Harrah’s Casino Council Bluffs
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino, a casino along the Iowa state line, sees visitors from Iowa and Nebraska.
Harrah’s gambling space covers 25,000 square feet, and the property boasts 500+ slots and 40+ table games. Its Caesars retail sportsbook opened on Aug. 2, 2021. Harrah’s Council Bluffs features a 251-room hotel, in addition to various amenities.
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino
- Address: 1 Harrah’s Blvd., Council Bluffs, IA 51501
- Owner and Operator: VICI Properties/Caesars Entertainment
- Hours: 24/7
- Casino Games: More than 500 slot machines and more than 40 table games
- Sportsbook: Yes, online and retail
- Poker Room: No
Harrah’s Online Gambling Partnerships
Since Caesars Entertainment operates Harrah’s, the casino can reap the benefits of the company’s partnership with the Caesars Sportsbook.
Harrah’s online casino
Even though sports betting is legal in Iowa, online casinos haven’t been legalized in the Hawkeye State. However, Caesars does feature several social online casinos, such as Slotomania, Caesars Casino, House of Fun, Bingo Blitz, Vegas Words and WSOP. All of them are available via Facebook or apps for Android and iOS devices.
Casino at Harrah’s Council Bluffs
The gambling floor takes 25,000 square feet and features more than 500 slot machines and 40-plus table games.
The casino offers both traditional and state-of-the-art video slots. All slots feature Total Touch service, meaning you can order a drink by pressing a dedicated button.
Some of the games you’ll find in Harrah’s are Timberwolf, Kronos, Zorro — Mighty Cash, Jackpot Party Progressive, Panda Magic, Crystal Star, Dragon Link, Buffalo Gold and plenty of others. There are also plenty of themed slots based on popular movies, celebrities and TV shows.
Harrah’s Casino Council Bluffs also offers a fair share of table and card games. Here’s a list of games you’ll find on the floor:
- Blackjack: Apart from the standard offer, visitors can also enjoy Down Under Blackjack.
- Craps: The most popular dice game in casinos.
- High Card Flush: Suits-based card game with elements of poker.
- Cajun Stud: Another variation of poker adjusted to casino tables.
- Emperor’s Challenge: A game with elements of poker and pai gow.
- Roulette: Visitors will have a chance to play the American version of roulette.
- Three Card Poker: Another poker variation played against the dealer.
Caesars Rewards program
Harrah’s Council Bluffs is part of the Caesars Rewards program, a kind of loyalty club active in more than 50 properties operated by Caesars. Rewards await all the members of the club. The benefits you’ll get depend on your current tier. There are six tiers:
- Gold — 0+ Tier Credits
- Platinum — 4,000+ Tier Credits
- Diamond — 12,000+ Tier Credits
- Diamond Plus — 20,000+ Tier Credits
- Diamond Elite — 60,000+ Tier Credits
- Seven Stars — 125,000+ Tier Credits
Needless to say, as you progress through levels, the number and quality of your benefits will increase. You’ll have a chance to get plenty of hotel, dining, shopping and entertainment perks.
Moreover, loyalty members who reach higher tiers can get certain exclusive access benefits, such as access to the VIP Laurel Lounge, VIP Reservations Hotline, airfare credit, complimentary valets, signature event invitations and much more. The list of all benefits is quite lengthy, so make sure to check out the Caesars’ Rewards program to learn more.
You can earn tier points by playing casino games or using any services offered at Harrah’s Council Bluffs or other participating Caesars properties. There’s also a detailed system for earning rewards credits, which you can later redeem for all kinds of benefits and prizes. Please note that rewards credits are not the same as tier points, as those are only for progressing through tiers.
You can earn rewards credits when wagering on casino games.
- Slots: Earn 1 reward credit for every $5.
- Video Poker: Earn 1 reward credit for every $10.
- Bingo: Earn 1 reward credit for every $10.
- Live Keno: Earn 1 reward credit for every $3.
- Table Games: The amount of reward credit you can win mainly depends on the type of table game you’re playing, your average bet and average session length.
You can also earn rewards credits when using entertainment options:
- Hotel: Earn one reward credit for every $1 spent at the hotel.
- Dining: Earn one reward credit for every $1 spent on participating dining options.
- Shopping: Earn one reward credit for every $1 spent at associated retail outlets.
- Amenities: Earn one reward credit for every $1 spent on amenities such as the pool, spa, golf and more.
- Meetings and Events: Hold meetings and events at Harrah’s (and other Caesars properties) and earn rewards credits.
You can redeem rewards credits for various benefits, including casino game credit, official WSOP events, dining, live event tickers, sports events, shopping and more.
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Sportsbook
The sportsbook at Harrah’s Council Bluffs attracts sports-lovers from the neighboring state.
The retail Caesars Sportsbook offers 55-inch HD TVs and two self-service kiosks. Self-service kiosks at the property are open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. On Fridays and Saturdays, they are available from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sundays are the only day you can use the kiosks earlier, as they are open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Caesars online sportsbook
Since online sports wagering is legal in Iowa, you can bet on sports wherever you are as long as you’re within the state’s borders. To start betting online, you need to download the Caesars app and create an account. Caesars Entertainment was the first company to introduce mobile sports betting in Iowa. With years of experience, the operator offers an array of sports to its customers. Some of them are:
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Amenities
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Hotel
The hotel offers the following rooms and suites:
- Deluxe Room: This room type comes with one king or two queen beds. In addition, deluxe rooms offer a great view of the Westwood Golf Course and include various features, such as TV, iron, hairdryer and coffee maker.
- Premium Room: This room type comes with one king or two queen beds. The premium rooms are close to the casino and are great for those who visit Harrah’s to play games.
Some of the rooms allow pets, and many also allow indoor smoking. The hotel also offers an executive suite that features a breathtaking view through large windows, a king mattress and an array of other options, including a big LED flat screen.
Other amenities that hotel guests can access are free parking, free shuttle and taxi services, a business center, a fitness center with a gym and a golf course. Of course, there are several dining options and bars, too. All guests are welcome to visit the casino and the sportsbook at Harrah’s Council Bluffs.
The hotel is labeled “mid-range,” which means it’s not for those looking for budget-friendly accommodation. However, it’s also not intended for VIP guests only, as it’s a three-star hotel.
The official website currently lists three active dining options: 360 Steakhouse, Stir Cove Backstage Grill and Fresh Market Square Buffet.
- 360 Steakhouse: Located on the 12th floor, 360 Steakhouse offers a beautiful view of Omaha and the Missouri River. This place was included in Open Table’s list of top 100 scenic restaurants in the US, which is why it is a must-visit if you’re into fine dining. The menu revolves around steak and seafood. On top of that, the restaurant offers plenty of house specialties and a collection of signature martinis and homemade desserts. There are three menus: dinner, wine and dessert, and all of them feature top-rated dishes. The restaurant is open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Stir Cover Backstage Grill: Open seven days a week, this casual dining restaurant offers a wide range of grill options, as well as pizza, salads, munchies, beer and wine. If you’re a Platinum, Diamond or Seven Stars member, you can get a 10% discount.
- Fresh Market Square Buffet: Featuring dishes from all around the globe, Fresh Market Square Buffet is a great choice for everyone looking for a high-quality brunch, lunch or dinner. There are also daily specials, including seafood every Friday and prime rib every Saturday.
Harrah’s Council Bluffs golf club
The golf club makes Harrah’s stand out from the pack. All guests who stay at Harrah’s will have an opportunity to play golf at Dodge Park. It’s an affordable golf course where you can start hitting the links as soon as you check in.
Harrah’s has made sure to offer high-quality nightlife options to its visitors. There are two lounges for late-evening entertainment — Laurel Lounge and Tag Lounge.
- Laurel Lounge at Harrah’s Council Bluffs: Laurel Lounge is reserved for VIP members only, offering a high-quality experience to Diamond and Seven Stars members with at least 25,000 tier credits. If you’re interested in visiting the lounge, you’ll have to contact the lounge coordinator first, as the seating is limited.
- Harrah’s Council Bluffs Tag Lounge: The Tag Lounge & Bar offers 16 electronic games and a video wall consisting of 55-inch TVs. Visitors can order plenty of unique drinks and choose from an extensive selection of craft beers. Some of the interactive games you’ll be able to play in the Tag Lounge are craps, blackjack and interactive roulette. There’s also a decent selection of video poker titles.
Stir Cove concert and event venue
Harrah’s Council Bluffs Hotel & Casino also features an outdoor concert and event venue called Stir Cove. It hosts musicians and other performers from all corners of the US. The venue features several bars and a food stand.
The biggest part of the venue is for general admission (standing-room-only), but balcony or loge seating is also available for some events.
See All Casinos and Sportsbooks in Iowa
- Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
- Diamond Jo Casino Dubuque
- Diamond Jo Worth Casino: Sportsbook And Poker Room
- Grand Falls Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Casino Sioux City: Hotel And Sportsbook
- Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs: Poker Room And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo And Sportsbook
- Lakeside Hotel Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Prairie Meadows Casino: Poker, Racetrack And Sportsbook
- Rhythm City Casino Resort And Sportsbook
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort: Slots, Poker An Sportsbook
- Wild Rose Casino Clinton
- Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Harrah’s Council Bluffs History
Harrah’s officially opened on Jan. 1, 1996. It was initially named Harvey’s, and it featured a three-story riverboat casino. After Harrah’s acquired Harvey’s, the property changed its name. Harrah’s itself was acquired by Caesars Entertainment, and that’s how the property ended up being operated by the biggest casino company in the US.
Iowa allowed all riverboat casinos to move onshore in 2007, so Harrah’s operators started the transitioning process since keeping the riverboat casino cost them $400,000 annually. Most of the funds went to dredging around the boat to keep it afloat.
In 2013, Harrah’s officially said goodbye to the riverboat. This was for the best, as the riverboat was quite difficult to maintain. Furthermore, it posed a serious challenge to the customers, who had to go over a 300-foot ramp to enter.
The operations were moved to a 25,000-foot convention center, and the convention-related operations were moved to Horseshoe at the Mid-America Center.