Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel: Slots, Blackjack, Poker
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel is a land-based tribal casino in Tama, IA.
It features over 67,000 square feet of gambling space that holds over 1,350 video slots, nine table games, a 550-seat bingo parlor and a 10-table poker room.
Meskwaki is one of the biggest and most well-equipped casinos in Iowa. Gambling is only part of the fun at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel. The facility includes six restaurants, a 400-room luxury hotel, a pool, a spa, live music and space for events and meetings. Regulars will benefit from the casino’s Players Club rewards program.
You must be 21 years or older to enter the casino premises.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel
- Address: 1504 305th St., Tama, IA 52339
- Owner/Operator: Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa
- Hours: From 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Sundays-Thursdays; 24/7 on Fridays and Saturdays
- Casino Games: 1,350 video slots, 21 table games, bingo, poker
- Sportsbook: No
- Poker Room: Yes, 10 tables; daily Limit and No-Limit Texas Hold’em cash games and weekly tournaments
Iowa Casinos in the News
Casino at Meskwaki
The casino is outside of Tama, IA, in Central Iowa. The culture of the Meskwaki has inspired the design of the casino, a group of indigenous people commonly referred to as the Fox Tribe. The Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa is a federally recognized Native American tribe. It is the owner and operator of the casino, enjoying special privileges in relation to the Iowa gambling laws.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel was built in 1992 and has gone through several minor renovations over the years, with each resulting in the addition of new and more modern casino games.
Today, the casino features 67,553 square feet of space, and it has a versatile collection of games, including more than 1,350 video slot machines, 21 tables for nine table games, a 550-seat bingo hall, and a 10-table live poker room for Texas Hold’em cash games and tournaments.
The lobby of the casino features various artifacts and photos from Meskwaki culture. The casino is always kept sparkling clean, and its employees are friendly and professional at all times.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel organizes frequent promotions for its guests. For instance, Prime Time 55+ Club members can enjoy a discount at the casino’s hotel. They are also entitled to 10% off at the gift shop, 15% off for bingo buy-ins and a discount at the buffet. All Players Club members can take advantage of 4x Points Wednesdays, during which your tier points get quadrupled when playing video slots. Other promotions include birthday gifts, prizes and free play.
There aren’t many places in Iowa where you can find over 1,350 video slots, making Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel ideal for those who like trying their luck at spinning the reels.
Based on the current Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission statistics, the casino says it has the loosest machines in the state, and it frequently awards jackpots worth over $10,000. It is one of just two casinos in Iowa to feature wide-area progressives.
Regardless of your bankroll, you are likely to find a slot machine that matches your gambling budget, as you can choose from penny slots, high-limit machines played at $100 per pull and everything in between.
Additionally, Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel frequently adds new machines to its portfolio. Some of the latest additions include these titles:
- Asian Fortunes
- Black Jaguar
- Fu Nan Fu Nu
- Money Rain Deluxe
- Northern Treasure — Rapid Revolver
- Gardens of Magic — 8 Petals
- Golden Flower
- Sparkling Roses
- Wealth of Dynasty
- Willy Wonka — World of Wonka
If you want to try some high-limit slots, you can visit the casino’s high-limit room, which features 68 machines with potentially huge payouts. Some of the games include:
- Diamond Fives
- Red, White & Blue
- Return of the Sphinx
- Thunder Cash
- Triple Double Diamond
- Wild Cherry
While the casino used to be smoking-friendly, Meskwaki is now a smoke-free facility. Apart from video slots, the available machines include other games such as video poker, video keno and video 21.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel has 21 tables offering nine table games that you can play during the casino’s working hours. Like with slots, the table games accommodate a variety of bankrolls, as the limits range from $5 to $2,000. Here are the available table games:
- Bad Beat Baccarat
- Cajun Stud Poker
- Criss Cross Poker
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
- Heads Up Hold’em
- Match’em Hi-Lo
Bingo is a huge part of this casino, which shouldn’t be much of a surprise.
The bingo hall features 550 seats, with over a dozen games available throughout the day, both in paper and electronic format. The morning sessions include 10 bingo games, while the matinee and evening sessions feature 12 games. Players can also purchase the House Special Pack, which gives them access to additional games with progressive pots. These are the available progressive bingo games:
- 10 a.m. Fishbowl Progressive
- 10 a.m. Jackpot Progressive
- 2 p.m. Fishbowl Progressive
- 2 p.m. Jackpot Progressive
- 6 p.m. Fishbowl Progressive
- 6 p.m. Red Earth Progressive
The buy-ins range from $15 to $30, with the option to buy additional cards. Regular games feature rewards between $100 and $500, while daily progressive payouts often go beyond $10,000.
Players Club loyalty program
The Players Club or Club Meskwaki is the official rewards program at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel. Becoming a member is free of charge. As a holder of the Meskwaki card, you will earn points each time you play. Once you collect enough points, you will move to the next tier level and enjoy more benefits. Here are the four levels with the number of necessary points:
- Classic — 0 to 1,499 points
- Gold — 1,500 to 8,499 points
- Platinum — 8,500 to 54,999 points
- Elite — 55,000+ points
The membership is renewed every 12 months.
You can earn all sorts of benefits by being a member, including hotel discounts, gift shop discounts, unique party invitations, birthday recognition, promotion participation, and direct mail rewards.
Elite-level members get a free stay at the hotel, a discount for the hotel suite, personalized casino host, complimentary show tickets, VIP show seating, priority line at the buffet and priority check-in at the hotel.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel Poker Room
The poker room at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel features 10 tables where you can enjoy Limit and No-Limit Texas Hold’em games. Daily tournaments in the form of daily live limit hold’em with early bird specials start at 10 a.m., and the buy-ins range from $20 to $100. On top of that, you will get a chance to register for occasional main events.
While the casino’s poker room gathers players from all over the state, there are also many low-limit options where beginners can test their skills without too much pressure. The poker room features a bad beat jackpot worth over $10,000.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel Amenities
If you’re planning for a visit involving more than gambling, you have various options.
Meskwaki Hotel offers luxury accommodation to all guests of the casino. Each of the 404 rooms is larger than average, giving you a chance to relax while enjoying the view of the Iowa countryside.
The available room types include standard king, double queen, round suite and hospitality suite. The rooms feature large HDTVs with cable, free Wi-Fi, walk-in showers and refrigerators.
The guests can also enjoy a fitness center, indoor pool and shuttle service. If you want to navigate this large casino more easily, you can rent a mobility scooter for $15 for four hours or $30 for 24 hours. You must be at least 21 years old to enter the hotel, and no alcoholic beverages are allowed in the rooms.
Finally, don’t forget that being a member of the Players Club gives you a chance to take advantage of hotel discounts.
With six dining options, the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel in Tama, IA, satisfies its guests. Regardless of what you crave — whether it’s seafood, prime rib, burgers or buttermilk pancakes — you’ll find it all at the casino’s versatile restaurants. Here are the dining venues at Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel:
- The Buffet: The casino’s buffet features a great variety of local and international dishes. From Thursday to Sunday, every dinner is themed: Steak Night, Seafood Night, Prime Rib Night, and Shrimp Buffet. Of course, great options are available for breakfast and lunch, as well.
- Prime Cut Grill: Prime Cut Grill is Meskwaki Casino’s high-end restaurant, where you can enjoy a classy dinner. Here, you’ll be greeted by an extensive menu and a selection of wine and cocktails.
- Lucky’s Grill & Taproom: Enjoy a game with your buddies while munching on food options like shredded chicken nachos, fried Oreos and signature pizzas. Here, you’ll also get to try 20 beers on tap, including 10 local Iowan craft beers.
- Food Arcade: If you need a break from the tables and you want to grab a quick bite, Food Arcade is the ideal choice. Enjoy a variety of pizzas, burgers, chicken wings and other snacks.
- Bingo Concessions: This restaurant is designed for bingo players, as it’s inside the casino’s bingo area. Get a quick hot dog or a slice of pie before your next bingo game.
- Lounge: Lounge is a bar serving a great selection of beers, cocktails, wines and other alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks. The Lounge features live music and entertainment every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. It’s open from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel history
Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel was constructed in 1992 by the Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa. The casino is one of the prime gambling spots for local Iowans and players from nearby states.
Over the years, the casino has added new games and features to its establishment. Today, it boasts over 1,350 gambling machines, 21 tables, a 550-seat bingo hall and a 10-table poker room. The players can also enjoy its hotel, pool and several dining venues.
In 2016, Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel was voted the best casino-resort to vacation in Iowa, and it’s been able to retain that title for the past four years.