Lakeside Hotel Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
Lakeside Hotel Casino, in Osceola, IA, is less than an hour’s drive from Des Moines. It’s near a popular hiking and camping area, which means many adventure-seekers often stop by Lakeside. The casino property includes an RV park.
The hotel offers 150 rooms, in addition to plenty of amenities, such as a restaurant and a casino featuring more than 1,000 slot machines and several table games.
The IA casino also features a pair of sportsbooks. Guests can choose from Caesars Sportsbook or DRF Sportsbook.
Lakeside Hotel Casino
- Address: 777 Casino Drive, Osceola, IA 50213
- Owner: Affinity Interactive
- Hours: 24/7
- Casino Games: 1,000+ slots, blackjack, craps, roulette
- Sportsbook: Yes, retail and online
- Poker Room: Yes, one table
Lakeside Casino Online Gambling Partnerships
Lakeside Hotel Casino in Osceola, IA, is operated by Affinity Interactive. Affinity also operates DRF.com, DRF Bets and DRF Sportsbook, so guests will definitely find the brand during a visit to Osceola. Caesars has been another wagering option across the eight properties owned by Affinity.
Casino at Lakeside
The casino plays an essential role at Lakeside and features 1,000+ video slots, video poker and plenty of table games on a 37,500-square-foot casino floor.
Visitors will have a chance to win special discounts and get other offers for the amenities part of Lakeside. A-Play Club members can also receive an array of promotions.
Most of these offers are time-limited, so we’ll not list any current ones here. Instead, if you want to visit Lakeside, make sure to check out the latest promotions that are active at that moment.
There are currently 1,000+ slots in denominations starting as low as one cent. However, the casino also features a high-limit area to wager up to $25 per spin. Some of the games you’ll find are Texas Tea, Dancing Drums and Buffalo.
Apart from the classics, you’ll also find a variety of new slots featuring big screens and offering an immersive playing experience. Some of the slots also offer lucrative jackpots.
Other electronic games available at Lakeside Casino Osceola are video poker and keno.
Right now, there are 12 table games available at Lakeside. The two most popular games are blackjack and craps, but players can also enjoy three-card poker and a single poker table.
A-Play Club rewards program
All Affinity Gaming properties, including Lakeside Casino, are part of the A-Play Club rewards program. It’s a loyalty program that allows customers to collect points, progress through tiers, and receive bonuses and promotions.
There are four tiers:
- Red: 0 to 1,499 points
- Silver: 1,500 to 44,999 points
- Gold: 45,000 to 149,999 points
- Platinum: 150,000+ points
Every tier brings a new set of promotions and offers for loyal players. In the first tier, you’ll receive various promotions, birthday offers, access to concerts and sporting events, and exclusive rates for a Carnival cruise for two.
Silver members will gain access to exclusive events and tournaments. Gold members will get a 10% discount on all restaurants and gift shops associated with Affinity. Platinum members, meanwhile, will receive a 25% discount for restaurants and gift shops and get VIP dining/guest/hotel services. Moreover, they’ll have priority hotel check-in, and their hotel resort fee will be waived.
You’ll receive points for playing slots, video poker and table games. Your points are multiplied 2x when you reach the Gold tier and 3x when you reach the Platinum level. You can also redeem your points in the following way:
- 2,000 points = $1 in free play
- 4,000 points = $1 in cash
Alternatively, you can spend your points to get discounts at Affinity Gaming dining and retail outlets.
Lakeside Hotel Casino Osceola is home to sportsbooks operated by Caesars Sportsbook and DRF Sportsbook. Both offer a range of professional and collegiate sports betting options:
- Auto racing
- Boxing and MMA
Unfortunately, the sportsbook doesn’t work around the clock, so you’ll have to visit it within working hours:
- Monday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The good news is that there are also online sports betting in Iowa, so you can access a sportsbook anytime you want.
To access the sports betting offer on the web, you’ll need to download the app for your Android or iOS device. In addition, you’ll need to sign up for an account, which will make you eligible for a new-player welcome offer. If you’re in Iowa, you can bet on sports using the Caesars IA app or the DRF Sportsbook app.
Lakeside Casino Poker Room
Lakeside Casino features a small poker room with just one table and offers Texas Hold’em (limit and no-limit) along with mixed poker games. The Iowa poker room is open every day from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Lakeside Hotel Casino Amenities
The hotel at Lakeside Hotel Casino
The Lakeside Hotel features 150 rooms with views of the West Lake and the surrounding area. The hotel also includes an attached RV park that attracts adventurers from all over Iowa and other neighboring states.
There are four types of rooms:
- Deluxe Rooms: Available with one king-sized or two queen-sized beds; pet-friendly; some rooms allow smoking.
- Executive Rooms: Spacious suites available with king-sized or two queen-sized beds; personal refrigerator and microwave.
- Premier Whirlpool: Available with a king-sized bed and an amazing view of the Lakeside; whirlpool included.
- Hospitality Suite: Suitable for a small group, featuring a bar, a big living room and several bedrooms.
All rooms have the following features:
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Granite countertops
- Blackout drapes
- Iron and an ironing board
- Flat-screen TV
- Premium cable TV
The RV park offers 47 fully equipped sites with clean water, electrical hookups and a sewage system. All residents can access high-speed Wi-Fi. The daily fee for using one of the concrete pads is $30 (plus tax), and the staff is available from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Lakeside features two restaurants: Heartland Buffet and West Lake Bar & Grill.
- Heartland Buffet: Heartland Buffet offers exclusive culinary delights created by professional chefs. The buffet is budget-friendly and offers daily buffet specials every day of the week. Children 4 to 10 years old are half-price, while 3-year-olds and younger can dine for free. Some of the buffet options you’ll find are surf and turf, steak and pasta, whole hog or crab legs.
- West Lake Bar & Grill: If you enjoy casual dining or just grabbing a drink, West Lake Bar is a perfect option. It is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday to Thursday and until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Breakfast is served every day between 9 and 10:30 a.m. If you’re into omelets or bowls, you can use the build your option. Some a-la-carte items you’ll find are toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns, oatmeal, pancakes, fresh fruits and eggs. The lunch and dinner menu is much more comprehensive, offering a range of starters, bar snacks, chicken wings, soups, salads, burgers entrees and specials. You’ll also find plenty of drinks, including domestic draft beer and wine.
Lakeside Hotel Casino features an intimate entertainment venue that hosts popular acts and up-and-coming performers from all over the country. Apart from live music, the venue is home to various special events. The outdoor amphitheater can fit up to 1,200 people, but you must be 21 or older to enter.
Some of the notable performances at Lakeside have included Skid Row, The Commodores, Clint Black, Bush, Graham Nash and John Anderson.
Some of the amenities that visitors find interesting are:
- Lakeside Pool: A great pool for everyone who feels like taking a swim while enjoying the surroundings.
- Fitness Room: Featuring all necessary equipment for daily workouts along with TVs.
- Gift Shop: You’ll find plenty of items to redeem for points. If you’re an A-Play Club member, you can get significant discounts.
See All Casinos and Sportsbooks in Iowa
- Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
- Diamond Jo Casino Dubuque
- Diamond Jo Worth Casino: Sportsbook And Poker Room
- Grand Falls Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Casino Sioux City: Hotel And Sportsbook
- Harrah’s Casino Council Bluffs
- Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs: Poker Room And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo And Sportsbook
- Prairie Meadows Casino: Poker, Racetrack And Sportsbook
- Rhythm City Casino Resort And Sportsbook
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort: Slots, Poker An Sportsbook
- Wild Rose Casino Clinton
- Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Lakeside Hotel Casino History
Lakeside officially opened its doors in 2000. Back then, it was a riverboat casino that was required to cruise from April to October every year in order to operate.
The venue was acquired by Terrible Herbst Gaming in 2005 and was named Terrible’s Lakeside for a couple of years. Unfortunately, Terrible Herbst went into bankruptcy in 2009, and Affiliate Gaming acquired Lakeside, operating the casino ever since and several other properties throughout the US.
In 2007, when the law about riverboat casinos changed, many casinos in Iowa decided to become land-based. Lakeside continued to offer riverboat gambling, but the hotel and the entertainment complex were built to accompany the casino.
After legalized sports betting in Iowa, Lakeside became one of the first properties to open a sportsbook in 2019. Caesars Sportsbook provided an online sportsbook from Osceola starting Aug. 2, 2021. They added DRF Sportsbook as an online option on Jan. 25, 2022.
Nowadays, Lakeside is a popular place, especially for RV owners and campers from Iowa and other surrounding states.