Circa Sports became the 16th legal online sportsbook in Iowa with its launch on Oct. 7, 2021. Founded in 2019, Circa Sports is the online sports betting brand of Circa Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
With the Iowa launch, Circa Sports is available in three states — Nevada and Colorado are the two others. With no active welcome bonus available yet, how does Circa Sports, an app-only sports betting platform in Iowa, stack up to the competition in the state?
Circa Sportsbook bonus code for Iowa in 2023
Circa Sports did not have a welcome bonus at the time of this review.
|Online Sportsbook||Circa Sportsbook Iowa|
|Circa Sports Iowa Bonus Code||There is none|
|Circa Sports Sign Up Bonus||Not currently available|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Circa Sportsbook Iowa welcome bonus — the fine print!
With no Circa Sportsbook sign-up bonus available, there is no fine print to read. This is unfortunate, as sign-up bonuses are key to the success of an online sportsbook.
To be fair, Circa Sports is a newer online sports betting entity, so this will almost certainly change. However, Circa Sports is going to be behind the competition until it offers something in the form of a deposit bonus, bonus bet, or something similar.
Circa Iowa sportsbook promotions
Circa Sports does not list any promotions on its website at the moment.
Can I trust Circa Sportsbook in Iowa?
Yes, Circa is a trustworthy company. While it only launched in 2019, it has already gained the approval of sports betting regulators in three states. Additionally, there is a land-based casino and resort in Las Vegas that is more than 8,000 square feet.
Partnered with Wild Rose Jefferson in Iowa, Circa Sports received approval to operate in the state in April 2021 from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
How to create a Circa Sportsbook account in Iowa
At the moment, Circa Sports is available only via mobile betting in Iowa, so before doing anything, you’ll need to download the app. Then, when you open the Circa mobile app, you’ll find the registration button in the upper right corner.
To create an account, you’ll need to be 21 or older. And to place any bets, you’ll need to be in Iowa. The registration process takes place on just one page, and you will need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social Security number
- Circa password
- Agreement to the terms and conditions
After that, Circa will confirm your details. In some cases, you may need to provide more proof of your identity after the registration process. This could happen if you’ve moved recently, for example. If this happens, you may need to provide a copy of a government-issued ID, for instance.
Circa Sportsbook app
The Circa Sports app is available for both iOS and Android devices, and at the moment it’s the only way you can bet at the sportsbook in Iowa. This could change in the future, though, as the sportsbook does offer online betting in Colorado.
To download, you can visit the Circa Sports website, select your state (in this case, Iowa), and you will see links to download the app for your device. The iOS link will take you directly to the App Store, while the Android download is a direct download on the site, so you may need to adjust your security settings to allow downloads from unknown sources.
Best features of the Circa Sports app
- Easy-to-use interface: Without a rewards program or promotions, the Circa Sportsbook app is straightforward and easy to understand. The sports that you can bet on are on a horizontal menu across the app, and that’s really all you need to worry about. It is bare-bones, but it is also easy to figure out.
- Mobile-only: With Circa Sportsbook being mobile-only in Iowa, there’s no way to get confused in terms of how to claim promotional offers when they become available. With other online sportsbooks, some offers may be mobile-only or desktop-only.
How could Circa Sportsbook improve?
- No welcome bonus: It’s a bit disappointing that there is no welcome bonus available at Circa Sports at the moment.
- No other promotions: Piggybacking off the no welcome bonus, there are no promotions at Circa Sportsbook Iowa at all. Again, a lot of other sportsbooks will typically have at least one additional promotion to make playing more exciting after the welcome bonus has been used.
- Limited banking options: Across the board at all Circa Sportsbook states, you can only fund your account using a Play+ Card. Having just one method for performing transactions is the ultimate head-scratcher when compared to the various other methods that are possible to have.
Types of bets available at Circa Sportsbook
- Moneylines: When making a moneyline wager, you’re picking one side to win the game straight up.
- Totals: Also known as over/unders, totals are when you wager on whether the combined score of a game will go over or under the line that the sportsbook has set.
- Point spreads: Point spreads are a mechanism designed to balance the field of play. For example, if you bet on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as +3 underdogs, the Bucs effectively have a three-point cushion. You win your bet if they win the game but also if they lose by two or fewer points.
- Parlays: With parlays, you are combining multiple wagers on one ticket. When wagering this way, you will see the potential for a higher payout. This is because all your picks must be correct or you win nothing.
- Teasers: Essentially, these are parlays where you can manipulate the lines of each individual bet in your favor. You’ll see a lower potential profit than for parlays, though.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes, such as wagering on which team you think will win the next Super Bowl months in advance.
- Props: Bet on smaller aspects within a game, including on individual players (quarterback passing yards or pitcher strikeouts) or on a team or the entire game (total punts, total strikeouts, total 3-point attempts).
Can I bet on the Hawkeyes at Circa?
With no professional sports teams in Iowa, the state often looks to the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and their football program as one of the more accomplished sports teams in the state.
While some states do not allow for you to wager on college teams based in the same state, that is not the case in Iowa — you can wager on the Hawkeyes. The other popular college team in the state is the Iowa State Cyclones, on which you can also wager.
When it comes to college sports bets, though, note that Iowa does not allow you to place prop bets on individual college athletes.
Banking options at Circa Sportsbook
Circa Iowa lists one banking method at the moment — a Play+ card. To get this, you will need to register for it on the Circa online sportsbook app. You can then load the card with funds to use for betting. To withdraw, you must connect your bank account to the Play+ card so that your winnings, after you withdraw them to your card, can then be routed to your bank account.
How to contact Circa customer support
Circa has just one method for reaching out to customer support — email. You can email Circa Sportsbook at any time, and it asks for you to provide the following information, especially for “technical issues or trouble with your account”:
- Contact number
- Description of your issue
- Screenshots of the problem
Responsible gambling at Circa
On the app for Circa Sports, you can find the link to the responsible gambling page by clicking on “Support” on the menu along the bottom of the app.
Once you’re there, you’ll find an entire section dedicated to how you can self-exclude from the platform. To do so, you can email [email protected]. In contacting Circa Sports, you can decide on the amount of time for your self-exclusion.
You can then reach out to Circa if you ever wish to reverse the self-exclusion, and your account will then be accessible within 24 hours after Circa approves your request.
Can I bet at Circa Sportsbook in person?
As of right now, Circa Sportsbook is only available online. While Circa has a land-based partner in Wild Rose Casino & Resort in Jefferson, Iowa, the in-person sportsbook at that casino is DraftKings Iowa.
Is Circa the best sportsbook in Iowa?
Circa is still a new online sportsbook, so with time things could improve. With that said, as of right now, it’s difficult to make an argument as to why you should wager there over other online sportsbooks.
Circa online sportsbook in Iowa doesn’t have anything that other online sportsbooks do not, and it is missing some key features, such as a welcome bonus and additional promotions. Beyond that, there is just one customer support method, no rewards program, and there are limited methods of depositing and withdrawing.
Circa Sportsbook FAQ
What is the Circa Sportsbook promo code?
There is currently no welcome bonus available at Circa Sportsbook in Iowa, so there’s no promo code.
Is Circa Sportsbook licensed in Iowa?
Yes, Circa Sportsbook became the 16th betting option in Iowa, officially going live on Oct. 7, 2021. Circa Sports partnered with Wild Rose Casino & Resort in Jefferson.
How does Circa Sports compare to Bovada?
If there is any sportsbook Circa Sportsbook will have the upper hand on immediately, it is an offshore sportsbook like Bovada.
Circa Sportsbook may have its issues compared to legal sportsbooks in the United States, but when it comes to comparing it to Bovada, it will always be the desired location. Bovada is not a legal online sportsbook in the United States, meaning it does not have the same protections in place that legal Iowa sportsbooks offer.
What is the minimum deposit at Circa Sportsbook?
At Circa Sportsbook, you will need to make a minimum deposit of $20 upon opening your account. From there, the minimum deposit is $10.
Do I need to download the app to bet at Circa Sports?
Yes. While you can wager via the Circa Sports website in Colorado, in Iowa it’s available only via app.