The Hawkeyes have plenty of scary matchups in October, but Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz doesn’t want Colorado State and TE Trey McBride to haunt his team on Saturday.
McBride made the Mackey Award Watch List for the third straight season. The year-end award goes to the nation’s best tight end. So far this season, McBride has 30 catches for 339 yards and a touchdown in three games. Ferentz said:
“He’s a really good blocker. He’s a big physical guy, but also a really good runner, too. And they’re going to make sure he gets the ball.”
Colorado State at Iowa odds
Customers have Iowa Hawkeyes betting options as they decide whether McBride will keep the Rams within three touchdowns. Here are the best live odds at Iowa sportsbooks:
How to watch: Colorado State at Iowa game info
- What: Colorado State (1-2) at Iowa (3-0)
- When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City
- TV: FS1
Colorado State lost close games at home to South Dakota State (42-23) and Vanderbilt (24-21). Last week, the Rams picked up a 22-6 win in Ohio that caught Ferentz’s attention.
“Colorado State is coming off a really impressive win — a good win — over Toledo, who took Notre Dame to the wire the week before that. So it was a good road win for them.”
The Rams are led by coach Steve Addazio, so Ferentz is familiar with Colorado State’s style of play.
“Coach Addazio was up at Boston College when we played them in the Pinstripe Bowl (a 27-20 win in 2017). So (we’re) certainly familiar with his past. And you see a lot of similarities between what they were doing at Boston College and what they’re doing at Colorado State, not only in terms of scheme, but also the way their guys play. They’re a big team, physical team, especially up front.”
The Hawkeyes have a 14-game non-conference winning streak as well as a nine-game winning streak dating back to last season.
College football betting promos for Colorado State at Iowa
BetMGM Sportsbook is offering “Bet $10, Get $200 Instantly” with any football bet.
Hawkeye fans can win a $50 free bet by placing at least a $5 moneyline bet at Unibet Sportsbook. Sign up for a new account and enter the promo code IOWASPECIAL, then deposit at least $10. Place a wager on either Iowa ( versus Colorado State) or Iowa State ( versus Baylor). Your Unibet account will receive a $50 free bet within 72 hours if your team scores a touchdown in the game.
Busy Big 10 day: NCAAF live odds
The number of undefeated teams in college football continues to shrink, but Iowa could face two of them right away when the calendar flips to October. The Maryland Terrapins are favored to be 4-0 going into a Friday, Oct. 1, matchup with the Hawkeyes. The No. 6 Penn State Nittany Lions could be 5-0 when they come to Iowa City on Oct. 9.
11 a.m. games
- Villanova at No. 6 Penn State (BTN)
- No. 12 Notre Dame vs. No. 18 Wisconsin in Chicago (FOX)
- Bowling Green at Minnesota (ESPNU)
- Ohio at Northwestern (BTN)
2:30 p.m. games
- Colorado State at No. 5 Iowa (FS1)
- Rutgers at No. 19 Michigan (ABC)
- Illinois at Purdue (BTN)
- Kent State at Maryland (BTN)
- 6 p.m. — Nebraska at No. 20 Michigan State (FS1)
- 6:30 p.m. — Akron at No. 10 Ohio State (BTN)
- 7 p.m. — Indiana at Western Kentucky (CBS Sports Network)
Other Top 25 games and live college football odds
Friday, Sept. 24
- UNLV at No. 22 Fresno State (9 p.m. CBS Sports Network)
11 a.m. Saturday games (unless noted)
- No. 2 Georgia at Vanderbilt (SEC Network)
- UMass at No. 17 Coastal Carolina (noon ESPN+)
2:30 p.m. games (unless noted)
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. No. 16 Arkansas in Arlington, TX (CBS)
- No. 9 Clemson at North Carolina State (ESPN)
- No. 14 Iowa State at Baylor (FOX)
- Georgia State at No. 23 Auburn (3 p.m. SEC Network)
6 p.m. games (unless noted)
- No. 24 UCLA at Stanford (5 p.m. Pac-12 Network)
- Tennessee at No. 11 Florida (ESPN)
- No. 25 Kansas State at Oklahoma State (Big 12/ESPN+)
6:30 p.m. games
- Southern Miss at No. 1 Alabama (SEC Network)
- West Virginia at No. 4 Oklahoma (ABC)
- No. 21 North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech (off-campus in Atlanta — ACC Network)
- South Florida at No. 15 BYU (9:15 p.m. ESPN2)
- Arizona at No. 3 Oregon (9:30 p.m. ESPN)