Grand Falls Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort is one of the top gaming destinations in Iowa. Its location along the borders of South Dakota and Minnesota allows it to cater to casino-lovers of all three states.
Grand Falls Casino delivers a Vegas-like casino experience in Iowa, with top-notch accommodations and entertainment. The casino hosts an eight-table poker room and is part of the annual Mid-States Poker Tour.
The casino boasts more than 40,000 square feet of gaming space with 750 slot machines, video poker and live table games. In addition, the gambling floor is home to the retail sportsbook Betfred Sports.
Visitors can rely on a 97-room hotel, four restaurants and bars. Grand Falls features a 7,100-yard golf course on the premises, which has hosted 15 major championships to date.
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort
- Address: 1415 Grand Falls Blvd., Larchwood, IA 51241
- Owner and Operator: Elite Casino Resorts and Grand Falls Casino Resort LLC
- Hours of Operation: 24/7
- Casino Games: 750 + video slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps, poker
- Sportsbooks: Yes, online and retail (Bally Bet, Betfred Sports and Elite)
- Poker Room: Yes, No-Limit Texas Hold’em and Omaha Hi-Lo Spread Limit cash games and tournaments
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort Gambling Partnerships
The casino opened in 2011. At the time, it was the only applicant out of four that received a license from the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission.
Elite Casino Resorts owns and operates the casino, also behind two other premier gambling hubs in Iowa. The local Kehl family owns the company.
Grand Falls Casino’s deal with Betfred allows it to host a retail sportsbook in Larchwood. This partnership marked Betfred’s first venture into the US betting market. If you want to bet on professional and collegiate sports, you can register online at Betfred Sportsbook or the Grand Falls Casino.
Another partnership at Grand Falls is more of an in-house deal; however, it brings sports betting to your fingertips. Its agreement with Elite Casino Resorts brings Elite Sportsbook to Iowa sports bettors. You can deposit your funds online through your Elite Play+ account. You can then start betting on the NBA, NFL, MLB and other professional and college sports.
Casino at Grand Falls
Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort is unlike any other Midwest casino. It hosts various casino games underneath the shining neon lights throughout the 40,000 square feet of space. It holds 750 slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps and poker tables.
There is a special high-limit lounge where you can assume the role of high-rollers and get the red-carpet treatment. When you add a generous VIP loyalty rewards program and other promotions to the mix, you get a superb gambling experience.
The one-armed bandits are the heart of the game lineup at Grand Falls Casino. You can choose from more than 700 machines, all of which have a range of themes and bonus features. Leading casino software companies IGT, WMS and Konami power these machines.
Old-school players will appreciate classic titles with three reels and a mechanical feel, while younger generations may prefer the five-reel machines with more complexity.
Not only will you find plenty of penny slots, but you can also enjoy a bunch of multi-dollar machines, especially in the high-limit room. Slot machines are refreshed regularly and include these popular titles:
- 5 Treasures
- Fortune 88
- Lightning Link (progressive jackpot)
- Lock It Link
- Mighty Cash Double Up Lucky Tiger
- Sizzling 7s
- Wheel of Prosperity
- Wolf Run
There are close to 50 tables at Grand Falls Casino featuring roulette, blackjack and poker action. Apart from traditional live games, you can also find electronic craps and roulette games, which are rarely crowded and decent live-action substitutes.
Some of the table games, such as craps, blackjack and Mississippi Stud, have special bonus bets, which give additional chances of scoring big. Here’s a complete list of table games at Grand Falls:
- Electronic Big 6
- Electronic Craps
- Face-Up Pai Gow
- Mississippi Stud
- Six-Seat Electronic Roulette
- Three Card Poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
Casino Resorts Club rewards
Casino visitors can become members of the Casino Resorts Club, which is available in all Elite properties. Namely, each time you use your card to play slots and table games, you will generate loyalty points that you can redeem for restaurant meals, concert tickets, retail purchases, golf, hotel rooms, spa treatments and other perks.
The more you play, the faster you can climb the VIP levels and claim more lucrative prizes. There are four tiers of the loyalty program:
- Classic: All players
- Elite Pearl: Must earn at least 75,000 comp points during 12 months.
- Elite Gold: Must earn at least 150,000 comp points during 12 months.
- Premium Elite Blue: Must earn a minimum of 300,000 points during 12 months.
Each of these levels brings a new set of rewards. You’ll get invitations to special events and parties, free play bonuses, and discounts on merchandise, drinks, food, hotel stays and spa treatments.
Grand Falls Casino Sportsbook
Loyal Grand Falls customers can bet at Betfred Sports, Bally Bet Sportsbook and Elite Sportsbook no matter where they are within Iowa state lines.
Betfred Sports launched a state-of-the-art retail sportsbook at Grand Falls in January 2020 in a specially designed 3,500-square-foot space.
The Iowa sportsbook features a video wall with 32 TVs, and four of them are 86-inch HD TVs. The sportsbook also has five high-top tables, plush chairs and recliners and a restaurant. There is also a VIP booth where you’ll be able to enjoy privacy and personal service at one of the betting windows.
You can place sports bets on dozens of games and competitions, including:
Several betting options include the traditional moneyline bets, point spread, over/under and futures bets.
The hours of the sportsbook at Grand Falls are:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 10 a.m. and 12 a.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturdays: 8 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sundays: 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Betfred at Grand Falls
Months after setting up a retail sportsbook at Grand Falls Casino, Betfred Sports established an online site that you can use anywhere within Iowa’s borders. Betfred Sports offers a 100% match wager of up to $1,000 to new users. Elite Sportsbook provides a $500 bonus bet to those who sign up.
Bally Bet Sportsbook went live with its website and app betting options in Iowa in June 2021.
Grand Falls Casino Poker Room
Grand Falls Casino’s poker room has eight tables featuring Texas Hold’em and Omaha — both limit and no-limit — cash games and tournaments.
The No-Limit Texas Hold’em games are likely more appealing to Iowa poker players with deeper pockets since the blinds go from $2 to $5, and the buy-ins are within the $200 to $500 range, $1,000 max. You can also find weekly Omaha Hi-Lo and No-Limit Texas Hold’em tournaments, which gather top players from the Sioux City area, thanks to considerable prize pots.
Speaking of prize pots, we can’t fail to mention the bad beat jackpot promotion, which can pay significant prizes to players with a specific winning hand in Texas Hold’em and Omaha games.
Grand Falls Casino Amenities
The Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort hotel offers 97 rooms and suites equipped with luxurious bedding, high-speed internet, a mini-bar, refrigerator, and other amenities. The Grandview two-room mini-suites and Grand Master suites are options not only for your overnight stay but also for all types of celebrations.
You can find several property amenities only steps away from the casino floor, such as a fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming pools with indoor and outdoor hot tubs, a fully functional spa area, and four restaurants and cafes.
The property also houses several conference and meeting rooms and entertainment facilities, which have a total capacity of 2,500 people across 24,000 square feet. Over 400 employees operate these.
Finding a perfect place to eat while visiting Grand Falls Casino is easy, as there are plenty of diverse options, from fine dining and buffets to quick bite options:
- Big Drop Cafe: Big Drop Cafe is your go-to place for breakfast, grilled-to-order options, pizzas and many other specials, which are available around the clock on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Robert’s Buffet: Robert’s Buffet is a perfect destination for prime rib, turkey and ham, along with Italian- and Asian-inspired options available at reasonable prices.
- Ruthie’s Steak & Seafood: Ruthie’s is an elegant and intimate setting where you can enjoy steaks, signature cocktails and seafood dishes prepared by award-winning chefs led by chef de cuisine John Reck.
- Sportsbook Bar & Grill: Sportsbook Bar & Grill, within the Betfred sportsbook, is home to top-quality burgers, chicken wings and pizzas. You can try them all with pints of local beers on tap.
See All Casinos and Sportsbooks in Iowa
- Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
- Diamond Jo Casino Dubuque
- Diamond Jo Worth Casino: Sportsbook And Poker Room
- Hard Rock Casino Sioux City: Hotel And Sportsbook
- Harrah’s Casino Council Bluffs
- Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs: Poker Room And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo And Sportsbook
- Lakeside Hotel Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Prairie Meadows Casino: Poker, Racetrack And Sportsbook
- Rhythm City Casino Resort And Sportsbook
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort: Slots, Poker An Sportsbook
- Wild Rose Casino Clinton
- Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort History
The Kehl family owns Grand Falls Casino, whose members belong to a group of casino business pioneers in the region. The first riverboat gambling operator’s license in Iowa was granted to the Dubuque Casino Belle riverboat casino back in 1990. Over the years, the family has established Elite Casino Resorts, a company behind several casinos and resorts in the Midwest.
Grand Falls Casino was licensed by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission in 2010 and welcomed its first visitors in 2011. The resort has added numerous gambling options, including sports betting a high-limit room, followed by a $10 million renovation in 2020.