Disclaimer: PlayUp Sportsbook is not yet live in Iowa. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated once the sportsbook launches.
Iowa could soon see the launch of PlayUp Sportsbook. After arriving in the US through Colorado, the Australian betting site has met with success and could start more sports betting sites in states as gambling laws change.
The relatively new online sportsbook could arrive in Iowa at some point this year if it manages to secure a license in the state. It will have fierce competition with BetMGM, DraftKings and Bally Bet now in full operation, but it looks as if PlayUp has things under control.
As a new user in Iowa, you’ll receive two bonuses for signing up to PlayUp Sportsbook. The first bonus will land in your account almost instantly, and you’ll also receive a 200% bonus on your first PlayUp deposit. You will find our full review of the online sportsbook below, as well as details on how to claim its welcome offer.
What’s great about PlayUp Sportsbook Iowa:
- Welcome bonus for all new users.
- It is an easy-to-use site and app.
- Provides a dedicated customer service team.
- Software is developed in-house.
PlayUp Sportsbook welcome bonus
To claim PlayUp’s bonuses of a $20 bonus bet and a 200% deposit match, follow one of the links on this page to the PlayUp site to create an account and enter the bonus code below during registration.
PlayUp will need to verify your account after you register. However, you will receive your bonus for signing up soon after, which will allow you to place a single bet of up to $20. Then, the sportsbook will match your first deposit at a rate of 200%, up to $200. Furthermore, you’ll receive some bonus cash to use on a sports bet of your choice.
PlayUp Iowa bonus code 2024
According to Iowa law, you must be 21 or older and be within Iowa state lines to sign up for a sports betting account and bet legally in the state. If you meet these criteria, you can create a PlayUp account and claim the sportsbook’s welcome bonus. PlayUp uses a two-step verification process.
|PlayUp Sportsbook Iowa
|Free Sports Bet
|Deposit Bonus Offer
|200% match of first deposit up to $200
How does the PlayUp bonus work?
There’s only a couple of terms and conditions you need to be aware of when it comes to PlayUp’s welcome bonus. First, it’s important to know the legalities of sports betting in Iowa — you need to be 21 or older and within the state lines to bet.
You also need to be aware of the wagering requirements for both parts of the bonus. First, you’ll need to play through the “Join Bonus“ once. For the deposit bonus, you’ll need to meet a 5x playthrough requirement on the amount of your deposit plus the bonus funds. So, this means you need to bet the deposit and bonus amount through five times to clear the cash for withdrawal.
All bets to meet the operator’s wagering requirements must have odds of -500 or higher. You need to meet the requirement on the deposit bonus funds within 90 days.
PlayUp Sportsbook ongoing promotions
You’ll find parlay insurance, deposit match offers, bet bonuses and more at PlayUp in Iowa. There’s a dedicated promotions page on the site, and the sportsbook advertises its biggest offers on its homepage to make sure you never miss out. Here are some of the offers you’ll see:
- Reload Mondays: Receive a bonus of 25% on deposits you place at the sportsbook on Mondays. You will need to use the code MONDAY25 at the cashier and claim this promo every week for a regular bonus.
- Champion Guarantee: This promo is for the soccer fans. Place a single pregame bet on any Champions League game. If your chosen team is winning by two goals at any point but loses overall, you’ll receive a bonus bet from the sportsbook.
- Bad Beat Tuesdays: Create a five-leg parlay on a Tuesday to receive insurance against your bet. If one leg lets you down, PlayUp will refund your bet up to $20 as a bonus bet to spend on the site.
Is PlayUp legal in Iowa?
PlayUp isn’t legal and operating in Iowa right now, but it will launch in the state in August or September 2021. PlayUp’s market access deal with Caesars Entertainment received an OK in April. The sportsbook is partnering with Horseshoe Council Bluffs.
How to create a PlayUp account in Iowa
To sign up for PlayUp, start by scrolling to the top of this page and clicking on the PlayUp link, which will take you to the sportsbook’s website. Then, click the button to register and follow the steps below:
- Enter a username and password for your account. Type in your email address.
- Fill in the sportsbook’s e-form with your name, contact number, birth date and address.
- Add the last four digits of your Social Security number, which are necessary to verify your information.
- Set up one or two security questions to protect your account.
- Click to register your account. The sportsbook will then verify your identity, and you should be good to go.
PlayUp Sportsbook app
PlayUp’s sportsbook app is available for Android and Apple devices and is free and easy to download. You’ll be able to use it to wager from anywhere within Iowa state lines when you’re connected to the internet.
Open the app to find a menu with links to the homepage, cashier, offers page and customer support. There’s a second menu to help you browse the sports available for betting at PlayUp. Once you’ve funded your account, you can use the sports menu to make a selection and view available events and betting lines on the app. You’ll see default betting options for each game first, but more lines are available when you click on the “More Bets” link to the right of each game.
You’ll be able to place a variety of bets on the app, and you’ll find the same lines on mobile as you will on PlayUp’s website, so there’s no right or wrong way to bet. You can download the app onto your smartphone or tablet by opening your device’s browser, loading the PlayUp Sportsbook site and following the app prompts from there.
If the site doesn’t ask you to download the app for your device, you can always scroll to the bottom of the site, where you’ll find an apps section.
Best features of the PlayUp app
PlayUp has an array of great features we love to see from an online sportsbook. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Popular Operator: PlayUp operates in Australia, New Zealand and India as well as the US. It’s an online sportsbook that keeps growing in popularity and now has more than 300,000 users around the world. It plans to continue expanding in the US.
- Excellent Customer Support: If you ever need a helping hand, PlayUp has a great team based in the US, which is ready to provide customer support. Whether you have a banking question, need help changing your password, or want to set a couple of gambling limits, you can get in touch via live chat or email 24 hours a day.
- In-House Development: PlayUp was developed and continues to be improved by an in-house team of experts.
- Makes Betting Easy: Choose to wager on desktop, tablet or smartphone. PlayUp provides fast and easy sports betting to suit your individual preferences.
How could PlayUp improve?
We like to see a sportsbook that continues to improve, even when its product is doing well. That’s why we’d make these suggestions for PlayUp:
- More Withdrawal Options: The depositing options at PlayUp are fantastic, but there are currently only three ways to withdraw your funds. We’d like to see a couple more.
- Better FAQ: We’d like to see a more detailed FAQ at PlayUp that uses categories and a search bar. The sportsbook’s customer support is great, but we’d like to see improvements to the site’s first port of call.
Types of bets at PlayUp Iowa
There’s a range of usual betting options available at PlayUp. Select a sport by using the site or app’s main menu to view your options in a simple grid format. Default options will appear first, which are usually moneyline bets, totals betting and point spreads. You can view other lines by expanding the game’s grid.
You can place wagers before the game or during via the live betting interface. You can also set futures bets to keep the season interesting. Look for an array of betting options for the biggest leagues, including the NBA, NFL and NHL, though smaller leagues and college games will also be available.
Sports you can bet on at PlayUp
The sportsbook currently offers over 20 sports to bet on, which adds up to around 250,000 total games each year. That means you’ll be able to bet on hockey, basketball, football, baseball and soccer. If you prefer individual sports and more niche offerings, you’ll also find golf, rugby and even some winter sports.
Iowa sports teams you can bet on
Though Iowa doesn’t have any major league teams, you’ll find college football and basketball action from the Iowa Hawkeyes, Iowa State Cyclones, Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers. In addition, neighboring states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri offer a variety of relatively nearby rooting interests, from the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball to the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears for football to the Minnesota Timberwolves in basketball, along with several others.
Iowa futures betting
Futures betting is becoming more and more popular among sports bettors. This wager allows you to place a long-term bet, including before the season in question even starts. Wager on which team you think will win one of the major North American leagues, or go more specific with wagers on individual major league players.
How to deposit and cash out on the PlayUp app
Banking is simple at PlayUp. The cashier function is easy to use on both desktop and mobile, and there are more than enough safe payment methods. You can make a deposit ($10 or more) using one of the following options:
- Credit or debit card
- E-check (ACH)
- Play+ prepaid card
- VIP Preferred
Start the withdrawal process using one of the methods below. You should receive funds within five business days:
- Play+ prepaid card
- VIP Preferred
How to contact PlayUp customer support
PlayUp has an FAQ and two contact options for players who need help with banking, promotions, tech issues, responsible gambling and more. Open the FAQ to see if your answer is already featured before getting in touch with the team.
The PlayUp support team is based in the US and can be contacted via the site’s live chat function or email. Support is available 24 hours a day by clicking the contact button in the main menu or footer of the site.
Responsible gambling at Play Up Iowa
It’s a legal requirement that all US online sportsbooks have a responsible gambling policy in place, and PlayUp has done a good job here. You can set limits on your use of the sportsbook to make sure you’re always wagering sensibly, and you can also choose to take a step away from the site, either temporarily or permanently.
Where is the PlayUp retail sportsbook?
PlayUp doesn’t have its a brick-and-mortar sportsbook in Iowa. The book is partnering with Horseshoe Council Bluffs but will likely not have a retail offering.
What do I get when I use the PlayUp bonus code?
Use the PlayUp bonus code to receive a $20 bet when you register and a 200% bonus on your first deposit.
Do I need to download the app to bet at PlayUp online?
You don’t need to download the app, as PlayUp is available as a website, but the app is handy. You can download it by following the prompts on the sportsbook’s website.
Is PlayUp Sportsbook legit?
PlayUp is a reputable and popular online sportsbook that now has more than 300,000 global users. It isn’t legal in Iowa just yet but is currently going through the process of receiving a sports betting license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
What is the minimum deposit at PlayUp Sportsbook?
The minimum deposit is $10, and you can add funds to your account using a range of methods, including VIP Preferred, Play+ prepaid card and online bank transfer.
Does PlayUp charge fees for withdrawals?
No, withdrawals are free at PlayUp, and you should receive your funds within five business days. Start a withdrawal from your account by visiting the cashier on the website or app.