When you create an account at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Iowa, your first bet will be matched for up to $250. No Hard Rock bonus code is necessary to claim this bonus. Just sign up, deposit some funds and make a wager.
On this page, we’ll review what Hard Rock has to offer sports bettors in Iowa and how it stacks up against the competition. We’ll go over other promotions in addition to the welcome bonus, the sportsbook app and user experience, your betting options, and more.
Hard Rock Sportsbook promo code for Iowa in 2023
When you create an account and place your first real money bet, Hard Rock will match it at a rate of 100% up to $250; no Hard Rock Sportsbook promo code is necessary.
|Online Sportsbook||Hard Rock Sportsbook Iowa|
|Hard Rock Bonus Code||None needed|
|Sign-up Bonus||100% match up to $250 on your first bet|
|Last Updated||December 2023
Hard Rock Sportsbook welcome bonus — the fine print!
Here are the conditions you’ll need to meet to claim the Hard Rock Sportsbook welcome bonus once you’ve created an account and deposited some money:
- Your first bet must be for a minimum of $5 and must have minimum odds of -250 to qualify for the bonus. This means that a bet at odds of -300 would not qualify, but -200 would.
- After the first bet settles — win or lose — you’ll receive the matching funds as a bonus bet.
- You have seven days to use the bonus bet before it expires.
- You can access the bonus bet by heading over to the “My Bets” section and selecting “Apply bonus bet.”
Other Iowa sportsbooks may have welcome bonuses with bigger maximums, but these are often bonus bets that only pay out if your first bet loses. And any deposit bonuses will often have higher playthrough requirements.
Can I trust Hard Rock Iowa Sportsbook?
Yes, Hard Rock is a trustworthy company that is no stranger to dealing with the gambling laws in different states throughout the US, and Iowa is no different.
Additionally, Hard Rock Sportsbook has a license to operate from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. This means that it must adhere to the rules and regulations and offer fair and responsible betting. It also must meet standards for online security.
Getting started at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Iowa
To sign up and bet at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Iowa, you need to be 21 or older. You’ll also need to be within Iowa state lines when placing bets. To start the process, head to the Hard Rock Iowa website and select the “Join Now” button in the top right corner. From there, you’ll need to provide some details, such as the following:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Hard Rock will use this information to verify your identity and that you are of legal betting age in the state.
How do I download the Hard Rock Iowa app?
The Hard Rock Sportsbook app is available for iOS and Android. Once you’ve created an account and claimed the welcome bonus, you can download the app for betting via phone or tablet.
Hard Rock Iowa does not list links for its app on its website. In its FAQ, it recommends that users go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the app directly. When you do so, make sure to select the Hard Rock Sportsbook app for Iowa, as that will be one of several mobile sports betting options to choose from.
We’ve found that the Hard Rock Iowa app works similarly on both iOS and Android devices, so the format you’re using should not be a concern.
Where do I find Hard Rock IA promotions?
You can access promotions at Hard Rock Sportsbook by clicking on the “Promotions” tab on the website’s homepage. Though Hard Rock lags a bit behind some other sportsbooks in the state when it comes to promo options, here are a couple:
- Bet $100+ on NCAA football and get a $20 live bonus bet: Once you’ve met the wagering minimum, you’ll get a $20 bonus bet to use on any live college football wager at odds of -250 or longer.
- Bet $100+ on the NFL and get a $20 live bonus bet: Similar to the above, except it’s for NFL betting rather than college football.
Why should I choose the Hard Rock Sportsbook app in IA?
Here are some of the main positives that Hard Rock has for sports bettors in Iowa:
- Innovative Design: Hard Rock offers an uncluttered and clear layout. The sports page is simple but effective, allowing you to navigate and find the bets you desire.
- Trending Bet Options: This menu will show you the most popular games to bet on, both live and upcoming.
- In-person Betting Options: The Sioux City Hard Rock offers a brick-and-mortar casino and sportsbook to anyone nearby or if you want to travel from elsewhere in the state.
What won’t I like about the Hard Rock Sportsbook app?
Here are some areas where we’d like to see Hard Rock improve following our review of the online sportsbook:
- Limited Promotions: Compared to some of the other online sportsbooks in the state, Hard Rock’s promotions are lacking. At the time of this review, it had just two options after the welcome bonus.
- FAQ Not Searchable: Bettors who do find themselves with either a question or an issue at Hard Rock cannot search on the site. Although the live chat option is suitable for customer support, a search option would be helpful.
- Limited Sports Selection: Hard Rock lists around 10 sports for betting, fewer than many of its competitors.
What kind of bets can I make at Hard Rock online sportsbook?
You’ll find all of the standard sports betting options at Hard Rock Iowa:
- Moneylines: Bet on one side or the other to win the game. Favorites will have negative odds, and underdogs will generally be positive.
- Point Spreads: In games where a difference in quality between the teams is clear, point spreads become particularly interesting. These require the favorite to win by at least a set margin. Conversely, bets on underdogs will win if the underdog loses but keeps the game within that margin (or wins the game).
- Totals: Often referred to as over/unders, totals are bets on the combined score in a game. If the Iowa Hawkeyes and Iowa State Cyclones square off, you can bet whether the two teams will combine to score over or under a line that Hard Rock set before the game started.
- Props: These offer additional side bets for a game. For example, you could bet on the number of rushing yards by a particular player or team in an NFL contest or whether the game will go to overtime. Note that Iowa does not allow prop bets on individual college athletes.
- Parlays: Combine multiple selections into a single wager. The benefit is that you receive increased odds by doing so. The downside is that your parlay only wins if all your selections are correct.
- Round Robins: Similar to a parlay, these bets involve multiple selections, but unlike the parlay, you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Live Betting: Live betting, also known as in game betting, is one of the most popular features at Hard Rock Iowa. Just as it sounds, you can bet on games as they unfold.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes or tournament or playoff winners. These wagers will be available well in advance, with odds that will shift and evolve as what you are betting on gets closer.
Can I bet on the Kansas City Royals at Hard Rock Iowa?
Yes. While Iowa itself may not be home to any teams from the major sports leagues, you can bet on all the teams from the larger region, including the Kansas City Royals, at Hard Rock Sportsbook. Here are some MLB-style bets you may find of interest:
- Player Props: For example, you could bet on Salvador Pérez to homer or a starting pitcher to have a certain number of strikeouts in a game
- First Five Innings: These bets allow you to focus on the starting pitcher matchup for the day without having to worry so much about the bullpens.
- MLB Futures: Options include betting on KC’s overall win total, whether they’ll win the American League Central Division, the AL pennant or even the World Series. Hard Rock also has player futures. You can wager on who will win the MVP, Cy Young or Rookie of the Year.
How do I get money on (and off!) Hard Rock online betting quickly?
Hard Rock offers a variety of banking methods. However, you can’t use credit cards to deposit at online sportsbooks in Iowa. You can still use debit cards. Here are your options for depositing at Hard Rock:
- Visa or Mastercard debit cards
- Play Plus
- Cash at the Hard Rock casino cage in Sioux City
And here are your choices when it comes time to make a withdrawal. Withdrawals will usually process within 72 hours, depending on the method:
- Prepaid card
- Debit card
- Cash at the casino cage
If you’re planning to make a withdrawal in person at the Hard Rock in Sioux City, try to give 24 hours of notice via email.
How do I get help at Hard Rock online sports betting?
For a first step, you can try the Hard Rock FAQ on the website to see if there is an answer to your question. If that doesn’t work, you can contact customer support directly via the “Contact Us” page. This offers an email option as well as calling 844-951-7625. You can also initiate an online live chat via the button on the bottom left of the site.
How do I exclude myself from Hard Rock?
Hard Rock offers several responsible gambling tools, including the ability to set limits on yourself. You can limit the amount of money that you can deposit or bet within a specified time frame, as well as the amount of time you can spend on the sportsbook.
To self-exclude, head to the responsible gambling section in the website’s footer and follow the steps to enter exclusion for either a set period of time (say, a year) or indefinitely.
Can I bet at Hard Rock Iowa Sportsbook in person?
Yes, in addition to betting using the Hard Rock Sportsbook app, you can also place in-person wagers at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Sioux City. The four-star hotel and resort are home to everything that customers enjoy about Hard Rock.
- Address: 111 Third St., Sioux City, IA 51101
- Phone: 712-226-7600
- Website: hardrockcasinosiouxcity.com/casino/sportsbook
- Hours: Noon-8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
How does Hard Rock compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
Hard Rock is still a relatively new online sportsbook and suffers a little compared with more established books. For instance, the promotions are limited compared to what sportsbooks like the DraftKings app, Caesars, BetMGM and FanDuel offer. The same is true about the number of sports that you can bet on, at least at the time of this review.
However, Hard Rock offers a pleasant user experience with a good site and app design. The additional benefit of the company offering in-person betting at its hotel and casino in Sioux City if you happen to be in the area. Ultimately, Hard Rock Sportsbook is worth giving a try in Iowa with a solid welcome bonus.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Iowa FAQ
Is Hard Rock legal in Iowa?
Yes, Hard Rock has a license to operate from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission legally.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Hard Rock online?
No, you can bet via the website on either a computer or mobile device. However, if you’re planning to bet a lot on your phone or tablet, you may want to consider giving the app a try.
Do I have to go to the Hard Rock in Sioux City to sign up to bet online?
No. That was a requirement when sports betting first launched in Iowa, but now you can complete the entire sign-up process online from anywhere in the state.
Does Hard Rock charge fees for withdrawals?
No, Hard Rock does not charge you for withdrawals, but the method you use may include its fee, so check that before withdrawing.
How do you bypass the Hard Rock app location?
It is not possible to bypass Hard Rock’s geolocation as that is how the sportsbook verifies that you are in Iowa and can place bets.