Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo And Sportsbook
Isle Casino Hotel is a gaming establishment along the outskirts of Waterloo, next to the Lost Island Waterpark.
The casino features about 1,000 video slots and poker machines, 25 table games and Caesars Sportsbook, which debuted Aug. 2, 2021.
The casino gaming in Iowa is not all that Isle Waterloo has to offer. Amenities include a luxurious 195-room hotel, a meeting space that can host up to 400 people, large entertainment facilities and four dining venues.
Isle Casino Waterloo has received numerous awards and accolades, including first prizes in various categories by Strictly Slot Magazine and The Courier.
Isle Casino Waterloo
- Address: 777 Isle of Capri Blvd., Waterloo, IA 50701
- Owner and Operator: Caesars Entertainment
- Hours of Operation: 8 a.m.-3 a.m. Sundays-Thursdays, 8 a.m.-6 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays
- Casino Games: 1,000+ video slots, video poker, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps, poker
- Sportsbook: Yes, retail and online
- Poker: No, permanently closed
Iowa Casinos in the News
Isle Casino Waterloo Gambling Partnerships
On July 16, 2019, a leading sports betting company in the US announced a partnership with Isle Casino Waterloo and Isle Casino Bettendorf. Both casinos host a Caesars retail sportsbook with betting kiosks, wagering technology and an in-play betting menu. The Isle Casino in Waterloo has a 65-inch odds board and 15 HD viewing screens to provide an ultimate sports betting experience.
Casino at Isle Waterloo
Isle Casino Waterloo is a land-based casino in Iowa with 37,442 square feet of gaming space. It hosts 1,000 slot machines, including some of the most popular slot titles and various games across 25 tables.
Within the casino is the Caesars retail sportsbook. You can place bets on a selection of sports and competitions and follow up on your favorite games on the many HD TVs.
Isle is a relatively new casino. It was remodeled after being acquired by Caesars Entertainment in 2017. It showcases a beautiful interior and some of the industry’s latest equipment. Despite the multiple gaming stations, the casino is spacious. More than 3,000 patrons can be at the casino at once, with everyone having a chance to play their favorite games.
The casino staff is attentive, friendly and more than glad to help you find your favorite games.
Isle Casino features some of the hottest video slot titles in Iowa. You will have an almost endless choice of high-quality games, all of which can be played with various denominations.
Some of the casino’s most-played titles include:
- 88 Fortunes
- Lock It Link
- Buffalo Grand
- Buffalo Gold
- Lightning Link
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Quick Hit
- Wheel of Fortune
- Wonder 4 Tall Fortunes
All games have crisp graphics, exciting features, and modern gaming machines with comfortable seating. The games vary in how much you can bet, ranging from penny slots to over a dollar on each spin.
If you’re playing video slots as a member of the Caesars Rewards program, you can earn credits and redeem them for free play. Apart from video slots, Isle Casino features a great selection of video poker machines with some of the lowest house edges in the casino.
Isle Casino Waterloo offers a perfect mix of traditional and specialty table games. You can find everything from no-commission baccarat to Cajun Stud spread across 25 tables.
While the casino no longer hosts a dedicated poker room, it does have two table poker games. Heads Up Hold’em features traditional Texas Hold’em rules and betting patterns. It is also enhanced by several side bets, including trips plus, pocket and bad beat bonuses. Cajun Stud is also a popular poker variant, and Isle Casino plays it with additional bets like board and pocket bonuses and lo-ball.
You can also find the bad beat bonus at the commission-free baccarat tables. The blackjack game comes with a 21+3 side bet, and the craps tables feature a sharpshooter optional bet that rewards you if the shooter makes three points before the seven is rolled.
Here are the table games you can find at Isle Casino Waterloo:
- Blackjack 21+3
- Cajun Stud
- Commission-free baccarat
- Electronic roulette
- Heads Up Hold’em
Just like video slots, playing table games allows you to rack up tier credits on your Caesars Rewards card.
The table games at Isle Casino are open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily.
Caesars Rewards program
Isle Casino Waterloo is one of 50 destinations in the US partners with the Caesars Rewards program. All Isle casino players can become members of this program for free.
You collect tier credits every time you play video slots and table games, bet at the casino’s sportsbook, eat at participating restaurants, shop at participating outlets or stay at the casino’s hotel.
You earn one tier credit for every $5 wager on video slots, $10 wager on video poker or sports betting, and $1 spent dining or shopping. You earn five-tier credits for every $5 spent on hotel room rates. Earning tier credits on table games varies depending on the games you play, your betting average and how long you play.
Here are the levels you climb in the Caesars Rewards program:
- Gold — 0 to 3,999 tier credits
- Platinum — 4,000 to 11,999 tier credits
- Diamond — 12,000 to 19,999 tier credits
- Diamond Plus — 20,000 to 59,999 tier credits
- Diamond Elite — 60,000 to 124,999 tier credits
- Seven Stars — 125,000+ (invitation-only)
Note that your points only accumulate for a calendar year. So, every Jan. 1, the tier credits reset to zero.
The credits can be redeemed for free play at the casino, hotel discounts, buying into official WSOP events, shopping discounts, dining discounts, show tickets, and more.
Isle Waterloo Sportsbook
The Isle Casino sportsbook is provided by Caesars, a leading US sports betting operator. The sportsbook is on the casino’s main floor, and it features a vast 65-inch odds board, 15 HD television sets playing live games and a betting kiosk.
The Caesars sports betting menu includes:
Available bets include singles, parlays, futures and prop bets. You can bet on professional and collegiate games, including international competitions.
The Caesars Sportsbook at Isle Casino Waterloo is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on workdays and from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends.
Online and mobile sportsbook
For those who prefer betting on their phone, you can download the Caesars Sportsbook mobile app for free on your Apple or Android device. You can place bets, fund your account on the app.
Isle Casino and Hotel Waterloo Amenities
Isle Casino Waterloo Hotel
If you’re planning to visit the Isle Casino in Waterloo, you can book a room at the Isle’s hotel and never be more than a few minutes from the casino.
The hotel has 195 luxurious rooms equipped with air conditioning, desks, TVs with cable, pay-per-view movies, free WiFi, and mini-fridges.
You can choose between several rooms, including the king and queen suites and the deluxe king and queen rooms. There’s also a 1,400 square foot penthouse suite that accommodates up to six guests and offers a view of the Lost Island Water Park.
All guests are free to use the resort’s indoor pool and hot tub, a fitness center and the Edge Arcade game area.
Curbing your appetite is never an issue when visiting Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo. The casino has four dining venues, each with its distinctive menu:
- Farmers Pick Buffet: Get a taste of delicious breakfasts, brunches, lunches and dinners made specially by local chef Peter Shaner.
- Otis & Henry’s Steakhouse: The perfect mixture of a classy steakhouse restaurant with a neighborhood-style bar and casual grill atmosphere. Enjoy signature dishes such as fried shrimp, king crab legs, walleye, lobster tail and chicken ravioli florentine.
- Simply Yummy Baking Company: If you’re craving something sweet or you need a fresh cup of coffee to wake you up, Simply Yummy is the place to go.
- The Brew Brothers: Serving more than 50 different types of beer and over two dozen wines and cocktails, the Brew Brothers is ideal for having fun with your friends while watching live sports on one of 20 HDTVs.
See All Casinos and Sportsbooks in Iowa
- Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs
- Diamond Jo Casino Dubuque
- Diamond Jo Worth Casino: Sportsbook And Poker Room
- Grand Falls Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Casino Sioux City: Hotel And Sportsbook
- Harrah’s Casino Council Bluffs
- Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs: Poker Room And Sportsbook
- Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf And Sportsbook
- Lakeside Hotel Casino: Poker And Sportsbook
- Prairie Meadows Casino: Poker, Racetrack And Sportsbook
- Rhythm City Casino Resort And Sportsbook
- Riverside Casino & Golf Resort: Slots, Poker An Sportsbook
- Wild Rose Casino Clinton
- Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Isle Casino Waterloo History
After the Black Hawk County Gaming Association lobbied for opening a casino in this area of Iowa, Isle Casino Waterloo finally started doing business on June 30, 2007, with development costs of just over $100 million. The casino was initially operated by the Isle of Capri Casinos acquired by Caesars Entertainment (named Eldorado Resorts) in 2017.
In 2019, following the legalization of sports betting in Iowa, Isle Casino Waterloo enhanced its partnership with Caesars Entertainment, which soon opened a state-of-the-art sportsbook facility inside the casino.