ESPN Bet Iowa App Review & Promotions

ESPN Bet is the official new online sportsbook from the iconic sports media brand. And the great news is that ESPN Bet is licensed and available in Iowa. Join ESPN Sportsbook this May and claim a $1,200 welcome bonus. No ESPN Bet promo code is required.

Best Iowa sportsbook sign-up offers in May

Rank
Sportsbooks
Bonus
Features
Play
1
UP TO $1,000
In Bonus Bets
First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000, or Bet $5 Get $150 in Bonus Bets
30% Extra on Same Game Parlay Profit
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-BETS-OFF 21+
Use Bonus Code: PLAYIA
2
up to $1,500
In Bonus Bets
Up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets if Your First Bet Doesn't Win*
*Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Add’l terms
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-BETS-OFF 21+
Use Bonus Code: PLAYIA
3
Bet $5
Get $150
If Your Bet Wins
Bet $5 Get $150 in Bonus Bets if Your Bet Wins
Available on Desktop, Android & iOS
To Claim: Click Play Now
4
DOUBLE YOUR WINNINGS
On Your Next 10 Wagers
Place a Bet of $1+, and Receive 10 100% Profit Boosts
Stream NFL Games In-App for Free
21+ Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Use Promo Code: ALLINDYW

ESPN Bet Sportsbook has other promotions, including 20% odds boosts on select games and premade single-game parlays with boosted odds. Customers can make bets using a desktop computer, Android device, or iOS device.

The standard odds at ESPN Bet are comparable and sometimes better than the odds at FanDuel and DraftKings. Like those famous sportsbooks, ESPN Bet features early cashout rules and many banking options. Beyond that, it is an online and mobile sportsbook tied to the worldwide leader in sports.

ESPN Bet Iowa promo code May 2024

Join ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Iowa to claim a welcome bonus worth $1,200. An ESPN Sportsbook promo code is not needed to activate this offer.

ESPN Bet Promo CodeNone needed
Welcome Bonus• $200 in bonus bets with first cash bet
• 100% deposit match up to $1,000
Terms• $200 comes at four $50 bonus bets
• Deposit match requires 20x playthrough
Best FeaturesWelcome bonus & rewards club
Online SinceNovember 14, 2023
Promo Valid as ofMay 25, 2024

Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN Bet Sportsbook Iowa for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+ 

Maximizing the $1,200 ESPN Bet Sportsbook welcome offer

Here’s a step-by-step guide to claiming and maximizing the ESPN Bet Sportsbook sign-up offer in Iowa.

  1. Register for a new ESPN Bet Sportsbook account, no promo code is needed. If you previously were a Barstool Sportsbook user simply sign into the ESPN Bet Sportsbook website/app using your Barstool Sportsbook credentials.
  2. Deposit $10+ into your account. This opening deposit is matched 100% for up to $1,000 in bonus cash. Getting the bonus funds released does require a fair amount of betting. For every $20 in qualifying bets you place, ESPN unlocks $1 in bonus cash. It is considered a qualifying bet if it has overall odds of -200 or longer. You have 30 days to clear the bonus funds before they expire.
  3. Bet anything, get $200 in bonus bets. This is the part of the sign-up bonus we really love. After placing your first bet, ESPN Bet awards you with four $50 bonus bets. These bonus bets are yours to do with as you like. Just know that the value of the bonus bet does not transfer over if your wager with it wins.

And that is all there is to claiming and maximizing the ESPN Bet Sportsbook welcome bonus in Iowa. Overall, this is one of the better sign-up promos there is.

Getting started at ESPN Bet Iowa Sportsbook

New customers can access the ESPN sportsbook through its website or the sports betting app. Both desktop gamblers and mobile users should visit through the promotional link on this page. In either case, users won’t need an ESPN Bet Iowa promo code to enjoy the welcome bonus offer. To create an ESPN Bet account and bet on sports in Iowa, you’ll need to be 21 or older.

Desktop users sign up through the site’s homepage. Android gamblers sign up through the site’s link to the Google Play Store, while iOS gamblers sign up through the link to the App Store. Follow the steps below to get going.

Signing up at ESPN Bet on a computer

  1. When you click the “Sign Up” button at the top of the homepage, an online registration form appears.
  2. When prompted, add your username, password, and email address to the indicated boxes.
  3. Click the button “Next Step” to continue registration. You’ll automatically be eligible for the $1,200 ESPN Sportsbook welcome bonus, entering a promo code is not required.
  4. ESPN Bet presents the user with a series of optional security questions. Choose two questions. Straightforwardly answer both and jot down the answers for future reference.
  5. Choose whether you want email and security question safeguards on your account for every login.
  6. ESPN Bet next asks for personal information. Here, you’ll need to provide the final four digits of your Social Security number, a phone number, a physical address, and your full name.
  7. This completes the registration process. Review and finalize to start playing at ESPN Bet.

Signing up at ESPN Bet on Android or iOS devices

  1. Sign up on an Android device through the link to the Google Play Store.
  2. Sign up on an iPhone or iPad device through the link to the Apple App Store.
  3. Once on the appropriate app store, you’ll be asked the same questions that the desktop users are asked.
  4. Add a username, password, email address, security questions, physical address, real name, phone number, and SSN to complete registration.
  5. When prompted, enable the biometric login software on your mobile device. This is required for Android and iOS users because it helps geolocate you when you play.
  6. Once your biometric login credentials are active, sign in and start playing.
  7. In some cases, customers just further verify their information. This is especially the case if you’ve moved recently. Update a photo ID if required.

Remember that you must be 21 or older if you want to sign up at ESPN Bet Sportsbook in Iowa.

ESPN Bet Iowa mobile app and rating (4.2/5)

The ESPN Bet Sportsbook app has much different grades for Android and iOS users. If you play with an iPhone or iPad, the rating for the sportsbook app is 4.7. If you play using an Android phone or tablet, the rating goes down to 3.6. Keep reading for an explanation of that discrepancy.

  • Ease of logging in: 4.3/5 – Bettors can log in with simple fingerprint or facial recognition technology, or you can add security questions or email verification.
  • Ease of placing bets: 4.1/5 – For iOS users, placing bets is easy. Android users complain that the mobile app refreshes too soon, making parlay bets hard to add.
  • Overall speed: 4.3/5 – The app’s speed is no problem. Live bets update in real time, while live odds change without issues.
  • Ability to place parlays: 4.1/5 – Placing parlay bets is not a problem for iPhones and iPads, though it’s harder for Android phones.
  • Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.2/5 – Pre-made single-game parlays are the best option for Android users, though iOS bettors can create their own SGP.
  • Overall: After several updates, most glitches are gone for iOS. Android users must wait to see if ESPN updates the software. Fingers crossed.

ESPN Bet Sportsbook vs. FanDuel Sportsbook

In a comparison of NFL odds, ESPN Bet Sportsbook has better odds than FanDuel Iowa. The odds are the same roughly 40% of the time, with ESPN Bet having the edge 35% and FanDuel 25% of the time. FanDuel wins on its Android app and daily boosts, while the sign-up promotions definitely favor ESPN Bet Sportsbook. Here’s a further breakdown.

FeatureESPN BetFanDuel
Daily Boosts25% to 30%30%
PromotionsPlentyPlenty
Single-Game ParlaysComparableComparable
Standard Odds-110-110
Top BenefitWelcome BonusDaily Promos/Boosts
What's LackingBetter bonus termsRewards Clubs
App Rating4.24.7

Live betting options at ESPN Bet Sportsbook

When you browse the “All Sports” list at ESPN Bet, you’ll find 19 sports listed. That undersells the breadth of coverage, though, because the list combines the NFL with NCAA football and the NBA with NCAA basketball. The English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, and MLS all live under the “Soccer” category. Motorsports is the singular category for NASCAR and Formula 1 as well.

In short, customers have access to a huge list of live betting options. The list of sports includes boxing, MMA, lacrosse, Rugby union, and esports. The esports category is expansive enough that you’ll find League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in their own categories. Tennis, table tennis, and volleyball have live betting action. For pregame bettors, props bets on entertainment and politics are included in the category “TV & Culture.”

Click the “Live” link in the top menu to visit the live betting page. There, scroll down to find a comprehensive list of live betting events. On the live betting page, the top menu includes the broad categories of sports that are live at that moment. If you look at the “All Sports” menu on the left of the page, you’ll also see a list of every sport. The word “Live” will display next to any sport with a live event happening currently.

With three ways to find the live betting event you want, Iowa users should be able to find their game or tournament of choice. When you find the Chicago Bears game, click on the point spread, over/under odds, or moneyline odds that appeal to you. The same goes if you want to bet on the Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, or Blackhawks.

Whether you want to bet on college football or college basketball, you can find every game involving the Iowa Hawkeyes and the Iowa State Cyclones. The same goes for games involving nearby colleges, whether you prefer the Nebraska Cornhuskers or the Northwestern Wildcats.

Customers have a wide array of options, including the wager types:

  • Point spreads
  • Run lines
  • Puck lines
  • Moneylines
  • Totals
  • Parlays
  • Single-game parlays
  • Teasers
  • Pleasers
  • ‘If’ bets
  • Team props
  • Player props
  • Game props
  • Live bets

Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook

Now that we’ve run through the specific bets and promos on offer at ESPN Bet Iowa, let’s cover the online sportsbook’s basic functionality.

How to add funds or cash out

ESPN Bet Sportsbook customers in Iowa have 10 deposit methods and 6 payout methods. Customers should use the same withdrawal method that they used for their deposit, but credit cards and debit cards cannot be used for withdrawals. Visa, MasterCard, and Amex customers should use Play+, PayPal, ACH, or online banking for their payouts. Note that in Iowa, state law prohibits credit card payments for online sports betting.

The list of deposit methods for ESPN Bet Sportsbook is below, along with the minimum deposit limit and maximum deposit limit for each payment method.

ESPN Sportsbook deposits

  • Credit card: $10 to $10,000
  • Debit card: $10 to $10,000
  • Play+: $10 to $10,000
  • PayPal: $10 to $10,000
  • Apple Pay: $10 to $10,000
  • Venmo: $10 to $10,000
  • ACH or E-Check (VIP Preferred): $10 to $10,000
  • Online banking: $10 to $5,000
  • Paper check: $250 to $10,000
  • Cashier cage: Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs: $10 to $10,000

ESPN Sportsbook withdrawals

  • PayPal
  • Play+
  • ACH or E-check: Using VIP Preferred
  • Online banking
  • Paper check
  • Cashier cage: Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs

Venmo and Apple Pay can be used for deposits but not withdrawals. ESPN Bet states that Venmo deposits might fail for several reasons: account name mismatches, single account linking, and a Venmo account already in use. If your Venmo payment fails, check to see if the name on your ESPN Bet account is the same as the one on your Venmo account.

Finally, if you have trouble making a deposit or withdrawal using VIP Preferred, try using a browser other than Google Chrome. Web devices with settings that block third-party cookies in Google Chrome are known to block VIP Preferred payments when using Chrome.

How to contact ESPN Sportsbook customer service in Iowa

ESPN Bet Sportsbook uses a contact form to give customers support through a call center, email address, or live chat feature. In all three cases, you initiate contact through the online form. Here is how you initiate contact.

  1. Visit the ESPN Bet homepage. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage. Under the header that says “Betting,” click the “Support” option.
  2. Choose “Account Information.” The page you’ll find has four FAQ questions. Click on the third entry, which says “Contact Us.”
  3. You’ll see three options: Request Callback, Chat, and Email Us.

How to set limits at ESPN Bet Iowa

ESPN Sportsbook Iowa has several tools to help bettors manage problem gambling. These include five activity limits, as well as a full self-exclusion process. We’ll detail your options below.

Is ESPN Bet Sportsbook legal in Iowa?

Yes. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission licenses ESPN Bet Sportsbook in the state. The license is through Penn Entertainment, the Pennsylvania-based gaming company that signed a $1.5 billion partnership deal with ESPN Sportsbook.

How to play responsibly

ESPN Bet has five tools to help keep your play in control. First, you can limit your time spent on the site each day. You’ll be logged out of the site once the time limit expires.

ESPN Bet also has deposit, spending, single wager size, and loss limits. In all cases, you can set a daily, weekly, or monthly limit on your activity. Combine these limitations to play responsibly within your financial resources.

Cooling-off period

Players can also set “cool-off” periods. This is like self-exclusion, though it applies to shorter durations. Customers can inform ESPN Bet that they are taking a break for a matter of days or weeks.

As soon as you set your cool-off period, you’ll be logged out of the site for that timeframe. You cannot reverse the decision.

Self-exclusion in Iowa

Iowa has specific rules for self-exclusion. If you want to request exclusion from ESPN Bet Sportsbook, you will need to provide three things.

  • The period of time you intend to exclude yourself. The options are (1) five years or (2) a lifetime;
  • Your full Social Security number;
  • Acknowledgment of your self-exclusion, including a waiver and release.

Once you self-exclude, you will not be permitted to place a bet. Also, all open bets will be canceled. Any bonuses or other promotions will be canceled. Any funds associated with your account will be returned to you via check.

During your time of exclusion, you will not be able to log into your ESPN Bet account. Also, you won’t receive promotional emails or texts from the site.

ESPN Bet Iowa betting locations and partnerships

The sportsbook’s land-based partner in Iowa is the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Council Bluffs. Any ESPN Bet customer who wants to deposit funds or collect winnings through a retail sportsbook can visit the cashier cage at the Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs to do so. Penn Entertainment (ESPN’s sports betting partner) owns this property, as it does all Ameristar, Boomtown, and Hollywood Casino brands.

ESPN Bet Iowa FAQ

Sign up with ESPN Sportsbook and you’re automatically eligible for the $1,200 welcome bonus, which means you do not need to enter an ESPN Bet Sportsbook promo code. The welcome bonus comes in two parts, a 100% deposit match up to $1,000, and a bet anything, get $200 in bonus bets. Full details can be found in the ESPN Sportsbook promo code section above.

Sign up and place your first bet with ESPN Bet and you’ll get four $50 bonus bets.

Yes. The Iowa Gaming and Racing Commission licenses ESPN Bet Sportsbook, so it is audited, licensed, and regulated by Iowa authorities. The sports betting app and sportsbook website are tied to the Ameristar Casino Hotel in Council Bluffs.

For one thing, the $1,000 welcome bonus is bigger than Bovada’s $600 welcome bonus. Beyond that, ESPN Bet Sportsbook is a licensed and legal sportsbook. Bovada is an illegal offshore operator that doesn’t have to pay out if you consistently win sports bets. ESPN Bet has consumer protections and responsible gaming tools that make it much safer than an offshore bookmaking site.

ESPN Bet Sportsbook does not have a set maximum bet, though most payment methods have a maximum deposit of $10,000. The minimum bet limit is $0.10, while bettors should make a $10 minimum first bet to unlock the welcome bonus.

Remember, ESPN sportsbook customers can set limits on their betting activity. ESPN Bet Sportsbook allows users to set deposit limits, daily betting limits, single-wager bet limits, loss limits, and time limits on their activity. In this way, you can set your own max bet.

Odds fluctuate across sportsbooks, but ESPN Bet’s standard odds are often better than those at DraftKings and FanDuel. On NFL and NBA games, the odds are the same for about 40% of games. DraftKings’ lines are stronger about 20%-25% of the time, while ESPN Bet has better odds 30%-35% of the time. It’s a good idea to shop for better odds, whichever sportsbook you prefer.

That said, DraftKings has better odds boosts than ESPN Bet does. The daily boosts at DraftKings range from 30% to 50%, while odds boosts at ESPN Bet are 20% to 30%. Factor this into your decision when choosing an Iowa online sportsbook.