If you’re in Iowa, you can place sports bets at Hard Rock Sportsbook from anywhere using your smartphones. Hard Rock online sportsbook was one of the first online sports betting sites to debut in the Hawkeye State.
On this page, we’ll go over how to sign up at Hard Rock and claim its welcome offer of a $100 risk-free bet. We also cover how to deposit and cash out your winnings. In addition, we’ll go over all the sports and types of wagers you can make via the Hard Rock website.
Why choose Hard Rock Sportsbook?
- New users receive a $100 risk-free first bet.
- Bet on sports remotely.
- Hard Rock is a trusted name in gambling.
- Multiple methods to deposit and withdraw money.
Hard Rock welcome bonus: Up to a $100 value
When you create a new Hard Rock Sportsbook account in Iowa, you will be eligible for a risk-free $100 bet. Let’s take a look at what you have to do to claim the offer and how it works.
First up, you need to create a new account with Hard Rock. Then you must deposit at least $100 into your account. Next, head to the Hard Rock Sportsbook promotions page and opt into the risk-free bet promotion.
Once you have done all that, simply place a $100 sports bet and opt to apply the $100 risk-free bet insurance from the bet slip. If your $100 wager wins, nothing changes; you collect your winnings and carry on like normal. However, if your bet loses, Hard Rock will refund your $100 bet as cash directly into your account balance.
As far as terms and conditions, be aware that you cannot use this offer on futures bets, and you have seven days from the time you opt into the promotion to place your $100 bet; otherwise, the offer will expire.
All things considered, this welcome bonus is decent. The positives are that you’re refunded in cash, so you can then wager that money however you want. And you don’t need a promo code to be eligible. The downside is that $100 is a slightly smaller welcome bonus than you will find at other online sportsbooks in Iowa.
Hard Rock Sportsbook bonus code 2021
|Iowa Sportsbook||Hard Rock Sportsbook|
|Deposit Offer||$100 risk-free first bet|
|Online Since||December 2019|
|Last Updated||March 2021
Hard Rock Sportsbook Iowa promotions
- Parlay Booster: During the NFL playoffs, Hard Rock offered a 10% increase on all parlays of three legs or more. All you needed to do was create such a parlay. If you won, your winnings increased by 10%, up to an extra $500.
- Cash-Back Offers: Another Hard Rock promotion was tied to the UFC. During various UFC events, the sportsbook offered 10% back on your net losses if you placed at least $100 on that event’s fights. Much like the parlay booster promo, your cash back was capped at $500.
Hard Rock may roll out more promotions as time goes by and as competition increases in the Iowa sports betting market. It’ll likely continue offering promotions around playoffs and season openings.
Is Hard Rock legal in Iowa?
Yes, Hard Rock Sportsbook is 100% legal. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission oversees sports wagering in the state, and it was the IRGC that granted Hard Rock a sports betting license.
To bet on sports in the Hawkeye State, you need to be at least 21 years old. You also have to be physically in Iowa at the time you make your bets. Because of this requirement, you must have location services on the device you’re using to place bets.
One other note about sports betting in Iowa: Prop bets on individual college athletes are prohibited. You are, however, allowed to bet on in-state colleges, something that some sports betting states restrict.
How to create a Hard Rock account in Iowa
Despite Iowa allowing online registration for sportsbook accounts beginning Jan. 1, 2021, you still must visit Hard Rock Casino Sioux City to create your Hard Rock Sportsbook account at this time.
Before going to the casino, you can download an application form and fill it out ahead of time. You’re required to supply your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and have a Rock Star Rewards Club account number.
Once that’s all filled out, you can head to either the Hard Rock Sportsbook or Rock Star Rewards Club desk. Then you must verify your identity using your Rock Star Rewards Club account. After that, you can complete the rest of the registration online.
From that point on, you can manage your account and bet on sports using the Hard Rock Sportsbook website on your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Iowa is transitioning to online registration, and it should be available starting at some point in 2021. Once that is the case, you’ll be able to complete the entire sign-up process using your phone, computer or tablet.
Hard Rock Sportsbook app
Hard Rock Sportsbook Iowa does not have a dedicated app. Instead, you will do all your online betting via the Hard Rock Sportsbook website.
While this is a little abnormal, it’s not something you should view as a major problem. For online sportsbooks with apps, you still need to have an internet connection to use them, and you still have to be in Iowa to place bets. None of that changes by using a website instead of an app.
Navigating the Hard Rock website
Once you head to the Hard Rock’s sportsbook site, the first thing you’ll want to do is to make sure you’re at the right place. In the upper-left corner of the site is a Hard Rock Sportsbook logo. Below that, it should read “Iowa;” if it instead says another state, e.g., New Jersey, simply click on the dropdown arrow and select “Iowa.”
After that, you’ll click on the button directly below that to log in, enter your email and password and then you’ll be ready to start betting.
Placing bets at the Hard Rock online sportsbook
There are not a lot of bells and whistles on the site, which makes navigating around and placing bets pretty simple. You can find the sport you want to bet on either by clicking on the appropriate icon near the top of the screen or by using the search function.
When you find the game you want to bet on, click on the bet you want to make, and it’ll add to your betting slip. You can add more bets or add the dollar amount you want to bet and then select “place bet.”
For creating parlays and round robins, the process is basically the same. Add the bets you want and then in your betting slip, select either parlay or round robin and once again, add your dollar amount and click “place bet.”
Hard Rock promotions page
Along the left side of the webpage, you should see a link labeled “promotions.” This is where you’ll click to access the promos page. Once there, you’ll be able to see all the ongoing bonus offers and, by clicking on them, you can read all about how the offers work and make sure you opt-in if necessary.
Overall, Hard Rock’s online sportsbook is pretty bare-bones compared to a lot of the other online sportsbooks in Iowa, but the reality is that it still offers much of what you’ll find elsewhere, and its odds are surprisingly competitive with other top books in the state.
Best features of the Hard Rock sportsbook app
There are a few things Hard Rock Iowa does fairly well.
What we’re most impressed by is the odds that Hard Rock has to offer. The moneylines for underdogs were almost always better than other top Iowa sportsbooks, but that in turn meant that the odds for favorites weren’t quite as good. Either way, the odds Hard Rock has to offer are its No. 1 feature.
It’s also nice to have an online sportsbook that is all about sports betting and nothing else. When you log in, all you’ll see are various lines and odds with no wasted frills.
How could Hard Rock Sportsbook improve?
When it comes to areas where Hard Rock Sportsbook needs improving, it starts with the very much-need addition of an app for both Android and Apple devices. While you can place bets remotely using the Hard Rock Sportsbook website, an app would make the entire process so much easier. And for those who actually prefer the website, they still could use that the same way.
It would also be nice to see Hard Rock offer more promotions, including daily odds boosts. When you look at what some of the best sportsbooks in the area excel at, it’s the number and quality of promotions that they offer.
And the final area that Hard Rock Sportsbook needs to address immediately is the ability to register remotely. We wish that would have been up and running on Jan. 1, 2021, but since it wasn’t, all we can hope for is that it’s ready soon.
Types of bets available on Hard Rock Iowa sportsbook
Now let’s go over all the betting markets that are available at Hard Rock Sportsbook website in Iowa:
- Moneyline bets are wagers where you have to pick the team that is going to win. In sports, like soccer where ties are possible, you also will have the option of games finishing in a draw.
- Point spread betting is when you are betting on how much you think a team is going to win a game by. If a team is favored by 8.5 points, it would need to win by nine points or more to cover the spread. On the other side, the team that is an 8.5-point underdog can win the game outright or lose but keep the margin to eight points or fewer.
- Totals are wagers on how many combined points/runs/goals both teams will score in a game.
- Prop betting offers lots of options for wagering on games. You don’t have to worry about who’s going to win because prop bets are wagers on, e.g., how many passing yards a specific player will finish with during a game.
- Parlays are bets where you combine two or more wagers. The more picks you make, the more money you stand to win, but if you miss any of your picks, your entire parlay bet loses.
- Round robins are kind of like parlays. You make at least three picks; however, you can still win some money if one of those picks is incorrect.
- Futures betting refers to bets you place on events that are weeks and even months away from happening. Betting on the Kansas City Chiefs or Green Bay Packers to win the Super Bowl before the start of the season is an example of a futures bet.
- Live betting is largely the province of online sportsbooks like Hard Rock. You no longer have to get all your bets placed before the puck drops, the ball is tipped or the first pitch is thrown. You can bet on games that are already underway. Lines will change throughout games based on how action is unfolding on the field.
Sports you can bet on at Hard Rock in Iowa
At Hard Rock Sportsbook, you can bet on pro and college sports alike, including on Iowa-based college teams.
When it comes to sports outside the US, you will see that Hard Rock offers plenty of markets for soccer leagues, including the English Premier League, Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League.
By clicking on the plus sign icon, you can check out all the sports available at Hard Rock IA.
Iowa sports team betting guide
Unfortunately, Iowa doesn’t have any major professional teams that you can bet on at Hard Rock. However, there are quite a few pro teams in neighboring states, and four Division I college programs. Here’s a look at all those teams:
- NFL Betting: Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears
- NBA Betting: Chicago Bulls, Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks
- NHL Betting: St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild
- MLB Betting: Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs in the National League, and the Minnesota Twins, Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals in the American League.
- NCAA Football and Basketball: Four Division I teams in Iowa, which are the Iowa Hawkeyes, Iowa State Cyclones, Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers.
Hard Rock Iowa futures market
Using the Hard Rock Sportsbook website, you can place futures bets on most major pro and college sports. That means you can bet on the teams you think will win the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals and World Series. You also can bet on who will win the NCAA football and basketball titles. Hard Rock also has futures markets for international soccer and basketball leagues.
How to deposit and cash out with Hard Rock
Hard Rock Sportsbook offers five methods to deposit money into your account and three ways to withdraw your money. For depositing:
- ACH (e-check)
- Debit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Hard Rock Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at casino cage at Hard Rock Casino Sioux City
And to make a withdrawal, it can be one of these methods:
- ACH (e-check)
- Hard Rock Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at casino cage at Hard Rock Casino Sioux City
How to contact Hard Rock customer support
Hard Rock Sportsbook has a few ways to contact its customer support team if you need any help.
You can email ([email protected]), call (844-951-7625) or have a live chat with a Hard Rock representative by clicking on the live chat button on the Hard Rock Sportsbook website.
If you scroll to the bottom of the website, you also will see an FAQ link that will take you to the frequently asked questions page.
Responsible gambling at Hard Rock
Hard Rock Sportsbook website promotes responsible gambling in multiple ways. First, you can set limits on the amount you can deposit or lose and how much time you can spend on the website. You can create the limits on a daily, monthly or yearly basis.
Hard Rock also provides information to help you determine if you have a problem with gambling and, if so, where you can get help.
Where is the Hard Rock retail sportsbook?
Hard Rock’s retail sportsbook is at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City; it opened in December 2019. It’s important to know that Iowa does not accept credit card wagers for sports bets, so make sure you keep that in mind before heading to the retail location.
Hard Rock Sportsbook is fairly small at only 400 square feet. It features four betting windows.
- Address: 111 Third St., Sioux City, IA 51101
- Phone: 712-226-7600
- Website: hardrockcasinosiouxcity.com/casino/sportsbook/
- Amenities: Retail sportsbook
- Betting: Four in-person betting windows
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
Is Hard Rock the best sportsbook in Iowa?
No, it is not. With other online sportsbooks such as PointsBet, FanDuel, BetMGM and DraftKings in Iowa, Hard Rock Sportsbook has a long hill to climb if it expects to reach those aforementioned sportsbooks.
Hard Rock is not a terrible sportsbook, but not having an app is a problem for bettors looking to bet using their phones. We are, however, impressed with the odds Hard Rock Sportsbook offers.
Hard Rock Sportsbook FAQ
Is Hard Rock licensed in Iowa?
Yes, Hard Rock Sportsbook received its betting license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC). As a licensed sportsbook, Hard Rock is legitimate and safe to use. If you have any complaints about it, you can call (515-281-7352) or email ([email protected]) the IRGC.
What is the minimum age to bet at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Iowa?
To legally bet on sports, you need to be at least 21 years or older. You also must be in the Hawkeye State when placing a wager, which means you must enable location services on your phone, computer or tablet to bet at Hard Rock.
Can I bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes at Hard Rock?
Definitely, you also can bet on Iowa State, Drake and Northern Iowa at Hard Rock Sportsbook. Be aware that, when it comes to college bets, prop bets on individual college athletes are not allowed in the state.
Do I have to go to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City to sign up for the online sportsbook?
Yes, although Iowa began allowing remote registration beginning Jan. 1, 2021, Hard Rock still requires you to sign up in person at this time. A Hard Rock representative said that online registration should be available in the near future.
Why can’t I download the Hard Rock app for my iPhone/iPad?
Because Hard Rock Sportsbook in Iowa currently does not offer an app. Instead, you are able to do all your betting and account management using the website.
How does Hard Rock compare to DraftKings?
For starters, DraftKings offers an app, and Hard Rock Sportsbook does not. DraftKings also offers daily odds boosts and more promotions than what you will find at Hard Rock. However, when it comes to overall odds, Hard Rock’s odds tend to be slightly better than those at DraftKings.