We don’t know where Aaron Rodgers will report to training camp in 2022, but for 2021, it looks like he’ll be a Green Bay Packer. Up until Tuesday, that was anything but a sure bet.
Rodgers didn’t participate in any of the team’s mandatory offseason activities. The reigning league MVP was unhappy with his contract and the team’s decision to invest a 2020 first-round draft pick on Jordan Love, his eventual replacement.
That left Iowa sportsbooks in flux about the green-and-gold.
The Chicago Bears begin preseason practices with quarterback questions of its own.
Mitchell Trubisky is out. Andy Dalton is in and former Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles remains an option behind center. Dalton and Foles are just placeholders, however. The Bears drafted Ohio State QB Justin Fields in the first round. The team wants him putting down clipboards and picking up footballs as soon as possible.
Here’s the Kansas City quarterback outlook: They have Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs are Super Bowl odds favorites.
The Minnesota Vikings drafted Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond in the third round, but Minnesota will likely give him time to develop behind incumbent starter Kirk Cousins.
NFL teams begin training camp with a maximum of 90 players. Rosters have to be trimmed to 85 on Aug. 17. Teams cut another five players a week later, on Aug. 24. The 53-man roster and practice squad are set on Aug. 31.
Green Bay Packers training camp
Packers training camp: What you need to know
Location: Normally in De Pere, WI, the camp will be in Green Bay for a second straight year.
- The Packers have a tradition of meeting young fans and riding their bicycles to and from the first day of training camp, but the custom has to be modified this year. They’ll ride full-sized Schwinn bikes and fans can cheer along the bike path instead.
- Seating is first-come, first-served for practices at Ray Nitschke Field.
- Fans will have to verbally agree to answer COVID-19 screening questions before entering viewing areas near the field.
- The Packers will open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Johnsonville Tailgate Village during the first four days of practice.
Packers training camp schedule
*All practices are free, open to the general public and begin at 10:10 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
- July 28-31
- Aug. 2-3
- Aug. 5
- Aug. 7: 7:30 p.m. “Family Night” at Lambeau Field
- Aug. 10-12
- Aug. 14: Texans vs. Packers 7 p.m. at Lambeau Field
- Aug. 18-19: Joint practices with the NY Jets
Chicago Bears training camp
Bears training camp: What you need to know
Location: Lake Forest, IL
- The Bears held a random drawing to distribute free tickets for any of the 14 public training camp practices. That window closed July 15.
- Tickets are mobile-only. There are no in-person ticket sales.
- Fans can’t park at the training camp site, but shuttles are set up from Hawthorn Mall to Halas Hall, where camp takes place.
- Training camp attendees will need their mobile ticket and a face mask to board the shuttle bus.
- Gates open at 7:30 a.m. and practices are typically 8:30-11 a.m. Training camp closes at noon.
- Inclement weather may force the Bears to cancel a practice or close it to fans.
- Fans will discover selfie opportunities, but NFL protocols prevent players from signing autographs.
Bears training camp schedule
*Training camp hours are 7:30 a.m. to noon with practices from 8:30-11 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
- July 29-31
- Aug. 2
- Aug. 3: 11 a.m. Family Fest at Soldier Field
- Aug. 5-8
- Aug. 14: Noon preseason Week 1 Dolphins vs. Bears at Soldier Field
- Aug. 16-18
- Aug. 21: Noon preseason Week 2 Bills vs. Bears at Soldier Field
- Aug. 23-25
- Aug. 26: Last day of camp, closed to public
Kansas City Chiefs training camp
Chiefs training camp: What you need to know
Location: St. Joseph, MO
- Tickets are required for fans to attend sessions — that’s new for 2021.
- The tickets are free on most days. They are mobile-only and must be ordered in advance through the Chiefs official website.
- There are no in-person ticket sales.
- Training camp gates open 30 minutes prior to the start of practice.
- Inclement weather may force a practice indoors at Missouri Western State University. Fans can’t attend the indoor practices.
- NFL protocols won’t allow players to sign autographs for the training camp fans.
Chiefs training camp schedule
All practices are free, open to the general public and begin at 9:15 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
- July 28: Exclusive season ticket member day
- July 30-31: $5 admission
- Aug. 2-5
- Aug. 6: Chiefs Alumni Day and junior training camp
- Aug. 8: $5 admission for Family Fun Day
- Aug. 9
- Aug. 10: Exclusive season ticket member day
- Aug. 12: Makeup date, reservations are unavailable
- Aug. 14: 7:30 p.m. preseason Week 1 at 49ers
- Aug. 16: Begins at 10:15 a.m.
- Aug. 17
- Aug. 18: Begins at 8:15 a.m. Military Appreciation Day and final day of camp
Minnesota Vikings training camp
Vikings training camp: What you need to know
Location: Eagan, MN
- Fans can get free mobile tickets for up to two of the 14 training camp events open to the public.
- The Vikings have $50 “fan hospitality tent” tickets available as well. Perks include shaded seats, food and nonalcoholic drinks.
- No player autographs due to protocols, but Vikings “legends” will be on hand for fans.
- Full-pad practices begin Aug. 2.
- The Vikings will hold a Frontline Heroes Day scrimmage at US Bank Stadium on Aug. 7. The Plaza opens at 10 a.m. with the scrimmage from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are $20 or $10 for youth over 36″ tall.
- The Vikings and Broncos will have joint practices Aug. 11 and Aug. 12. Fan village hours are noon to 5:30 p.m. The practice is 2:15-4:15 p.m. Tickets are $10 or $5 for youth over 36″ tall.
Vikings training camp schedule
*Training camp village hours are noon to 5 p.m. with practices from 2:15-4:15 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- July 28-30
- July 31: TCO Stadium night practice 5-10 p.m. village hours with 7:30-9:30 p.m. practice.
- Aug. 2-4
- Aug. 5: Pride Day
- Aug. 6: Youth Football Day
- Aug. 7: Frontline Heroes Day at US Bank Stadium*
- Aug. 9-10
- Aug. 11-12: Joint practices with Broncos
- Aug. 14: Broncos vs. Vikings 3 p.m. at US Bank Stadium
- Aug. 21: Colts vs. Vikings 7 p.m. at US Bank Stadium