BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus Code And Review
BetRivers Sportsbook has a new welcome bonus for new users in January 2023. Start by entering the BetRivers Iowa affiliate code PLAYRIV when you join BetRivers. When you do, you’ll get a second chance bet sign-up bonus worth as much as $500.
Continue reading our BetRivers online sportsbook review to learn about the BetRivers Sportsbook app, the betting options, banking choices, and much more. First things first, let’s tackle that BetRivers Iowa welcome bonus.
BetRivers Sportsbook bonus: Up to a $500 value
New BetRivers bettors in Iowa can claim a welcome bonus worth up to $500. Just be sure to enter the BetRivers Iowa affiliate code PLAYRIV when signing up to be eligible.
BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus Code 2023
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|BetRivers Iowa Affilate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign-Up Bonus||Second chance bet of up to $500|
|Last Updated||January 2023|
How the BetRivers Sportsbook second chance bet bonus works
Let’s go over precisely how the BetRivers welcome bonus for January 2023 works.
- Begin by registering a new account with BetRivers Sportsbook Iowa.
- Enter the BetRivers code PLAYRIV at this time.
- Make your initial deposit of $10 or more.
- Enter the BetRivers deposit code SPORTS at this time.
- Place your first bet.
- If it wins, nothing changes.
- If it loses, you’ll be awarded a free bet equal to the amount of your losing wager, max of $500.
- You get 30 days to use that free bet before it expires.
It’s as simple as that.
Regular promotions on the Bet Rivers sports betting app
Apart from the welcome bonus, Bet Rivers offers you plenty of other promotions throughout the year. At other sportsbooks, you may see a lot of offers promoting free bets; however, BetRivers tends to promote profit boosts.
For example, every Sunday during the 2020 NFL season, BetRivers Sportsbook gave users one free 50% profit boost. The maximum wager for this particular offer was $50, and the maximum additional profit was $250. When you consider there were 17 weeks to use this offer, that adds up to a potential $4,250 of extra winnings.
Obviously, BetRivers is not always able to offer 50% profit boosts, but 25% boosts are fairly common, as well. While some of the offers are for specific sports, BetRivers also offers you profit boosts that you can use on any bet. Most, if not all the profit boosts are capped at winnings of $250.
BetRivers is part of the iRush Rewards program, which allows you to earn points based on how much you bet. You can redeem points for bonus money you can use at BetRivers Casinos or sportsbooks affiliated with iRush Rewards.
Is BetRivers legal in Iowa?
Yes, the BetRivers online sportsbook is legal in the Hawkeye State. When Senate File 617 was signed by Gov. Kim Reynolds in May 2019, and Iowa sports betting became legal.
The sports wagering bill permits most wagering, including betting on Iowa college games; however, you cannot place prop bets on any college athletes.
How to create a BetRivers account in Iowa
You can register for a Bet Rivers online sports betting account through the BetRivers app for Apple and Android devices or on the BetRivers website. Whether you’re on the app or website, start by clicking the “Join Now” button at the top-right corner of the screen.
You will enter your email address and create a screen name and password. Here is where you will enter your BetRivers Iowa promo code PLAYRIV. On the following page, you’ll enter your first and last name, your home address, your date of birth and your gender.
On the final sign-up page, you will create two security questions, enter your phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number. You can also choose whether you want to use two-factor authentication.
BetRivers Sportsbook app in Iowa
You can place bets online using either the BetRivers sports betting app or website. We are referencing the app in this section, but you can do everything online that you can do on the app, although a few things might be in different locations.
How to download the BetRivers Sportsbook app
To get started, follow our provided links to head to the BetRivers page and download the app for Apple or Android.
Once you have selected the app for your device, you’ll enter OK when asked if you want to download the selected app. After it has finished downloading, you’ll select it again and answer OK to install the app on your mobile phone or tablet.
Once it completes the installation process, you can either register or log in to your BetRivers online sportsbook account.
Navigating the BetRivers app
Now it’s time to start getting comfortable with BetRivers. Below is a look at some of the most used and important areas of the BetRivers app.
- Homepage: The BetRivers homepage is one of the more sparse ones we’ve come across, and we think that’s a good thing. Especially if you’re using a smartphone, having too much going on can be overwhelming on such a small screen. But at BetRivers, there are only three main things on the main page. Across the top are links to your account and the BetRivers cashier, along with a listing for the most popular events and a search bar. At the bottom are tabs for the BetRivers promo page, your iRush Rewards page, customer support and your bet slip. The events you can bet on are in the middle of the screen.
- Bet Slip: You’ll find your bet slip in the lower right corner of the screen. When you add bets, you will see a small number that indicates how many bets you currently have in your slip. If you have more than one wager, you can choose to make either single bets or a parlay or round robin. In order to remove bets from your slip, click the “X” next to the wager you don’t want.
- Promotions Page: Here is a list of all the current promotions at the Iowa sportsbook. When you click on individual offers, it will bring up a new page that details how each promo works and how to qualify for it. Be sure to look at these to understand how each promotion works.
- Account: Under the account tab, you will be able to see your loyalty status at BetRivers, see what promotions you have going, check your betting history, view your profile, go to the iRush Rewards store or sign out of your account.
Best features of the Rivers online sports betting app
Here’s our look at three of the areas in which BetRivers Sportsbook is hitting a home run:
- Rewards Program: Being part of the iRush Rewards program is the best part of the BetRivers online sportsbook. With a loyalty program like iRush, you can earn points with every sports bet you make, and thus you can get more comps and rewards along the way.
- Different Promotions: So many sportsbooks only offer free bet promos — and there’s nothing wrong with that — but all that does is force us to make another bet. Then, if it loses, we didn’t end up with anything. That’s why we like BetRivers’ promos where it offers profit boosts. With profit boosts, you’re getting more money for your winning bets.
- IRush Bonus Store: Rewards programs are always nice, but having different rewards and allowing players to choose what they want is what makes the bonus store at BetRivers so great. Now you’re able to decide how and when you want to redeem your iRush Rewards points. You could decide you want free bets or maybe you’d rather have profit boosts that you can choose when to use.
How could BetRivers Sportsbook improve?
Here are three areas where we think BetRivers could do better:
- Slow App: In this day and age, having to wait for a few seconds while an app page loads can feel like an eternity. At times, that’s what it feels like when clicking from one page to another on the BetRivers app. We’re not talking about humungous lag times, but BetRivers feels slower than other sportsbooks.
- Annoying Newsfeed on Website: A lot of sportsbook apps and websites have scrolling marquees that can be annoying. Typically, you can pause or scroll past them. However, that’s not the case when it comes to the newsfeed on the BetRivers website. It incessantly scrolls with mentions of how much other users have won. Obviously, it’s meant to show you how much you can win and allow winners a chance to brag, but we found it to be a distraction.
- More Customer Service Choices: We haven’t run into any issues with BetRivers where we needed to contact customer support, but we worry that if we did and it was an emergency, we might not be able to reach someone quickly. Representatives are available between 8:30 a.m. and 1 a.m., but only via the live chat feature. We would like to see BetRivers add a phone number to call or text.
Types of sports bets on BetRivers
Here is a quick explanations of the most common types of sports wagers:
- Moneyline Bets: These are bets on which team is going to win, plain and simple. The odds let you know what you will win with a correct wager.
Example: Milwaukee Bucks -200 vs. Minnesota Timberwolves +180. This means it would take a $200 bet on the Bucks in order to win $100 in profit back. While a $100 bet on the underdog T-wolves would win you $180.
- Spreads: These are bets in which your selection needs to cover the spread — an estimated margin of victory that the sportsbook sets — in order for you to win.
Example: Kansas City Chiefs -7.5 vs. Minnesota Vikings +7.5. For a bet on the Chiefs to win, they need to win by eight points or more. Whereas for a bet on the Vikings to win, all they have to do is lose by fewer than seven points or win outright.
- Totals: These are bets in which you’re picking whether the total number of points (or runs or goals, etc.) will be below or above the number listed at BetRivers.
Example: Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs, over/under 7.5. You are betting on whether the combined runs scored between the Cubs and Cardinals will be higher or lower than 7.5. So if the final score is 4-2, the bets on the under would win.
- Props: These are side bets in which you are basically wagering on whether something will happen in a given game.
Example: Will Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers have more than 309.5 passing yards vs. the Chicago Bears?
- Parlays: These are multiple bets combined into one single wager. Get all your picks right to win; miss just one and you lose.
Example: You bet on the Packers moneyline, the Vikings to cover the spread and the over to hit in the Bears-Chiefs game. If any one of your three picks is wrong, your entire parlay loses, but get all three right and you win.
- Teasers: Teasers are mainly used for basketball and football games. They involve changing the spread in your favor for two or more bets.
Example: You bet on the Bucks (-7.5), Timberwolves (+5.5) and Chicago Bulls (+1.5) to all cover the spread, but you add a four-point teaser. The spreads for your picks all increase by four points, so the new lines are: Bucks (-3.5), Timberwolves (+9.5) and Bulls (+5.5).
- Round Robins: Round robins mix and match multiple picks you’ve made, but always leave at least one out, thus allowing you to get a pick wrong and still win some money.
Example: In a three-team round robin, you bet on the Bucks, Timberwolves and Bulls to win. Your picks would be combined into three two-game parlays, so you would have bets on the Bucks-Timberwolves, Bucks-Bulls and Bulls-Timberwolves. If the Bucks lose, your Bulls-Timberwolves bet still would win.
- Futures: These are long-term bets that oftentimes involve betting on teams to win championships or on players to win awards or lead their leagues in statistical categories.
Example: You bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes to win the men’s NCAA basketball championship. Or you could bet on Kansas City QB Patrick Mahomes to lead the NFL in regular season passing yards.
- Live Bets: These are wagers that are made after the game has started. They can be on who will win, what’ll happen on the next drive or possession of a game and a whole bunch more.
Example: The Bears are trailing 14-3 after the first quarter, but you bet on them to rally and win. Chances are the odds in this situation would pay you off nicely if Chicago does manage to come away with the win.
Sports you can bet on at BetRivers in Iowa
BetRivers has an array of sports available for betting, including:
- Golf, including the PGA Tour
- Motorsports, including NASCAR, Formula 1 and IndyCar
If all of that is not enough, there are a handful of fringe sports you can bet on, too.
Iowa sports betting guide
We don’t have to remind Iowans that the state doesn’t have any pro teams. However, it still has four Division 1 college schools we can bet on at BetRivers, and on top of that, there are 16 major league teams in neighboring states.
In the college ranks, we have Iowa and Iowa State, which play in the Football Bowl Subdivision, while Northern Iowa and Drake play in the Football Championship Subdivision. You can bet on all four schools at BetRivers Sportsbook. You also can bet on the Hawkeyes, Cyclones, Panthers and Bulldogs when it’s men’s college basketball season.
During the NFL season, the regional teams we can pick from are the Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears.
If the NBA is your preferred league, you’ve got three squads: Minnesota Timberwolves, Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks.
Midwest baseball fans celebrate the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals.
And last, but not least, if you’re wild about the NHL, the Minnesota Wild, St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks all call neighboring states home.
BetRivers futures market
Now let’s take a look at what the futures markets look like on BetRivers.
The markets for men’s college basketball are fairly extensive. You can bet on eventual conference winners for 10 conferences. And when it comes to postseason play, there are markets for which teams will reach the Final Four and which team will win March Madness.
The college football futures markets are a bit less than those of men’s college basketball. You can wager on who will win each of the Power 5 conferences, and you also can bet on the winner of the college football playoffs.
First, let’s look at the NFL.
On the BetRivers app, you can wager on which team will win the Super Bowl, the AFC and NFC and each division in the league. There also are markets for whether teams will make the playoffs, and over/unders for their regular-season win totals. For players, you can bet on who will be named MVP of the league and who will lead the league in passing, rushing and receiving yards.
For the NBA, the Iowa sportsbook has odds for conference winners as well as for which team will win the NBA Finals. For players, you can wager on the winner of the MVP and rookie of the year awards.
In the NHL, you have two futures markets. You can bet on which team will claim the Stanley Cup, and you can bet on which player will win the Hart Memorial Trophy.
For the MLB, BetRivers has futures for the winners of the NL and AL pennants and who will win the World Series.
Banking options at BetRivers Sportsbook
In order to bet with BetRivers, you need to have money in your online sports betting account. Let’s first take a look at how to deposit and withdraw funds.
You can fund your account by doing an online bank transfer. You also can use an e-check; Visa, Discover or Mastercard debit cards; your PayPal account; a BetRivers Play+ prepaid card; or by going to a PayNearMe location such as a 7-Eleven.
Ideally, you’ll win money and then you’ll need to make a withdrawal. You have four options for how to get your money: You can receive it via e-check, PayPal, Play+ prepaid credit card or as a check in the mail.
BetRivers customer support
If you go to the help page, you will find several articles with answers to the most common questions for BetRivers Sportsbook users. The articles are sorted into categories, though you can find information quicker with the search bar.
If you need to reach a real person, you have two options. You can send a message via a form on the app and website. Or you can use the live chat option; BetRivers’ representatives are available from 8:30 a.m. and 1 a.m.
Responsible gambling at BetRivers
On the”Responsible Gambling” page, you can set time, wagering and deposit limits for your account. You also can suspend yourself from BetRivers play for a period of time. Lastly, another section allows you to exclude yourself from the Iowa sportsbook for a period of one or three years.
It is important to remember to always gamble with your head and not over it.
Where is the BetRivers retail sportsbook?
BetRivers partnered with Wild Rose Casinos to launch the BetRivers online sportsbook. However, the three Wild Rose locations are partners with DraftKings, which runs both the retail and online sportsbooks for Wild Rose Entertainment.
The retail sportsbooks are DraftKings properties. BetRivers users can go to all three locations through the end of 2020 to sign up for an online BetRivers account. Starting in 2021, you will be able to complete your entire BetRivers registration online.
Wild Rose Clinton
- Address: 777 Wild Rose Drive, Clinton
- Phone Number: 563-243-9000
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursdays; 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays; 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Sundays.
Wild Rose Jefferson
- Address: 777 Wild Rose Drive, Jefferson
- Phone Number: 515-386-7777
- Hours: 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursdays-Sundays.
Wild Rose Emmetsburg
- Address: 777 Main St., Emmetsburg
- Phone Number: 712-852-3400
- Hours: 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursdays-Mondays.
Is BetRivers the best sportsbook in Iowa?
We do not consider BetRivers to be the best sportsbook in the Hawkeye State.
BetRivers still is a quality sportsbook, and it wouldn’t take much to get into the conversation with those other books. Really, it’s a matter of offering slightly more promotions and making them a little better. With the backing of Rush Street Interactive, BetRivers has the support to make that happen.
BetRivers Sportsbook Iowa FAQ
Enter the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV when you sign up at BetRivers in Iowa. The online sportsbook will award you a second chance bet worth as much as $500.
You don’t need to, no. The BetRivers website works on both desktop and mobile browsers. However, if you think you’ll be betting on your phone, you may want to give the app a try as it makes things easier.
Yes, you can bet on college teams from in the state — including the Hawkeyes and Cyclones — and outside of it. Note, however, that Iowa does not allow prop bets on individual college athletes.
You can’t. Geolocation settings use more than your IP address to confirm your location. In addition, BetRivers must be able to confirm that you are in Iowa, or it won’t allow you to bet.
Yes, you must report wins of more than $600 in a year in Iowa, and you must report all wins on your federal taxes. The sportsbook will automatically withhold 24% for federal and 5% for state taxes.
Yes, you can write off your losses but only against any winnings. Report all losses alongside all wins, and maintain records of both in case you’re subject to an audit at the end of the tax year. Also, we recommend consulting a tax professional if you have any questions or concerns.