Disclaimer: Bally Bet Sportsbook is unavailable in Iowa as of June 2023. The online sportsbook was shut down for maintenance reasons and will be re-launching in Iowa, although no timeline has been provided for when that will happen.
Top Iowa online sportsbook welcome bonuses in December
Bally Bet Sportsbook brings a social element to online sports betting in Iowa. It comes with social features that let you compete against your friends, copy their wagers and earn badges. The odds are competitive, you’ll find a reasonable lineup of sports to bet on.
The sportsbook app is highly intuitive, easy to use and available for Apple and Android devices.
Check out more about what’s available in this Bally Bet Sportsbook review.
Bally Bet Sportsbook Iowa sign-up bonus 2023
As of December 2023, Bally Bet does not have a welcome bonus, thus you do not need to enter a Bally Bet Sportsbook bonus code when signing up.
|Bonus Code||Coming Soon|
|Welcome Bonus||Bally Bet does not have a welcome bonus|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
Can I trust Bally Bet Sportsbook in Iowa?
Yes, Bally Bet is owned and operated by Bally’s Corp., a large casino company with 6,000-plus employees and 14 casino locations. The company, previously known as Twin River Worldwide Holdings, has slowly expanded its US operations, buying Monkey Knife Fight DFS and the Bally’s name.
Being a large and heavily regulated gambling company helps ensure Bally Bet’s legitimacy. It’s a sportsbook that appears to have had a lot of time, money and effort poured into it.
In addition, the fact that Bally Bet is licensed to operate its online sportsbook in Iowa and Colorado should reassure you that it’s trustworthy. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission ensures that all sportsbooks wanting to operate in the state meet regulatory standards. Among other things, this means legal Iowa sportsbooks like Bally Bet must have responsible gambling processes and procedures in place, as well as meeting other restrictions.
Getting started at Bally Bet Sportsbook in Iowa
If you’re 21 years or older, then you’re free to make a Bally Bet account. And the process is a simple one. Here’s how:
- Go to the Bally Bet Sportsbook site. If prompted to select a state, choose Iowa.
- Select “Join Now” at the top right of the page.
- Enter your account details: username, password and email.
- Provide your personal information: name, date of birth, phone number, last four digits of your Social Security number, and mailing address.
- Set your security questions, confirm your information is correct and accept the terms and conditions.
Once done and you’re ready to start betting, head over to the cashier and make a deposit.
How do I download the Bally Bet sports betting app?
There couldn’t be a more straightforward process. If you’d like to try the Bally Bet app, here’s how:
- Go to the Bally Bet Iowa site.
- Locate the “App” tab on the top menu bar.
- Choose either “Download for Android” or “Download on the App Store.”
- Follow your device’s installation prompts.
You can also, if you wish, use the Bally Bet website on your phone. Go to the sportsbook on your phone’s browser and you’ll get a fully mobile-optimized version of the desktop site. It should be compatible with all major browsers.
Remember, you will need to enable geolocation on your phone, which is how the app verifies your location in Iowa.
Where do I find Bally Bet promotions?
On the Bally Bet website, you can see what’s available under the “Promotions” tab in the top-left menu bar or clicking the “More” menu on the Bally Bet app. If you’re using the app, you can select the promotions option from the menu on the top left of the screen. Just select the menu and scroll down to the promotions.
Once you’ve landed, you’ll find some decent offerings. There are regular promotions for significant events. For instance, you could get cash-back bonuses as part of the start of football season. You can also get a bonus bet if the Iowa Hawkeyes football team is up three points in the fourth quarter but ends up losing and you lose your bet.
Bally Bet Iowa loyalty program
When you become a member at Bally Bet, you’re automatically a member of the Bally Rewards program. Then, for every $2 straight wager you make, you’ll receive one point. For every parlay, you’ll get the same but multiplied by the number of teams in your parlay (maxed at 10).
You can redeem points for free play at the sportsbook or cash at one of Bally’s casino locations. You can also use the points for dining and other events or other Bally merch at its retail locations.
Why should I choose the Bally Bet Sportsbook app?
Here are two things we particularly loved about the Bally Bet app while conducting our review:
- Social Play: The social play aspects of Bally Bet help set the sportsbook apart. The app has an integrated social feed where you can see what bets your friends make, who has been on the longest winning streak, who’s had the biggest win and other social stats. In addition, you can make leagues between you and your friends to see who does better over a season. Or you can adopt your friends’ wagers into your bet slip with the simple press of a button.
- Easy to Use: Some apps can be clunky. Maybe they’re hard to navigate, or they feel unintuitive. Not the Bally Bet app. Its clean interface and smart button positioning make it easy to see odds, place bets and do any admin tasks.
What won’t I like about the Bally Bet Sportsbook app?
While Bally Bet has a lot going for it, here are a couple of downsides we noted:
- Slow at Times: Like many apps, Bally Bet could be a little slow and glitchy at times. This complaint isn’t significant, but it is one that several users have reported. It depends, in part, on the device you’re using. However, on an iPhone 11, we did get some slow moments during our tests.
- Sports Selection: While we like the app (other than occasional slow moments), one downside was a lack of some sports. In total, there are 11 sports you can bet on, which, realistically, isn’t a lot. We’d like to see some expansion here.
- No welcome bonus: It’s definitely disappointing that Bally Bet Iowa does not have a welcome bonus currently.
What kind of bets can I make at Bally Bet Sportsbook?
Bally Bet offers all the significant and most common sportsbook bets, including the following:
- Moneyline: Bet on one side or the other to win the game. For example, if the Iowa Hawkeyes play the Colorado State Rams, you could place a moneyline bet on the Hawkeyes to win.
- Total: Bet on the total combined score of a game. These bets are known as over/unders because you’re betting on the total score being over or under a line that the sportsbook sets. For example, you might think the Hawkeyes vs. Rams game will be a high-scoring affair, so you bet that the total will be over 50.5 points.
- Spread: In this case, you’re betting on the point difference between the two teams. For example, the Hawkeyes might be favored by 4.5 points, so you could bet on them to win by five or more if you wanted.
- Parlays: A collection of bets grouped into a single wager. This high-risk wager can increase your potential payout by a significant amount, but you win nothing if you don’t get all of your picks correct. For example, you might have a spread bet on the Hawkeyes, but you might also have a moneyline bet on the Baylor Bears to win and another on the Arizona Wildcats to win.
In addition to the bets above, there are bets tailored to specific sports, too. You can place round bets on golf or bets on the type of win in MMA. Likewise, you can bet on the knockout round in boxing.
What do the odds look like at Bally Bet?
Here’s an example of what a game listing might look like at Bally Bet:
|Iowa Hawkeyes||+4.5 (-110)||Over 46 (-110)||+165|
|Iowa State Cyclones||-4.5 (-110)||Under 46 (-110)||-190|
Let’s take a moment to break this down, starting with the moneyline odds. The odds will appear as either a negative or positive number. The negative odds tell you how much money you’d have to wager on that outcome to win a profit of $100. The positive odds tell you how much money you’d stand to win on a successful $100 bet.
The odds quickly tell us another key piece of information: which team is the favorite. The favorite is the team with the negative moneyline odds since a bet on that side would involve wagering more to win less.
In the example above, you can see the Hawkeyes have +165 odds and the Cyclones are at -190. The Cyclones’ negative odds mean that if you were to bet on them to win, you’d have to commit $190 to win $100. The Hawkeyes’ positive odds mean that if you were to bet on them, a bet of $100 would win $165 if correct.
Turning to the total, we can see that the sportsbook has set the line for total points in the game at 46, so you could wager on the actual score to be over or under that amount.
The numbers on the spread, meanwhile, mean that if you were to bet on the Cyclones at -4.5, they’d have to “beat” that number to win; i.e., they’d have to win by more than 4.5 points. Conversely, if you were to bet on the Hawkeyes, then they’d have to lose by fewer than 4.5 points or win the game outright.
Can I bet on the Cyclones at Bally Bet?
As we mentioned above, there aren’t a ton of sports to bet on at Bally Bet, with about 11 total. However, as you might have gathered, college betting is legal in Iowa, with no restrictions on in-state team betting, which means you can bet on the Iowa State Cyclones at Bally Bet.
This also means you can bet on the Hawkeyes as well as some games for the Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers. Because Iowa has no major professional teams, there wouldn’t be much in-state action without college betting.
The one restriction on college betting in Iowa is that you can’t place prop bets on individual college athletes at the state’s sportsbooks.
How do I get money on (and off!) Bally Bet Sportsbook quickly?
Bally Bet is similar to other sportsbooks in that it has fewer withdrawal methods than deposit methods. However, it’s quite atypical in having so few banking methods in general. At Bally Bet, there are only three deposit methods and two withdrawal methods.
- Debit card
The minimum deposit across all methods is $10. The maximum single deposit is $2,000.
Processing times for withdrawals at Bally Bet can take up to 48 hours, plus however long it takes the method you chose to get you the money.
How do I get help at Bally Bet Sportsbook?
Bally Bet has three ways for you to speak to customer service:
- Live chat
- Phone: 844-844-3238
- Email: [email protected]
The phone and the live chat are the most responsive methods, so use those if you need immediate help with a problem. Bypass the chatbot by immediately selecting “Get in touch.” We were third in line in our testing, and we were speaking with an agent in less than two minutes.
The customer service lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can speak to an agent on live chat at any time you need.
If you’re a do-it-yourself sort of person, then the Bally Bet FAQ can be helpful. While we were browsing, we found answers to common questions and walkthroughs on specific processes at the site.
How do I exclude myself from Bally Bet?
If you feel you need to self-exclude from Bally Bet, there’s a mechanism in place. It’s called the “indefinite lockout,” and it can last from five years to permanently.
If you choose to activate the lockout, you will no longer have access to any aspect of your account or the site. The sportsbook will return any money you had in your account via mail and cancel any outstanding bets, and you forfeit any bonuses or promotions. To start a lockout, go to “Responsible Gaming,” then “Indefinite Lockout.” Chose the amount of time you want to be excluded for, and explain to Bally Bet why you’re leaving.
If you want to curtail your gambling less drastically, then you can also set limits. At Bally Bet, you can put daily, weekly and monthly limits on the amount of time you spend on the site, the amount of money you deposit or the amount you wager in total. To set these limits, again go to “Responsible Gaming,” then “Budget Tools” and select the relevant limit.
Can I bet at Bally Bet Sportsbook in person?
Bally Bet doesn’t maintain an in-person sportsbook in Iowa. Instead, it offers only its online sportsbook.
If you’re out of state for some reason, then you can visit one of Bally Bet’s retail locations. As we mentioned above, there are 14 retail locations, and you can find them all on the Bally retail locations page.
How does Bally Bet compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
First, what sets Bally Bet apart is its social play aspects. These social features let you compete against your friends in a league, adopt their bets, and earn badges and stats. You can quickly add your friends by using a QR code. This is a feature that few other sportsbooks offer.
Second, as we’ve mentioned above, Bally Bet doesn’t offer too many sports. Whereas other sites in Iowa, like DraftKings or Caesars, offer more. This is only a downside, though, if you want to bet on more niche sports.
Third, the odds at Bally are generally in line with what you can expect to find at other Iowa sportsbooks. Overall, we wouldn’t hesitate in suggesting Bally Bet for Iowa players.
Bally Bet Sportsbook FAQ
Does Bally Bet Sportsbook in Iowa have a welcome bonus?
No, Bally Bet Iowa does not have a welcome offer for new users currently.
Are Bally Bet lines comparable to other sportsbooks in Iowa?
Yes, Bally lines are comparable to other Iowa sportsbooks. You may find better odds elsewhere for some games and worse for others, but Bally Bet is not out of line with its numbers.
What is the minimum deposit at Bally Bet?
The minimum deposit at Bally Bet is $10 for all of the payment methods. The maximum deposit is $2,000 for a single transaction.
Can I bet on college sports using the Bally Bet app?
Yes, you can bet on college sports at Bally Bet. You also can bet on in-state college teams in Iowa, but you can’t place any prop bets on individual college athletes.
How do I get paid if I win?
If you win, you can withdraw your money in one of two ways: Play+ card or via e-check.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Bally Bey online?
No, you don’t need the app. Instead, you can use the Bally bet website, either on a computer or mobile device. They have the same functionality and available bets as the app.