Elite Sportsbook was the second online sports betting site to launch in Iowa when it went live in August 2019, partnering with three casinos in the Hawkeye State.
Our Elite Iowa review covers all, from how to create an account to depositing money. Then, we will review the sports and sports bets you can place with Elite. We also share Elite Sportsbook’s welcome offer for new customers that’s worth up to $500.
Why choose Elite Sportsbook?
- A welcome offer worth up to $500.
- Both pregame and live betting markets.
- Various promotions are available.
- Elite is a US-owned and operated sportsbook.
Elite Sportsbook Iowa bonus: Up to a $500 value
Elite Sportsbook has a fairly straightforward offer of a risk-free bet for new customers. In fact, you do not need a promo code to take advantage of it. Simply follow our links to create your Elite Sportsbook account, and if you end up losing that first real money wager, Elite will refund you up to $500.
There are a few terms you should know regarding Elite’s welcome bonus.
- First, it is only your first bet with Elite that is eligible. So, if you win, nothing happens; but if your bet loses, you will receive a refund of up to $500.
- Secondly, the refund your receive will be in the form of a free bet.
- Thirdly, When it comes to the free bet, the maximum odds that you can use it on are +300.
- Fourthly, you have seven days to use it before it expires.
- Finally, Elite credits only the free bet’s winnings to your account, not the free bet itself.
All in all, Elite’s welcome bonus isn’t the best offer at sportsbooks in Iowa, but it’s still decent. In a perfect world, you would place a $500 bet on a bit of a long-shot and get that bet right and not even have to worry about the free bet. Because to even get your money back on the free bet, you would need to hit a wager with at least +100 odds.
Elite Sportsbook promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||Elite Sportsbook IA|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Sign-up Bonus||Risk-free first bet up to $500|
|Online Since||August 2019 in Iowa|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Regular promotions available on the Elite sports betting website
Elite Sportsbook does not have many promotions at the moment, but it does host some distinctive and intriguing ones.
For example, Elite offers a progressive parlay promotion that allows you to miss one or more of your parlay selections and still win. Here’s how progressive parlays work at Elite:
- It must be a parlay of between four and 12 legs, and can only be on football or basketball spread bets. Over/unders and moneylines are not eligible.
- For parlays of four to six legs, you still win at a minimum of +100 odds if you miss one game.
- For parlays of seven to nine legs, you win at a minimum of -150 if you miss two games or fewer.
- And for parlays of 10 to 12 legs, you still win at a minimum of +100 if you miss three games or fewer.
Another Elite promo is early cash-outs for most of the moneyline, spread and totals bets. Cashing out early allows you to have more control over your bets before a game has finished. Maybe you hit the first couple of legs of a parlay and you don’t want to risk your last pick. At Elite, you can cash out and not risk it.
Finally, Elite may post other promotions from time to time on its social media channels, so be sure to follow those.
Is Elite legal in Iowa?
Yes, Elite Sportsbook is legal in Iowa. You must be 21 or older to bet on sports in the Hawkeye State, and you need to have location services enabled on your device whenever you place a bet.
Sports betting was legalized in Iowa in May 2019 with the passage of Senate File 617. The law also includes betting on college sports; however, you cannot place any prop bets on individual college athletes. This rule also applies to Olympic athletes. Lastly, there is no betting on esports or nonsports events, e.g., the Grammys or Oscars in the state.
How to create an Elite account in Iowa
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating an Elite Sportsbook account in Iowa:
- Go to the Elite website and click “Join Now” in the upper-right corner of the page.
- On the first page of the sign-up process, you’ll create a username, create a password and enter your email address.
- On the second page, you’ll enter your first and last name, your birthday, phone number and the final four digits of your Social Security number.
- On the third page, you’ll add your home address.
- Lastly, on the fourth and final page you must select and answer two security questions and check a few boxes confirming the information you entered is correct and that you’re 21 or older. After that, click “Sign Up,” and your Elite Sportsbook account will be ready.
Elite Sportsbook app and website review
Elite Sportsbook is one of two online sportsbooks in Iowa that does not have a dedicated sports betting app for either Apple or Android devices. However, you can still bet on your mobile phone. To place bets and manage your Elite account, you need to use the Elite website on your tablet, phone or computer.
The one positive is that the mobile-friendly website is basically the same as an app, and you likely won’t notice a difference between the website on your phone and the one you will see on a laptop or desktop computer.
Navigating the Elite sports betting website
Once you’ve logged in to Elite’s website, you can manage your account, make a deposit, check the current Elite promos and contact Elite by using the links at the top of the page.
For placing bets, you can use the drop-down menus on the left side of the page to find your game of choice or scroll down on the main page to find the game you want. Then, if you click “More,” you’ll see all the bets available for that particular game. Just click the bet(s) you like, and they’ll appear in your Elite bet slip.
Once all the bets you want to make are on your bet slip, you can choose whether you want to make straight bets, parlays or teasers.
While it still is unusual that Elite Sportsbook does not have an app, it’s is not a big problem, honestly. The website is simple to use, which we prefer over way too many unnecessary features.
Best features of the Elite Sportsbook website
One of the best features you’ll find on the Elite website is the number of options you have for contacting customer service. You can call, email or chat with an Elite representative.
Another positive about Elite is it’s the same product, whether on your computer, phone or tablet. You no longer have to worry about remembering where things are on websites as compared to the app.
How could Elite Sportsbook improve?
First, there only is one way to bank with Elite. If you want to deposit or withdraw money remotely, you must use the Elite Play+ prepaid card. Otherwise, you must visit one of two retail Elite Sportsbook locations.
Second, Elite offers a slim selection of betting options for top events. For example, during a Monday night NFL game in 2020, Elite had fewer than 30 betting markets, while for the same game, other Iowa sportsbooks had more than a 100 and in the case of PointsBet, more than 200.
Lastly, Elite Sportsbook doesn’t have enough promotions to compete with most of the other online sportsbooks in the state. While Elite’s progressive parlays and cashing out early are nice, they are nowhere near what FanDuel and DraftKings offer.
Types of bets on Elite Sportsbook
Here’s a look at the various bet types available at Elite Sportsbook in Iowa.
- Moneyline: For moneyline bets, you are picking which team will win and nothing else. The odds make it so that a winning bet on the underdog pays more than a winning bet on the favorite.
- Spreads: When it comes to betting against the spread, you are picking how many points a team will win by. Favorites need to win by a certain number for your bet to win, while the underdog needs to either win the game or keep a loss under a certain margin.
- Totals: Also known as over/unders, these are bets on whether a specific stat will be higher or lower than a number the sportsbook sets. When someone is talking about totals, they are talking about the total number of points that both teams score in a game.
- Props: Here, we have side bets that don’t have to do with the outcome of a game. Props can be bets on whether a player will homer during a baseball game, score a goal during a hockey game or score a touchdown during a football game.
- Parlays: Parlays are single bets where you make multiple selections, and all of them have to happen for your wager to win.
- Teasers: For teasers, you are adjusting the point spread in your favor for two or more games, meaning the odds will change, as well.
- Round Robins: Here is another way of grouping multiple selections into one type of bet. At Elite Sportsbook, you can create round robins of between three and six picks, and they’ll be grouped so that you can miss one bet and still win some of your wager back.
- Futures: These are bets on events in the distant future, like winning divisions, conferences or championships, or MVP awards for players.
- Live Betting: Also called in game betting, this is any type of bet you make after a game has started. The lines and odds change based on the current situation in a game (i.e., score, time remaining, who has possession, etc.) and can fluctuate greatly when game-changing plays happen.
Sports you can bet on at Elite
Elite does not have markets for smaller, niche sports such as rugby and table tennis.
Iowa sports team betting guide
While Iowa doesn’t have any teams in the major leagues to bet on, there are local college teams and nearby pro teams. Here are your options:
- Colleges: There are four Division I schools with basketball and football teams based in Iowa that you can bet on at Elite. They are the Iowa Hawkeyes, Iowa State Cyclones, Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers. Drake and Northern Iowa play in the Missouri Valley Conference, Iowa State is in the Big 12, and Iowa resides in the Big Ten.
- NFL: There are four NFL teams in neighboring states, and they are the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC, and the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings in the NFC.
- MLB: Major League Baseball has six teams in neighboring states. In the National League, there are the Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals. In the American League, you have the Minnesota Twins, Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals.
- NBA: Many in Iowa will cheer for the Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks. Both the Bucks and Bulls play in the Eastern Conference, while the T-wolves are in the Western Conference.
- NHL: For hockey, you have the Minnesota Wild, Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks. All three teams play in the Western Conference.
Elite futures markets for Iowa
If you’re new to sports betting, then futures betting may be foreign to you as well. The way futures betting works is that you bet on events you think will happen at season’s end, such as who will win the title and which players will perform the best over the season. Here’s a rundown of the types of futures markets that are common and popular:
- Championship futures is exactly as it sounds. For example, Elite has odds on which team will win the Stanley Cup or Super Bowl. You can make futures bets at any time, though they tend to be the most popular before the beginning of the season.
- Player futures markets are usually restricted to betting on who will win MVP and rookie of the year Though, in the NFL, you also will see markets for offensive and defensive player of the year and for which players will lead in receiving, rushing and passing during the regular season.
- Team futures betting on how many wins a team will have during the regular season. This can be a lot of fun when your favorite teams aren’t title contenders, but you still want to be able to make futures bets on them. Sportsbooks set a number, and you bet on the over/under for how many wins they’ll have at the end of the season.
One downside to Elite Sportsbook is the limited means of depositing money into your account. Your only options for depositing money are by using an Elite Play+ prepaid card or by going to the cashier at one of the retail sportsbook locations:
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
- Rhythm City Casino Resort
When it comes to withdrawals, your choices are the same as depositing. You can either go to one of the two casinos above or request the sportsbook to move your money onto your Elite Play+ prepaid card.
How to contact Elite customer support
You can contact Elite Sportsbook in Iowa by clicking on the “Contact Us” button at the top of the Elite website. Here are the three methods:
- You can message someone by selecting the “Live Chat” option
- Call Elite at 844-777-4238
- Email the Elite support team at [email protected]
Responsible gambling at Elite
On the Elite sports betting website, you will find information promoting responsible gambling. Elite has links and phone numbers to call if you or someone you know needs help with a gambling addiction.
Also, online sportsbooks like Elite allow you to set limits on the amount of time and money you can spend on the website. You also can close your Elite Sportsbook account completely if you believe that will help.
Where is the Elite retail sportsbook?
Elite is partners with three casinos in Iowa, but only has two retail sportsbooks locations.
Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
Just 15 minutes from Iowa City, you’ll find food and drinks at this retail sportsbook as well as betting windows and kiosks.
- Address: 3184 Highway 22, Riverside, IA
- Phone: 319-648-1234
- Website: riversidecasinoandresort.com/elitesportsbook.html
- Amenities: 29 TVs and full-service bar and restaurant.
- Betting: Windows and betting kiosks
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Wednesdays, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays
- Opened: 2019
Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort
- Address: 1415 Grand Falls Blvd., Larchwood, IA
- Phone: 721-777-7777
- Website: grandfallscasinoresort.com/elitesportsbook.html
- Betting: Ability to deposit and withdraw money from Elite Sportsbook, but retail sportsbook is run by Betfred.
- Opened: 2019
Rhythm City Casino Resort
Here, you’ll find 18 TVs to watch all the action. At the Draft Day Sports Lounge, you’ll also find drinks and food.
- Address: 7077 Elmore Ave., Davenport, IA
- Phone: 563-328-8000
- Website: Rhythmcitycasino.com/elitesportsbook.html
- Amenities: 18 TVs, including a 360-degree screen. Full bar and restaurant
- Betting: Betting windows and self-service kiosks.
- Hours: 1-9 p.m. Mondays-Fridays; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
- Opened: 2019
Is Elite the best sportsbook in Iowa?
No, it is not. Elite Sportsbook falls short in a few areas evaluating what sportsbook is the best in the Hawkeye State.
Not having an app for mobile devices hurts, as does the limited number of betting markets for some of the most popular sporting events and the limited number of options for depositing and cashing out.
Elite Sportsbook FAQ
Is Elite licensed in Iowa?
Yes, Elite Sportsbook received its sports betting license from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission, which oversees sports betting in the state. If you have a question or would like to file a complaint about Elite or another sportsbook in the state, you can contact the IRGC by phone (515-281-7352) or email ([email protected]).
What is the minimum age to bet at Elite Sportsbook in Iowa?
You need to be 21 years or older to bet on sports in Iowa. You have the geolocation software on your phone, tablet or computer turned on to verify that you are placing your bets in Iowa.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Elite online?
No, because Elite does not have an iOS or Android app. Instead, you must do all your sports betting through the Elite website or at the Elite retail sportsbook locations in Iowa.
Can I bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes at Elite?
Yes, betting on Iowa-based college teams is allowed in the state, so you can bet on Iowa, Iowa State, Drake and Northern Iowa. However, prop bets on all college players are prohibited.
How does the Elite app compare to DraftKings?
Well, it doesn’t. Firstly, Elite does not have an app, but its website mostly functions the same as a sportsbook app. Secondly, DraftKings offers more betting markets and better promotions than what you currently will find at Elite.
How do I deposit money into my Elite account?
You have two options. You can visit one of three retail locations or you can use an Elite Play+ prepaid card to deposit money into your account remotely.