Betfred Sports Iowa – Promo Code BETBONUS for $250
Iowa was one of the first states in which Betfred Sports, one of the largest sportsbook operators in the UK, launched both retail and online sportsbooks.
In this Betfred Sports Iowa review, we tell you all you need to know about this recent entrant into the US sports betting marketplace, including how to get signed up with Betfred and claim up to $250 in free bets. Just be sure to sure the Betfred Iowa promo code BETBONUS.
So let’s get going.
Betfred Sports Iowa promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||Betfred Sports IA|
|Betfred Iowa Promo Code||BETBONUS|
|Betfred Iowa Free Bet Offer||Up to $250 in free bets with $50 in qualifying wagers|
|Betfred Iowa T&Cs||Qualifying wagers must have minimum odds of -200|
|Online Since||July 2020 in Iowa|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Betfred Sports Iowa welcome bonus
To get up to $250 in free use the Betfred Iowa promo code BETBONUS when you join Betfred Sportsbook today.
You’ll need to place a qualifying wager of at least $50. This bet needs to have odds of -200 or longer. When that bet settles, Betfred IA will gift you $250 in free bets.
To claim two more $50 free bets you only need to place $1 in cash wagers during each of the next two weeks. Both of those bets also are required to have odds of -200 or longer. Each $50 free bet will be placed into your account the following Monday. At the end of the day you just need to place three bets at Betfred Sportsbook Iowa, totaling $52, to receive $250 in free bets.
Overall, this is one of the best sportsbook welcome bonuses we have seen at online Iowa sportsbooks. Just make sure you are aware of all the fine print, which we outlined so that you can take full advantage of the bonus.
Betfred Sports promotions
When it comes to promotions, Betfred’s sportsbook kicks things off with its $250 in free bets offer. Just make sure to use the Betfred Iowa promo code BETBONUS to be eligible.
Betfred Sports offers daily odds boosts, called Betfred Boosts that will increase the odds for specific bets and prebuilt parlays. Betfred Boosts are not eligible for you to use on parlays, and you cannot modify them.
During the 2020 holiday season, Betfred Sports ran a promotion where users received a free bet worth up to $50 a day for 12 consecutive days. All you had to do to claim the free bet was make a bet each day, and you received a free bet in the amount you wagered.
There is no doubt that Betfred Sports will continue to offer daily odds boosts and various promotions. Make sure you watch your email or check the Betfred Sports promotions page to see the latest offerings from the Iowa sportsbook.
Is Betfred Sports legal in Iowa?
Yes, Betfred Sports received licenses for retail and online sportsbooks from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission, which oversees sports betting in the state.
You must be at least 21 years old and within the state when placing bets. For this reason, you need to have geolocation software enabled on your computer or mobile device when making bets.
According to the law in Iowa, sportsbooks are not allowed to accept bets for non-sports events like the Oscars or Grammys or for esports. Betting on NCAA teams from Iowa is allowed, but prop bets on college players are not permitted.
How to create a Betfred Sports account in Iowa
To create your sports betting account with Betfred Sports, visit their website and follow the steps below:
- Click the button to log in at the top of the page. When the login screen appears, you’ll need to click “Register.”
- Be sure to use our links and enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Betfred Sports app
Betfred Iowa does not currently offer a native app for iOS or Android. However, the site works great in browser whether you are on your mobile device or your computer.
Placing bets at Betfred Sports
Once you open the site and log in by clicking the button in the upper-right corner, you are ready to start making bets.
The bulk of the screen at Betfred Sports shows the games that are on or are about to start. To place a bet, all you need to do is click on what you want to bet on, and it will go into your betting slip.
If you want to make more bets, keep selecting bets until you’re ready, then open your slip called “My Bets.” Now you can decide if you want to make single, parlay or round robin bets. Once you’ve done that, you need to enter a bet amount and click “Place Bet.”
Navigating the site
The easiest way to move around the Betfred Sports app is by using the bars at the top and bottom of the page. There you will see links to go to individual sport pages, as well as to the Betfred Sports promos page and the daily odds boost list.
You can assess your bet slip by clicking the tab on the bottom of the page, and there also is a tab for the most popular bets.
When you click on the person icon in the top-right corner, it will open a window for your Betfred Sports account. Here, you can make deposits or withdrawals in your “Wallet,” see your bonuses, change your settings or log out of your account entirely. This also is where you can set limits under “Responsible Gambling.”
Lastly, if you need to contact Betfred Sports staff, you will need to be on the homepage. At the footer of the page, you’ll find contact information for “Betfred Support.”
Best features of Betfred Sports site
Here are three of our favorite features regarding Betfred Sports Iowa:
- Easy-to-Use Site: There’s no learning curve necessary when it comes to mastering Betfred Sportsbook. The layout is solid, and it works extremely well.
- Quality Odds: While it is highly unlikely that any sportsbook will always have the best odds, it’s safe to say the odds at Betfred Sports are consistently among the most competitive in the industry.
- Customer Service Options: We always like to see when Iowa sportsbooks offer more ways to reach out to customer support departments than phone calls and email. Having a number so you can text someone is great. Although support is not available 24 hours a day, we find Betfred’s help desk hours more than sufficient.
How could Betfred Sports improve?
And now here’s a look at a few areas where we believe Betfred Sports could improve.
- More Promos: Betfred Sports could move up the Iowa sportsbook rankings rapidly by offering more promos, including improving upon its welcome offer for new customers.
- Betfred Loyalty Program: It also would be great to see Betfred Sports begin a customer rewards club of some sort that rewards players for how often and how much they wager.
- More Betting Markets: While the Betfred Sports app has plenty of sports to bet on, and you can bet on all the games for those sports, the number of wagers you can make on most games pales in comparison to sportsbooks like PointsBet, DraftKings and FanDuel. Adding more player prop bets would be a very welcome addition.
- Mobile App: Of course, it would be great to have a Betfred Sports iPhone or Android app. We expect we’ll see these soon enough, though. For now, the mobile browser experience works quite well.
Types of bets available at Betfred Sports
Betfred Sports has a plethora of betting markets, and here are all the types of bets you can make, along with a quick explanation of how each bet works.
- Moneyline: These are bets where all you have to do is pick which team is going to win. As you might expect, you stand to win more money if you pick underdogs as opposed to favorites.
- Spreads: Your bet takes into account an estimated margin of victory. Betfred provides a number, and you decide if you think the favored team will win by more than that amount, or if the underdog will lose by less than that amount or win outright.
- Over/Unders: Here, Betfred Sports provides a number for a statistical category, and you bet on whether the total score during a game will be over or under it. Over/unders usually refer to the total number of points that both teams score during a game but can apply to other stats, too.
- Props: Props are basically side bets, and they have increased in quantity and popularity in recent years. Prop bets can be for how many points, rebounds or assists a player will have in a basketball game, for instance. Remember, props are not allowed on any college players.
- Parlays: These are some of the highest risk/reward bets you will find. For parlays, you combine two or more bets into one, and all your picks — also known as legs — need to be correct for you to win.
- Teasers: Teasers are two or more spread bets where you tease (change) the line for all your selections by the same amount.
- Round Robins: Here, we have bets of three picks or more, and your selections are combined into smaller groups, so you can miss a pick and still get a portion of your money back. Using the Betfred Sports app, all you need to do is make your picks and then select round robin in your bet slip, and it will automatically group them properly.
- Futures: Futures are wagers players make on events like championships, division and conference titles, and players winning season-long awards, such as rookie of the year or MVP.
- Live Betting: Also known as in-game betting, these are bets that you make once a game has started. Live betting odds will change rapidly depending on things such as the score of the game, how much time is remaining and who has possession.
Sports you can bet on at Betfred Sports in Iowa
Betfred Sports has markets for all the major US sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, NHL and UFC. You also can bet on college basketball and college football. And don’t forget that in Iowa you can bet on NCAA teams from the Hawkeye State.
Using the Betfred Sports app, you also can bet on golf (PGA Tour), tennis (WTA and ATP), auto racing (IndyCar and NASCAR) and soccer (MLS, Champions League, English Premier League).
Betfred Sports also has betting markets for other sports like boxing and table tennis, so if you’re interested in any smaller sports, be sure to check the app for all your options.
Iowa sports team betting guide
While Iowa doesn’t have any teams in any of the major North American sports leagues, the state still has college teams and teams from the wider region that generate local interest in Iowa.
- College Football and Basketball: There are four Division I schools from the Hawkeye State that you can bet on for NCAA basketball and football. They are the Iowa State Cyclones, Iowa Hawkeyes, Northern Iowa Panthers and Drake Bulldogs.
- MLB: For Major League Baseball, we have six teams in neighboring states, with three each in the American and National League. In the NL are the St. Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs. While in the AL, you have the Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals.
- NHL: Hockey fans may root for the Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild or St. Louis Blues.
- NBA: While for the basketball lovers out there, we have the Minnesota Timberwolves, Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks, home to two-time NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- NFL: And the NFL has four teams close by, with three of them in the NFC North. Those teams are the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears. And in the AFC West, you have the Kansas City Chiefs, led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
Betfred Sports Iowa futures market
Futures betting can be a fun way to bet on sports and a profitable one, too, if you’re able to identify a long shot to win the title before the season starts.
At Betfred Sports, you can bet on teams to win the championship for some of the top leagues like the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, WNBA, and college football and basketball. Usually, odds for all the leagues will be posted shortly after the previous season finishes, but at the latest they should be up before the beginning of the season.
The Betfred Sports app also has futures markets for player awards. For example, you can bet on who will win the NFL regular season MVP or who will win the Conn Smythe Trophy, which is awarded to the MVP of the NHL’s Stanley Cup playoffs.
Betfred Sports even has markets for which teams will win their divisions and conferences. And for men’s college basketball, you can bet on teams you think will make it to the Final Four at the end of March Madness.
Banking options at Betfred Sports
Currently, Betfred Sports does not have a lot of options when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money in Iowa. However, you do have a few options:
- Cash at the retail cage at Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort in Larchwood.
When it comes time to collect your winnings and withdraw money from your Betfred Sports account, your choices are the same.
Once again, you can head to Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort to pull money out of your account. Just make sure you know your Betfred Sports account passwords and security questions and have property identification before going to Grand Falls.
How to contact Betfred customer support
Betfred offers three ways to reach its customer support department. You can call (947-333-9991), text (515-293-4693) or email ([email protected]). The sportsbook will have representatives on hand to help from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays and from 9 a.m. to midnight, Fridays through Sundays.
Somewhat surprisingly, Betfred does not have an FAQ page on its website or app to help you find solutions on your own, though it may add one going forward.
Responsible gambling at Betfred Sports
If you are new to online sports betting, you might not be aware that you can set various limits and restrictions on your account.
You can limit the amount of time or money you can spend at Betfred Sports. You also have the option to completely restrict yourself from Betfred Sports if you believe that is what’s best for you.
Betfred also provides numbers to call if you or someone close to you needs help with a gambling addiction.
Where is the Betfred Sports retail sportsbook?
Betfred’s retail sportsbook in Iowa is at Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort. It opened in January 2020, almost six months before the Betfred sportsbook debuted in the state.
The Betfred retail sportsbook covers over 3,500 square feet and includes a video wall with 32 TVs, four of which are 86 inches. There also are five high-top tables as well as chairs, recliners and VIP booths. The Sportsbook Bar & Grill serves burgers, wings and Neapolitan-style pizza and has local beers on tap.
- Address: 1415 Grand Falls Blvd., Larchwood, IA
- Phone: 833-921-1997
- Website: www.grandfallscasinoresort.com/betfredsports.html
- Amenities: Bar and grill with food and drink. Video wall with 32 TVs.
- Betting: Betting windows and self-service betting kiosks.
- Hours: 10 a.m.-midnight Mondays-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-2 a.m. Fridays, 8 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-midnight Sunday.
- Opened: January 2020
Is Betfred Sports the best sportsbook in Iowa?
No, we can’t say it is. Betfred Sports is a solid sportsbook offering, but at the moment, we don’t believe it is better than either FanDuel or DraftKings IA, which we consider to be the cream of the sports betting crop in the state.
There’s nothing wrong with Betfred Sports. It simply is a matter of those other two being slightly better. Both offer more promotions, and they each have more betting markets for most sporting events. But we’ll be watching closely to see if Betfred Sports closes the gap.
Betfred Sports FAQs
Use the Betfred code BETBONUS when you open a new Betfred Iowa account to claim a max of $250 in free bets. Scroll up to the Betfred welcome bonus section for the complete terms and conditions.
Yes, not only is Betfred one of the top oddsmakers in Europe, but it received a sports betting license from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission, making it completely legal and legit. You can contact the IRGC to file any complaints by calling 515-281-7352 or emailing [email protected]
Yes, you can bet on NCAA sports at Betfred Sports, including games involving Iowa college teams and games taking place in Iowa. Prop bets on college players are not allowed.
You must be 21 years or older to bet on sports at any sportsbook in Iowa. You also need to be physically in the Hawkeye State when placing bets. In order to bet on your mobile phone using Betfred, you will need to download geolocation software such as GeoComply.
Betfred provides fewer promotional offers as you will find on the DraftKings app. DraftKings also has more betting markets for most games, usually with more prop betting options.
Betfred does not currently have a native app in Iowa. Betfred has a dedicated website for its online sportsbook in Iowa that you can use to place all your bets at home or on your mobile phone. You will need to download a geolocation app for mobile betting.
Kind of. You can manage your account and check lines from anywhere, but you only can place bets in states where Betfred is legal. It’s available in Iowa and Colorado, Nevada and Pennsylvania.