Disclaimer: Fubo Sportsbook Iowa is no longer accepting bets. In October 2022, parent company FuboTV announced it was closing all its sportsbooks permanently. We recommend signing up with these Iowa sportsbooks:
Fubo Sportsbook is an online sports betting platform linked to fuboTV. The sportsbook went live in the last quarter of 2021 in Iowa and Arizona, and it has market access to eight other states.
The quick expansion is impressive, but we want to know exactly what Fubo Sportsbook has to offer. To truly captivate players, it will need to make a splash. To start with, it offers all new players a bonus bet of up to $1,000 when they sign up with Fubo Sportsbook Iowa and enter the bonus code BETBONUS. But are the other features of this sportsbook as enticing? Below, we’ll review everything Fubo Sportsbook has to offer.
Fubo Sportsbook promo code Iowa 2024
When you sign up at Fubo Sportsbook, use the Fubo bonus code BETBONUS for your first bet to be bonus for up to a maximum of $1,000. Within 72 hours of placing their first bet, new players will also receive an email with instructions to redeem a free month of fuboTV.
|Fubo Sportsbook Iowa
|Fubo Iowa Bonus Code
|Fubo Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
|bonus bet up to $1,000; free month of fuboTV
Fubo welcome bonus — the fine print!
Once you’ve created your Fubo Iowa account and entered the Fubo Sportsbook bonus code BETBONUS, you’ll need to deposit some money into your account and place your first bet. If that bet loses, the sportsbook will refund your losses in bonus credits within 48 hours of the bet settling.
- Players must wager at least $1 during the first 30 days after opening an account to qualify for this promotion.
- Your first bet must have odds of -200 or greater. This means that if you place a bet at odds of +150, it is eligible, but a wager at odds of -250 isn’t.
Once you receive the refund, you’ll have to wager it once within 30 days, at which point any winnings will be yours to do with as you wish.
This promotion also offers all new players a free month of fuboTV, which you can redeem by following the instructions you’ll receive via email. In case you already have a fuboTV account, you will receive a credit of $75.98 plus applicable taxes, which means you can still benefit from this welcome perk.
Can I trust Fubo Sportsbook in Iowa?
Fubo online sportsbook is a safe and secure sports betting platform for all players in Iowa. Not only does it have the backing of fuboTV, but it has also received an operating license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
Moreover, the fact that the sportsbook has already received market access to 10 states showcases that it meets all the necessary requirements to be considered a trustworthy betting provider. At the same time, Fubo Sportsbook also meets all the privacy standards when it comes to your personal and banking data, regardless of the payment method you select to use.
Nevertheless, the legality of sports betting online in Iowa doesn’t rely solely on the platform: Players must be at least 21 years old and physically present in the state to legally wager on sports.
How to create a Fubo account in Iowa
The user experience at Fubo Sportsbook is solid from the moment you first visit the website. Once you’re at the sportsbook, the registration process is simple and intuitive:
- Input your personal details and select a password.
- Fill in your complete address.
- Insert the Fubo Iowa promo code BETBONUS to benefit from the welcome bonus.
- Check the necessary boxes regarding the terms and conditions.
- Introduce your Social Security number.
- Complete the registration process.
The website will validate your information and you’ll receive a confirmation email. If it runs into any issues, you’ll need to upload a government-issued photo ID to verify your account. From that moment onward, you can start betting at Fubo Iowa Sportsbook.
Fubo Sportsbook app
Those who like to bet on the go might want to download the Fubo app, as for the time being it’s not possible to place bets via your mobile browser.
Currently, the Fubo Sportsbook Iowa app is available for iOS devices. To download it, visit the Fubo Sportsbook website on your phone or tablet, select Iowa as your state, and select the “Download on the App Store” button.
That will take you to the correct download page on the App Store, and you can complete the download from there. You’ll then be able to log in and start betting if you wish.
Where do I find Fubo promotions?
Another difference between Fubo Sportsbook and many of its competitors is that it doesn’t have a separate page for promotions.
All the active promos and betting bonuses will appear on the top banner of the homepage, right above the sports tabs. This means you can access all the betting markets and promotions in one place. At the time of this review, there were two Fubo Sportsbook promotions available:
- The welcome bonus we already talked about — bonus bet up to $1,000 for new players plus a free month of fuboTV. Just be sure to enter the Fubo code BETBONUS
The promotions also appear in the app’s top banner, which automatically changes to showcase all the bonuses.
Best features of Fubo Sportsbook Iowa
- Top-notch usability and betting experience: First impressions matter in all situations, including in sports betting, and Fubo impresses. Both the website and the app have intuitive layouts and clean designs, which makes it easy to navigate and find information.
- Good offering of sports: Apart from the quality of the odds, the variety of sports is one of the first things to look for at a new book. At Fubo Sportsbook, you’ll find coverage of both national and international leagues and contests. Top options such as football betting and basketball betting are there, but you’ll also find things like Formula One racing and if they’re going on at the time, the Olympics.
- Useful help desk: The help section offers a lengthy list of topics, from account management to betting. You’ll find several comprehensive guides on various aspects of betting and using the app, along with answers to frequently asked questions.
What won’t I like about the Fubo Sportsbook app?
- Slow loading times on browser: Although the Fubo mobile app is well-designed and offers excellent usability, it does come with one downside: The loading times can be lengthy. However, while you may have to wait for two or three seconds for the page to load, the good news is that once it does, you shouldn’t have any more issues.
- Live betting still underdeveloped: Fubo Sportsbook has a dedicated tab for live betting. It doesn’t offer any type of live streaming, however, nor does it offer up-to-date statistics on the events it covers. This is a downside for those who like the thrill of live betting, particularly since these features are available at some competitors.
- No early cash-outs: Still connected to the live betting feature, Fubo doesn’t have any cash-out options available. This means that you’ll have no options in case your bet doesn’t go according to plan.
Types of sports bets available at Fubo Iowa
Fubo Sportsbook is on par with its competitors when it comes to offering the standard bets:
- Moneylines: Bet on the team you believe will win the game. The betting odds for moneylines are related to a team’s probability of winning. This means that if you bet on the underdog, you can receive a higher payout, but you’ll also face a higher risk. On the other hand, the favorite offers greater chances of winning, but your potential payout will be less.
- Spreads: A spread wager is a handicap bet, which means that there is a line that each team must cross for you to win the bet. For instance, if a team is a -5.5 favorite, you will need to win by six points or more for your online spread bet on it to win.
- Totals: Often called over/under wagers, these are bets on the total combined score of a game. As an example, let’s say Iowa and Iowa State are playing in football. In that case, the total line might be 48.5. If you choose over, the total number of points both teams score during the game must be 49 or more for you to win the bet.
- Parlays: This is a type of bet in which you combine multiple picks. To win the parlay wager, all your picks must be correct. This means that if you make five picks and only four are right, you lose. The good news is that if you get them all right, the payout can be quite high.
- Futures: As the name indicates, futures wagers are associated with longer-term outcomes. For instance, you can place a futures bet on who will win the Stanley Cup or who is going to be the MVP in myriad leagues.
- Live bets: This type of bet allows you to wager on games while they are still happening. In game betting is ideal for players who enjoy the thrill of watching a match while making their picks according to what is happening on the field.
Can I bet on the Hawkeyes at Fubo?
Yes, you can bet on in-state college teams in Iowa, which means that you can bet on the University of Iowa Hawkeyes at Fubo Sportsbook. Other in-state options that you might find include the Iowa State Cyclones, Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers. Note, however, that Iowa law prohibits you from wagering on individual college athletes.
How to deposit and cash out on the Fubo app
Players can make deposits via the following payment methods at Fubo Sportsbook in Iowa. Fubo doesn’t charge players any fees for deposits. However, your bank might charge you a cash advance fee per transaction on debit card deposits:
- Debit card
- VIP Preferred (ACH)
- Sightline Play+
Iowa does not allow sportsbook deposits via credit card.
You can request withdrawals from your account at Fubo via the Sightline Play+ virtual wallet and VIP Preferred (ACH). The fastest option is Play+, as the transaction usually clears within two business days. For the other option, you may need to wait up to five business days to receive your withdrawal.
How to contact Fubo customer support
As mentioned before, one of the strengths of Fubo Sportsbook is its help center. There are several categories that players can select, and each covers the basics. There’s information on account registration and verification, the types of wagers you can place, the terms and conditions of the promotions and more.
This same section also offers an FAQ page where you can find the answers to the most common questions that players have had. In case you can’t find the information you’re looking for, you can also reach out to customer support via the following methods:
- Live chat
- Submitting a request via the contact form
Responsible gambling at Fubo
Fubo Sportsbook provides comprehensive information on responsible gambling on the help desk page.
Players can set deposit and wager limits in their account settings, as well as temporarily suspend their account for a set period. If you’d like to reactivate your account in the future, you’ll have to wait until the timeout period has lapsed.
Can I bet at Fubo Sportsbook in person?
Although Fubo Sportsbook has a partnership with the Casino Queen Marquette, at the time of this review, you could only wager on sports online. This could change going forward, though.
How does Fubo compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
Fubo Sportsbook is on par with several of its Iowa competitors, but it also has some advantages that you might not find elsewhere. For instance, when it comes to client satisfaction, the Fubo app ranks among the top sports betting apps on the App Store.
Moreover, the Fubo Sportsbook welcome bonus is solid, as are the sports betting options. There are some areas the book could improve, as well, but overall it appears to be worth a try for Iowa bettors.
Fubo Sportsbook FAQ
What is the Fubo bonus code?
Use the code BETBONUS during the registration process to receive a bonus bet for up to $1,000 plus a free month of fuboTV.
What is the minimum age to bet at Fubo Sportsbook in Iowa?
You must be at least 21 years old to legally bet at Fubo or any other online sportsbook in Iowa.
Does Fubo let you cash out bets early?
Not at the time of this review, no. While this is a disadvantage, it’s one that the sportsbook may remedy in the future.
How do I get paid if I win?
Players can choose one of two payment methods to withdraw their winnings: Play+ or VIP Preferred (ACH). The first option is the fastest, with transactions generally happening within 48 hours. If you use VIP Preferred, it might take up to five business days.
How do you bypass the Fubo app location?
You can’t bypass the location feature on the Fubo online sportsbook Iowa app. This is a legal sportsbook, which means that it follows the requirements of the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. You must share your location while betting to demonstrate that you are within Iowa.