses, odds boosts, parlay boosters, sports-specific bonuses and more.
Why should I choose the ClutchBet Sportsbook app?
Overall, ClutchBet is a solid sportsbook with plenty to offer to Iowa sports bettors. Here is what stuck out to us during our review:
- Welcome Bonus: We’ve seen this before — an up-and-comer trying to make a name for itself and attracting bettors with a massive sign-up offer. Heavy-hitters like the DraftKings Sportsbook app and FanDuel Sportsbook may have the upper hand when it comes to other features, but ClutchBet’s welcome bonus can compete with most of the options out there.
- A Wealth of Betting Options: ClutchBet’s selection of sports is nothing short of impressive, and the sportsbook doesn’t drop the ball when it comes to depth, either. Particularly, this is true for prop bets, and this is where the sportsbook’s creativity comes to the fore.
What won’t I like about the ClutchBet Sportsbook app?
Even the most elite Iowa sportsbook apps have room for improvement, and ClutchBet is not an exception. Here are a couple of shortcomings that we found in our audit:
- Cluttered Interface: ClutchBet isn’t the most user-friendly sportsbook out there. The betting program isn’t arranged as neatly as at some other betting sites, and there are too many submenus in the lobby, creating clutter. Long story short, the entire site feels a little slapdash.
- Lack of Banking Options: ClutchBet’s cashier leaves much to be desired, as there are only a handful of deposit methods and even fewer for withdrawals. We’d like to see these options expand soon, especially for payouts.
What kind of bets can I place at ClutchBet Sportsbook?
There are plenty of ways you can get in on the action at ClutchBet. The sportsbook has an extensive betting menu that bulks up during high-profile events, like the Stanley Cup Final or Super Bowl. Here’s a snapshot of the standard wagers you can make at ClutchBet:
- Moneylines: It doesn’t get any simpler than betting the moneyline or putting cash down on a team to win the game. The favorites have negative odds, and the value indicates how much you need to bet to win $100. Underdogs generally have positive odds and deliver payouts that are bigger than your original stake. For example, you’d win $150 if you connect on a $100 moneyline bet with +150 odds.
- Spreads: The point spread considers the margin of victory and acts as an equalizer in lopsided matchups. The bigger the spread number, the more unevenly matched teams are, in the eyes of the sportsbook. To win a spread bet on a team that’s a -7.5 favorite on the spread, it would need to beat the opposing side by at least eight points. To stay within the spread, underdogs must either win the game outright or lose by fewer points than the spread number.
- Totals: These are also referred to as over/under bets. These are bets on some numerical total, typically the game’s total combined score. If the two teams score more points than the sportsbook’s estimate, over bets win. Otherwise, anyone who bet the under side scores a payout. The odds for both sides usually hover around -110.
- Props: If you’re interested in betting on statistical aspects of the game, then props are your go-to wagers. You’ll find a variety of popular proposition bets, including player props, which can include bets on points, rebounds, assists, touchdowns, home runs and other performance metrics by individual players.
- Futures: These are season-long wagers that can boast massive prices and be tricky to hit. The odds often come out months in advance and fluctuate throughout the season or playoffs, based on how teams perform, injury updates, news and so forth. You could, for instance, place a futures bet on the Los Angeles Lakers to win the NBA playoffs or the New Jersey Devils to win the Metropolitan Division or the Eastern Conference in the NHL.
- Live Betting: In-game or live bets unlock once the game kicks off. Most of the bets mentioned above are available for live betting, albeit at varying odds and lines.
Can I bet on the Iowa State Cyclones at ClutchBet?
Yes, ClutchBet covers a range of sports, including NCAA football and basketball as well as the big four — NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB. The sportsbook also has odds on more niche sports, depending on what’s in play at that time of year. When it comes to football-specific wagers, ClutchBet has a few additional options beyond what we went over above:
- First-Half Bets: With this bet, the focus is on only the action in the first half — the final score is irrelevant. The sportsbook will post odds and lines for first-half totals, moneylines and spreads.
- Winning Margin: This is a wager on the final result within a certain margin, similar to point spread bets. You can choose between 1-13 or 14+ points. There’s also a super winning margin, which comes with a more versatile range of point differentials.
- Race to X Points: With this bet, you’re betting on which team will score a specific number of points first. For instance, you can take the Cyclones to reach 15 points first in a game.
- Halftime/Full Time: This wager combines the outcome of the first half with the overall game result. There are several possible scenarios, including draw-draw, home/away team to lead at HT and win the game, or when one of the teams leads at HT but loses the game.
- Props: Note, however, that Iowa does not allow prop bets on NCAA athletes so that you won’t find those at any legal sportsbook in the state.
How do I get money on (and off) ClutchBet Sportsbook quickly?
There are several payment methods you can use to transfer cash to and from your ClutchBet account. Deposit options likely will include the following mainstream providers, with fewer choices available for withdrawals:
- Visa and Mastercard (debit cards only)
How do I get help at ClutchBet Sportsbook?
If you run into some problems while using the ClutchBet Sportsbook app, you can reach out to the site’s customer service for assistance. You can get in touch via email or live chat — whichever suits you better. A handy FAQ section provides quick answers to garden-variety topics like registration, bonuses, geolocation and security.
How do I exclude myself from ClutchBet?
ClutchBet complies with responsible gambling standards in line with the regulations imposed by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. You can set up deposit and wager limits on your account to restrict the amount of money you spend on the site, thus better controlling your gameplay. And if you still feel the urge to bet compulsively, you can take other measures, like signing up with the self-exclusion program. This would effectively prevent you from using ClutchBet’s services in Iowa for a set period.
Can I bet at ClutchBet in person?
ClutchBet hasn’t yet opened up a shop in Iowa and likely won’t have a retail location. Q Casino’s retail sportsbook is called Q Sportsbook:
- Address: 1855 Greyhound Park Road, Dubuque, IA 52001
- Phone: 563-582-3647
- Website: qcasinoandhotel.com
- Hours: 7 a.m.-3 a.m.
How does ClutchBet compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
ClutchBet is a fine betting establishment and a great option for Iowa bettors of all tastes and preferences. It still has some work to do to catch up with its more accomplished rivals like DraftKings or FanDuel, but it’s definitely on the right track.