A staple of European gambling, Unibet Sportsbook is now aiming to be a big part of the Iowa sports betting scene as well.
Sign up to Unibet Sportsbook Iowa today with Unibet promo code BETBONUS and receive a bonus bet worth up to $100.
In our Unibet Iowa review, we include all the info you need to create a Unibet account. We share the best features of the Unibet Sportsbook app and the welcome bonus.
If you want to learn more about one of the latest online sportsbooks in the Hawkeye State, you’ve come to the right place.
Unibet Iowa welcome bonus is a $100 bonus bet
Unibet Sportsbook in IA has a bonus offer to encourage you to check out the site. It’s pretty straightforward. Start by joining Unibet Iowa and entering the Unibet promo code BETBONUS.
Unibet makes your first wager on the site a bonus bet, worth up to $100. It does require you to make at least a $10 deposit into your Unibet account. Once you have made that deposit, your initial bet will be refunded if it loses, to a maximum of $100. If your first bet is a winner, then nothing changes.
If you’re wondering what Unibet bonus code or promo code you need, we’ve got you covered there as well. Use Unibet Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS to activate the offer.
Unibet Sportsbook Iowa promotions
One of Unibet’s top offers is a weekly parlay boost. Each week, you can increase one three-leg parlay by 10%, a four-leg parlay by 20% and one with five legs by 30%. The best part is that your increased winnings are all in cash. The only stipulation is that each leg of your bet must have odds of -500 or greater.
Unibet also offers a PigSkin Parlay Super Boost that boosts an eight-leg football parlay by 50%. Once again, all legs need to have odds of -500 or greater, and the max wager for this promotion is $50.
Another favorite Unibet promo is its Beat the Spread offer. For this one, the sportsbook selects a game, and when you bet at least $25 on the spread, you receive a $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by. If you’re familiar with PointsBet Sportsbook, this offer works just like PointsBetting expect, if your team loses, you don’t lose excess money.
Is Unibet legal in Iowa?
Yes, Unibet is legal in Iowa.
Sports betting was legalized in the state after the Iowa Legislature passed Senate File 617 in May 2019. Retail and online sportsbooks began opening in August 2019.
Unibet is partners with Caesars Entertainment and Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino in Iowa.
How to create a Unibet account in Iowa
Creating your Unibet online account in Iowa is a breeze. Let us walk you through the steps:
- When you have the Unibet app installed on your device, you’ll open it and click the “Join Now” button.
- You’ll then need to share some identifying details. First, you’ll need to enter your email address and create a password. Then you’ll need to enter your name, gender and birth date. Lastly, Unibet requires your address, phone number and that you to pick two security questions.
- All that remains is clicking a couple of boxes to acknowledge that you are 21 years or older and all the info you have supplied is accurate. There also is a box you can uncheck to opt-out of receiving promotional offers from Unibet.
- Once you have filled out all that info, click the “Join” button and it will bring up a box that asks for the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Remember to enter the Unibet Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS to receive the bonus bet welcome bonus worth up to $100.
From there, another screen will appear with three questions specific to you to help confirm your identity. If you are not able to answer the questions correctly, you will need to supply a photo ID.
Unibet Sportsbook app in Iowa – $100 sign-up bonus
First things first, before talking about the Unibet Sportsbook app, let’s make sure you have the app on your Android or iOS tablet or phone.
How to download the Unibet Sportsbook app
Follow our links to the Unibet page, then follow the prompts to download the app onto your mobile device. Now let’s take a look at how the app looks and functions.
Navigating the Unibet app
The Unibet app is more than a sportsbook; it’s also an online casino (not available in Iowa). When you open the app, it should take you directly to the sportsbook. If not, click the “Sports” links.
If you’re familiar with other online sportsbooks, you might be surprised by its simple layout. Absent are scrolling marquees with promos and other offers. Instead, it’s just sports lines and odds.
As you scroll through you’ll see live games first, followed by popular sports and then an A-Z sports listing at the bottom.
To navigate the app, you’ll click the second set of three lines below the Unibet logo in the upper-left corner of the screen. From there, you select the sports you want to bet on.
The bet slip at Unibet is standard fare, similar to what you would find at any sportsbook app in Iowa. When you add more picks to your slip, they can combine into a parlay wager or you can choose to place them as single bets. To remove picks from your bet slip, all you have to do is click on the “X.”
Overall, the Unibet Sportsbook app is a refreshing change from most other online sportsbooks due to its minimalistic nature. There’s nothing that it lacks compared to other books in the state, but it doesn’t overwhelm with various offers and promotions.
Best features of the Unibet Sportsbook app
Let’s look at some of the best overall features of Unibet Sportsbook:
- Simple Layout: We must admit it’s a welcome sight to log in to an online sportsbook and not be greeted with loads of ads and promotion.
- Distinctive Promos: The Iowa sportsbook has promos that are distinct from what you will find at other competitors. Instead of receiving bonus bets and refunds on lost bets, you can gain increased winnings from the majority of Unibet’s promotions.
- Customer Support: Let’s hope that you never have to use the Unibet help desk, but at least if you do, you’ll know there are plenty of ways to get assistance. At Unibet you can call, chat or email seven days a week between the hours of 9 a.m. and midnight. And in addition to all that, you also have the ability to check out the help center and potentially find an answer to your problem on your own.
How could Unibet Sportsbook improve?
Here’s a look at a few areas we’d love to see Unibet improve on going forward.
- Loyalty Program: The first change we’d like to see is also the most important one in our opinion. Set up some type of loyalty program that incentivizes players to do their sports betting at Unibet. There’s no question that carving out a name for itself in a competitive Iowa sports betting scene will be challenging, but it would become less so if Unibet rewarded its users for the bets they place.
- Easy-To-Use App: While we like the fact that Unibet’s app isn’t overloaded with promos and offers, we’re not big fans of how difficult it can be to navigate. We’d like to see permanent links to the homepage as well as for your bet slip and your account to always display on the Unibet Sportsbook app.
- Add Single-Game Parlays: More and more Iowa sportsbooks have added single-game parlays, and it would be awesome if Unibet were to join the crowd. With SGPs, players are able to place parlays on just one game, oftentimes combining things like the total, spread, moneyline and prop bets from a single game. We enjoy them and think a lot of bettors who have favorite teams do as well, since it allows you to place a parlay bet without having to do research on multiple games.
Types of bets available on Unibet Iowa sportsbook
Here are the various bet types you can expect to find on Unibet, along with examples of how they work.
- Moneyline: In moneyline bets, you are betting on who will win a given contest outright. The numbers next to the teams indicate how much profit a wager on each team stands to win.
Example: Chicago Bears -152 vs. Minnesota Vikings +125. Here, the Bears are favored and you would need to risk $152 to win $100. The Vikings are the underdogs and thus, a $100 wager would net you $125 if you win.
- Spreads: For a point spread bet, you need your selection to cover the spread, also known as the line.
Example: Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 vs. Green Bay Packers +3.5. The Chiefs are the favorites and must win by four points or more. Since the Packers are the underdogs, all they need to do is lose by three points or fewer, or win the game outright, and your wager on them will win.
- Totals: You are betting on if the total runs/goals/points for both teams in a game will be above or below a given number. Totals are also referred to as over/unders.
Example: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks, over/under 220.5. So if the final score is 115-110, bets on the over would win because 115+110=225.
- Props: Here, we have wagers that are side bets that rarely have to do with the overall outcome of a game. Many times prop bets take the form of questions for you to answer. Be aware that prop betting on all college players is prohibited.
Examples: Will Vikings running back Dalvin Cook score a touchdown in today’s game? Will Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers have more than 289.5 yards passing?
- Parlays: These are single wagers in which you make multiple picks, and for your bet to win, all of your picks must be right.
Example: You bet on the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers to win, meaning all three teams must be victorious for your bet to cash.
- Teasers: Here, you are changing the spreads for multiple games, so this is similar to a parlay.
Example: You bet on the Packers (+1.5), Vikings (-7.5) and Chiefs (-10.5), but you apply a six-point teaser, so the new lines become +7.5, -1.5 and -4.5 respectively for the games.
- Round Robins: These are bets on multiple games, similar to parlays. With round robins, however, your picks are paired together in a way that allows one or more of them to miss and you to still win some money.
Example: You do a three-game round robin with the White Sox, Cubs and Brewers all winning. What you’re doing is making three two-game parlays (White Sox-Cubs, White Sox-Brewers and Cubs-Brewers), so if just one of your teams loses, you still win one of your bets.
- Futures: These are long-term wagers, instead of simply betting on the result of an upcoming game.
Examples: Betting on which team you think will win the Super Bowl. Or betting on which player you believe will be named the regular season MVP.
- Live Betting: With live betting, you are placing bets while a game is happening. Lines constantly change during live betting, sometimes to a very large degree.
Example: Any bet made once a game has started is live betting.
Sports you can bet on at Unibet in Iowa
You can also choose from IndyCar and Formula One auto racing and the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League for soccer, just to name a few.
Unibet has even more sports to wager on if that’s not enough for you; among the fringe sports that tend to be surprisingly popular is table tennis.
Iowa sports team betting guide
While Iowa doesn’t have any major professional teams, there are four schools in the state with NCAA football and men’s NCAA basketball teams to wager on: the Iowa Hawkeyes, Drake Bulldogs, Iowa State Cyclones and the Northern Iowa Panthers.
And while Iowans don’t have any in-state teams in the four major US sports leagues to root for, the states that border Iowa offers plenty.
In Minnesota, there are teams in all four sports: the Minnesota Timberwolves in the NBA, the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL, the Minnesota Twins in Major League Baseball and the Minnesota Wild in the NHL.
Moving around the horn, in Wisconsin, you can pick from the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the NFL’s Green Bay Packers and MLB’s Milwaukee Brewers.
Heading south to Illinois, we have five teams to choose from: the Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Bears (NFL), Chicago Cubs and White Sox (MLB) and Chicago Blackhawks (NHL).
And lastly, in Missouri, there are four more teams. In the NFL you have the Kansas City Chiefs, in baseball, there are the Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals and in the NHL, you have the St. Louis Blues.
Unibet Iowa futures market
Now let’s see what the futures markets look like on the Unibet app.
If you’re looking to wager on any of the in-state schools, Unibet has futures markets for men’s college basketball with bets on the winners of conference tournaments, which teams will make the Final Four and which team will be the NCAA national champion.
Surprisingly, though, as of November 2020, Unibet did not have any futures available for college football. While you could wager on that week’s NCAA football games, there were not any futures markets up for conference or national championship game-winners.
Unibet does have futures available for the NFL, though. You can bet on everything from team regular-season win totals to division and conference winners, and of course, the Super Bowl winner. For player futures, Unibet has odds on who will be named MVP, Defensive Player of the Year and Offensive Rookie of the Year. You also can wager on which players will lead the league in passing, receiving and rushing yards for the regular season.
In the NBA, you can bet on who will come out of the Eastern and Western conferences and play in the NBA Finals and which team will win the Larry O’Brien Trophy. You also can bet on who will be named the NBA MVP, Most Improved Player, Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year.
Unibet has two futures markets for the NHL: You can bet on which team will win the Stanley Cup and which player will win the Hart Memorial Trophy, which is awarded to the NHL’s regular-season MVP.
And finally, when it comes to Major League Baseball, you can wager on who will win the NL and AL pennants and which team will prevail in the World Series.
Banking options on the Unibet app
Both depositing and withdrawing on Unibet are simple actions that take a couple of minutes. When you need to put money into your account, you can use any of these options:
- Debit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- Online bank transfer
- Unibet Prepaid Play+ card
A $10 minimum deposit is necessary.
When it comes time to make a withdrawal at Unibet, you have a few choices:
- PayPal (but only if you have previously deposited money at Unibet using your PayPal account)
- Online bank transfer
- Unibet Prepaid Play+ card
Just as was the case when depositing money, you also are required to withdraw a minimum of $10 when cashing out at Unibet.
How to contact Unibet customer support
If you run into any problems at Unibet, you have customer service options.
- You can check out the Unibet “Help Center” to see if you can figure a solution yourself.
- Call 855-655-6310 between 9 a.m. and midnight, seven days a week.
- Try the live chat using the Unibet website or sportsbook app. It is available seven days a week from 9 a.m.-midnight.
- Send an email to [email protected].
Responsible gambling at Unibet
Unibet is committed to responsible gambling, Unibet Sportsbook provides you with information to help determine if they have a gambling problem. On top of that, Unibet allows you to set limits to prevent spending too much time and/or money on the sportsbook.
You also can reach out to Unibet if you decide to close your sportsbook account altogether.
Where is the Unibet retail sportsbook?
Currently, Unibet does not have a retail sportsbook location in Iowa. In order to be licensed in the state, Unibet is partners with Harrah’s Council Bluffs Casino:
- Address: 1 Harrahs Blvd., Council Bluffs, IA
- Phone: 712-329-6000
- Website: caesars.com/harrahs-council-bluffs
Is Unibet Sportsbook the best in Iowa?
In our opinion, Unibet is not in the running for being the best sportsbook in Iowa. Not only is Unibet too new to the Iowa sports betting marketplace, but there isn’t enough of a track record outside of Iowa when it comes to how Unibet has performed in the US.
Unibet is a sportsbook that we’ll keep our eyes on, however, to see how it learns and grows and whether it can become one of the top sportsbooks in the Hawkeye State.
Unibet Sportsbook FAQ
What do I get when I use the Unibet bonus code?
When you create an account at Unibet Sportsbook in Iowa, use the code BETBONUS to receive a bonus first bet for up to $100. You’ll qualify for the bonus bet when you place your first real money bet for a minimum of $10. Check the welcome bonus section in this review for complete details.
What is the minimum age to bet at Unibet Sportsbook in Iowa?
To legally bet at Unibet Sportsbook in Iowa, you must be at least 21 years old.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Unibet online?
No, it’s not necessary to download the app to bet at Unibet. The sportsbook has a very functional website where you can place all the same types of bets on the same sports as you would on the app.
Does Unibet let me cash out bets early?
Yes, Unibet offers an early cash-out option for some bets. You’ll have to look for the cash-out icon in the betting slip to see which bets are eligible and calculate how much you’ll get from it.
How do I get paid if I win?
Unibet offers a variety of options for making withdrawals. You can receive your winnings through PayPal (if you’ve used it to deposit already), e-check, online bank transfer or Play+ card.
Does Unibet charge fees for withdrawals?
Unibet doesn’t charge any withdrawal fees. However, your financial provider may charge transaction fees. You can confirm whether this is the case with your bank or payment provider before making any withdrawals if you wish.