Catfish Bend Casino: Sportsbook And Poker Room
Originally a riverboat casino, Catfish Bend Casino became land-based in 2017. In Burlington, IA, Catfish features slot machines, table games, a sportsbook and a poker room.
The PZAZZ! Entertainment complex also has two hotels and plenty of attractions, such as FunCity and Huck’s Harbor.
Sports betting fans can place wagers at the PointsBet retail sportsbook at Catfish Bend.
You must be 21 years or older to enter the casino.
Catfish Bend Casino
- Address: 3001 Winegard Drive, Burlington, IA 52601
- Owner/Operator: Great River Entertainment
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Casino Games: 600+ slot machines, 10 table games
- Sportsbook: Yes, retail and online
- Poker Room: Yes, five tables
Iowa Casinos in the News
Catfish Bend Casino Gambling Partnerships
Located in Burlington, IA, Catfish Bend Casino is part of the PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex, owned by Great River Entertainment. Catfish Bend is currently partners with PointsBet, one of the leading sports betting operators in the industry.
Casino at Catfish Bend
The casino features 600+ slots and plenty of table games. Moreover, it offers numerous promotions for new and regular customers and a rewards program.
Even though promotions are usually time-sensitive, let’s look at several give you an idea of what offers you can expect at Catfish Bend Casino Burlington:
- Senior Day: From 10 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. every Wednesday, senior citizens can earn 25 points on their Players’ Club account and receive a free play reward.
- Happy Birthday: If you visit the casino during the month of your birthday, you will receive a special birthday gift.
- Happy Casino Hour: Certain drinks are cheaper from 5-7 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and from 7-9 p.m. Fridays through Saturdays.
Catfish Bend Casino has a diverse portfolio of popular slot titles, including video slots, video poker and progressive slots. According to PZAZZ!’s website, there are currently 600+ slots available.
Some of the most popular progressive titles are:
- Bengal Treasures Lightning Link
- Fort Knox
- River Riches
- Sizzlin’ 7s
- Wheel of Fortune
There are also plenty of reel slots, such as:
- Cash Wheel
- Double Joker
- Easy Money
- Emerald Island
- Lucky Leopards
- Red Hot Tamales!
- Silver Stars
- Super Red Hot Jackpot Sizzling 7s
- Tiki Beach
- Triple Cash
- Triple Diamond
- Super Wild Cherry
- Wild Flurry
- Xanadu 9 Dragons
If you’re into novelty slots, you’ll enjoy titles such as:
- Johnny Cash
- Lord of the Rings — Rule Them All
- Monopoly Money
- Monty Python Killer Bunny
- Playboy Platinum Quick Hit
- Shark Week
- Sex and the City Ultra
- Wheel of Fortune Triple Gold Megatower
- Wonder Woman Wild
Of course, these are only some of the slot titles at Catfish Bend Casino.
Video poker lovers will have a chance to play Game King Poker and Super Times Pay Poker.
Finally, the video slots category boasts the largest number of titles. There are hundreds of games available, and here are some of the ones we liked:
- 50 Dragons
- African Dusk
- Bengal Treasures
- Bier Haus
- Buffalo Grand
- Cash Money
- Dancing in Rio
- Easter Island
- Fire Horse
- Fortune Gong Dragon
- Good Deal
- Heart of Gold
- Hoot Loot
- Line King
- Inca Sun
- Lucky Tree
- Miss Kitty
- Moon Race
- Norse Warrior
- Shadow Princess
- Tequila Sunrise
- Tiki Torch
- Treasure King
- Twin Win
- Van Helsing
- Whales of Cash
If you prefer table games, you’ll find a decent collection at Catfish Bend Casino. Let’s take a look at the current offer:
- Mississippi Stud
- Free Bet Blackjack
- Multiple Hand Blackjack
- Spanish 21
- Classic Black Jack
- i-Tablete Roulette (payments are made electronically)
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Four Card Poker
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
- Craps with 10x odds
Player’s Club rewards program
Catfish Bend Casino offers the Player’s Club reward program. Some of the perks you’ll get are special rewards, giveaways and promotions. Most importantly, you’ll collect points that you can redeem for free play.
To join, you need to be 21 or older. Ensure you have your photo ID, as you will have to present it at Player Services in the casino. As a new member, you’ll receive a subscription to the monthly casino mailer, a personal Player’s Club card and up to $1,000 in free play on your first day.
There are currently four tiers:
- Bronze: 1 to 24,999 points
- Silver: 25,000 to 49,999 points
- Gold: 50,000 to 99,999 points
- Platinum: 100,000+ points
Once you get to the silver tier, you’ll receive a comp point multiplier offer, discounted or free hotel stays and invitations to exclusive events and private parties. Moreover, you’ll get a 5% discount at the spa and other amenities at the PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex. Gold members will have 10% discounts, while platinum members can receive free show tickets and a 15% discount.
To collect comp points, all you need to do is play games at the casino. If you want to redeem them for play money, you can do it at a rate of 200 points for $1 in free play.
PointsBet Sportsbook at Catfish Bend Casino
PointsBet operates a retail sportsbook at Catfish Bend. The sportsbook features multi-screen video and a wall displaying odds. Moreover, there’s a big sports bar and an upscale lounge to watch sports and follow all your bets.
Betting kiosks hours are:
- Mondays: 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursdays through Sundays: 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Betting counter hours are:
- Mondays: 12 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 2-9 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays: noon-11:30 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Some of the sports you can bet on are:
- Aussie rules
- Motor racing
- Rugby union
- Table tennis
Online sportsbook app
The app is available to Android and iOS users and offers an array of sports and betting markets, in addition to some special features, such as Quick Parlay, In-Play Parlay and Parlay Booster.
New customers from Iowa also have an opportunity to receive a welcome bonus in risk-free bets. The site features plenty of other promotions for regular bettors as well, such as parlay boosts, refer-a-friend promos and cash-out promos.
To sports bet online, simply visit the website and download the app. You can start betting from anywhere within the borders of Iowa.
Catfish Bend Casino Poker Room
There’s a great poker room at Catfish Bend Casino, where you can play games such as Texas Hold’em, Omaha, seven-card stud and other variations. The room features five tables and is available to every visitor of the legal gambling age.
It also features several regular tournaments:
- Wednesday “Double Barrel Reload” No-Limit Texas Hold’em : It starts every Wednesday at 6 p.m. The buy-in is $20, and up to two re-buys are allowed.
- Friday No-Limit Texas Hold’em Deep Stack starts every first Friday at 6 p.m. The buy-in is $125, and no re-buys are allowed.
- Friday No-Limit Texas Hold’em Ladies Event: It starts every second and third Friday of the month at 7 p.m. The buy-in is $20, and there are $10 re-buys and $10 add-ons.
The poker room also offers a bad beat jackpot, which you can check out once you visit the property.
The hotels at PZAZZ!
PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex features two hotels — Catfish Bend Inn & Spa and PZAZZ! Resort Hotel.
- Catfish Bend Inn & Spa: Catfish Bend Inn & Spa has 40 luxury rooms and a private outdoor pool, as well as a patio and a hot tub. The hotel belongs to the PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex. It is located right next to the PointsBet Sportsbook and Catfish Bend Casino. If you book a room in this hotel, you’ll enjoy a variety of amenities: 50-inch TV, walk-in showers, stainless steel mini fridge, in-room hairdryers, high-speed Internet, iPod/MP3 player, and plush robes and wraps. Moreover, you’ll have access to the business center, meeting/board room, full-service fitness center, service to/from the airport, and free Burlington Bees baseball tickets.
- PZAZZ! Resort Hotel: The PZAZZ! Resort Hotel offers 140 rooms, and it’s a family-friendly alternative to the adult-only Catfish Bend Inn & Spa. The property is next to FunCity and Huck’s Harbor Water Parks, and visitors can also check out KingPins Bowling Center. Moreover, there are several dining options nearby, in addition to a full-service spa. Every room offers high-speed Internet, access to HBO, free baseball tickets for the Burlington Bees, micro-fridge units and hairdryers.
The PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex features quite a few dining options:
- Boogaloo Sports Bar & Grill: A combination restaurant-sports bar with an all-American menu and plenty of drinks. An ultimate sports and music place with 40 jumbo LED TVs.
- Edgewater Grille: A restaurant offering fresh and budget-friendly meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Gasoline Allie’s: A casual dining place inspired by ’50s family diners where you can buy burgers, shakes, malts and more.
- Candy Alley: A candy shop offering an array of sweets, including Jelly Belly jelly beans and gummy bears.
- Coldstone Creamery: Features cakes, smoothies, shakes and ice creams.
- Panera Bread: A popular American bakery/cafe.
There are two popular nightlife options:
- Tiki Life: An outdoor bar that features signature frozen drinks.
- Box Office: A convention and event center where you can see the latest shows, performances and fights.
Family fun and water parks
There’s much more to PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex than casinos, hotels and dining options. Namely, it also features an array of family-friendly activities, which have become one of the property’s main attractions.Those include:
- KingPins: A bowling alley
- Arcadium: Arcade games
- Zoom: Kart racing
- LazerTown: Laser tag
- Ballocity: Multi-level attraction for kids filled with soft balls
- SkyTrail: A maze of ropes and bridges with a safety system
- Trax: Multi-level party room
- Hack’s Harbor: Indoor and outdoor water park
Catfish Bend Casino History
Catfish Bend Casino in Burlington, IA, opened on Nov. 16, 1994. However, since land-based casinos were not allowed in Iowa, it began operating as a riverboat casino. The casino moved onto land in 2007, when Iowa no longer required the operators to keep gambling operations on the water surface. The casino was renovated and became part of the PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex.