The party at home fell flat, so why not a night on the town in Vegas for Iowa State at UNLV?
The Cyclones didn’t meet the occasion when ESPN College Football GameDay came to town. The then-No. 10 Hawkeyes extended their Cy-Hawk streak to six games with a 27-17 win in Ames.
The Cyclones (1-1) still have cards to play, however. Iowa State slipped from No. 9 to No. 14 in Sunday’s Associated Press poll — that’s a tumble from which they can recover.
Both teams started the season two weeks ago with FCS opponents. Iowa State found its way through a 16-10 win over UNI on Sept. 4. UNLV dropped a 35-33 double OT game to Eastern Washington.
UNLV fell to No. 23 Arizona State 37-10 on Saturday. Iowa State has a 4-1 series lead over the Runnin’ Rebels. They’ve played each other occasionally since 1995.
Unibet betting promotion
- Sign up on the Unibet app using the promo code IOWASPECIAL, then deposit $10 or more.
- Make your way to the NCAAF market and place a minimum $5 moneyline bet on either Iowa ( versus Kent State) or Iowa State ( versus the Rebs).
Your Unibet account will receive a $50 free bet within 72 hours if your team scores a touchdown. The offer will be available for the Sept. 25 Iowa State-Baylor and Colorado State-Iowa games as well.
How to watch: Iowa State UNLV game time
- What: Iowa State (1-1) at UNLV (0-2)
- When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Allegiant Stadium, home of the Las Vegas Raiders
- TV: CBS Sports Network
Iowa State at UNLV tickets and more
The UNLV ticket office expected a wave of cardinal and gold, so they even attached premium pricing to the ISU-UNLV game tickets. If you want to try for a spontaneous getaway, there may be some seats still available.
UNLV and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) have some tips for Cyclone Nation:
- Parking: UNLV said it “heard concerns” from its fanbase about affordable parking for games at Allegiant Stadium. The university has a partnership with MGM Resorts for $10 parking at the Luxor’s East Lot (3901 S. Las Vegas Blvd). Fans must use the ParkMobile app to purchase a parking space and use the code MGMUNLVFB.
- Transportation: For all parking and transportation information for UNLV football games at Allegiant Stadium, visit UNLVRebels.com/AllegiantParking.
- Entertainment: MGM Resorts and Bud Light have a Bud Light Beer Garden for UNLV home games at Allegiant Stadium. The beer garden has “football challenges, life-sized Jenga and chess, DJs, food and beverage specials and more for fans.” Treasure Island offers pregame festivities with drink specials at Treasure Island’s Golden Circle Sportsbook & Bar. Visitors can also visit Gilley’s Saloon, Dance Hall & Bar-B-Que or Breeze Bar. Ask about motorcoach transports to Allegiant Stadium as well.
- COVID Protocols: Iowa State fans, be sure to have a mask ready as you approach Allegiant Stadium. UNLV requires mask use indoors, regardless of vaccination status. The policy specifically mentions UNLV football games at the stadium.
Where else to watch the Iowa State game in Vegas
The visitors authority offers more game day travel tips for Cyclones fans visiting Sin City:
Circa Resorts & Casino: 8 Fremont Street Experience
Circa Sports boasts the largest sports betting experience in the world at Circa Resort & Casino, according to the LVCVA.
It has “a 78-million-pixel screen, a three-story, technologically-advanced sportsbook and an overhanging bar with a combined capacity of up to 1,000 people.” Fans can also watch the game outside on a 143-square-foot screen at Stadium Swim.
Stadia Bar: 3570 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Stadia Bar at Caesars Palace was inspired by sports fans. Iowa State fans will find net-like chandeliers, baseball sconces and other touches throughout. The lounge drink menu includes “classic libations, specialty cocktails,” and rare spirits like Kentucky Owl, Pappy Van Winkle and “exclusive barrel picks direct from the distiller.”
Cyclone fans who stay in town for bets on NFL games can add another venue to their visit.
Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub: 3708 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas’ Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub becomes a “football oasis” every Sunday. The Cosmo offers “bottle service, game-day eats, refreshing beverages and a DJ” plus the chance to take a dip while watching NFL games on the big screen.
Resorts World Las Vegas: 3000 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Resorts World Las Vegas is the newest casino resort on the Strip, according to the LVCVA.
It’s also home to Dawg House Saloon & Sportsbook where football fans will find “draft beers, cocktails and American fare with a Southern twist.”
Money, Baby!: 4455 Paradise Road
Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Money, Baby! offers sports viewing, culinary, betting, entertainment spacious poolside accommodations and nightlife. Iowa State fans will find two DJ booths, state-of-the-art golf simulators, shuffleboard as well as a 360-degree viewing experience and in-venue sportsbook. DJs spin during commercials and other game breaks.
Wynn Race & Sports Book: 3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Wynn Las Vegas Race & Sports Book offers state-of-the-art technology including individual lighting, USB plugs and electrical outlets. The sportsbook offers 1,600-square-foot wraparound LED screen. “Next door, Charlie’s Bar + Grill was also remodeled and serves elevated tailgate favorites and beer.”