DISCLAIMER: MAXIMBET SPORTSBOOK WILL NOT LAUNCH IN IOWA. IN NOVEMBER 2022, MAXIMBET ANNOUNCED IT WAS CLOSING ITS ONLINE SPORTSBOOKS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. IOWA SPORTS BETTORS CAN SIGN UP WITH ANY OF THESE SPORTSBOOKS RIGHT NOW AND CLAIM A VALUABLE WELCOME BONUS.
Add MaximBet to the list of Iowa online sportsbooks that are worth betting with in the Hawkeye State. When you sign up with MaximBet, the sportsbook will match your initial deposit dollar for dollar, up to $150.
This page will cover the key aspects of this online sportsbook for Iowa. That includes your deposit and withdrawal options, the types of bets you can place and your options for getting help if you experience any problems.
We also go over the MaximBet welcome bonus in more detail and the promotions that the sportsbook provides. And finally, we look at how MaximBet stacks up against other sportsbooks in the state.
MaximBet Sportsbook Iowa promo code 2023
To claim the bonus, create an account as a new player and make a $10 or more deposit. MaximBet will then match it in bet credits, topping out at $150.
|Iowa Sportsbook||MaximBet Sportsbook|
|MaximBet Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Deposit Match||100% up to $150|
|Closed in||November 2022|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
MaximBet Iowa welcome bonus — the fine print
While the MaximBet deposit bonus is not as simple as making a deposit and doubling your money, the good news is that it’s not overly complicated, either.
Claiming the deposit bonus
- Register for a new online account with MaximBet.
- Deposit $10 or more. The matching bonus will apply only to your first deposit.
- The matching credits will show up in your account within 72 hours.
Releasing bet credits
You can wager the bet credits immediately, and they are subject to a 1x playthrough requirement before you make any withdrawals. So, if you deposited $50, you would receive $50 in bet credits and then need to wager $50 before you could do anything with your winnings from the bet credits.
Any time you receive bet credits at MaximBet, including the welcome offer, they will expire in seven days. You will lose out on any that you don’t use within that time.
How to use the bet credits
Start by selecting a bet like normal. Then near the bottom of your bet slip, you should see a line that reads “use bet credit” with a box next to it. Click the box and the bet will use your credits.
One negative to the offer is that the value of the bet credits does not transfer over if your bet wins. For example, if you won a $50 bet with odds of -110, you would only get $45.45 in your account.
How does the MaximBet welcome bonus stack up?
It’s hard to make a case for MaximBet’s welcome bonus being the best in the state. We consider the bonus bet welcome bonuses at PointsBet and FanDuel to be better. However, those offers being better does not mean MaximBet’s is bad. The 1x playthrough rate is great, and overall it is a quality welcome bonus, just not the best in Iowa.
Can I trust MaximBet Sportsbook?
Yes, MaximBet has a license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission, which would not have happened if it was not a trustworthy sportsbook. MaximBet originally went by SportsBetting.com and had launched in Colorado before its Iowa debut. Additionally, there are plans to launch online books in New Jersey, Indiana and potentially more states.
How old do you have to be to wager at MaximBet in Iowa?
You must be 21 or older to legally wager at MaximBet or any other online sportsbooks in Iowa. When you sign up, the sportsbook will check your age and identity. If you are not of age, you will not be able to open an account.
Do you have to be in Iowa to bet with MaximBet?
Yes, MaximBet’s app and website use geolocation technology to track your location whenever you are signed in. As long as you’re within Iowa, you can bet. If you don’t allow the location tracker or you’re not in the state, you won’t be able to do so.
Getting started at MaximBet sports betting in Iowa
It takes at most a few minutes to open an account at MaximBet. You’ll begin at the registration page and need to provide the following details:
- Name (first and last)
- Address (does not have to be in Iowa)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You also must enter a secure password and confirm you are at least 21 years of age. As soon as you’ve applied, you can make a deposit, have the sportsbook match it up to $150 and then start betting.
How do I download the MaximBet app?
MaximBet’s app makes it easy to place and track bets using your smartphone or tablet. It is available for Android and iOS devices, and downloading it is a breeze. Begin by opening MaximBet’s app download page on your mobile device, then follow these instructions:
How to download the MaximBet Android app
- Tap the “Get it on Google Play” button.
- The Google Play Store then opens to MaximBet Sportsbook’s installation page.
- Tap “Install,” and in a few moments, the app will be ready to use.
How to download the MaximBet iOS app
- Tap the button labeled “Download on the App Store.”
- The Apple App Store will launch and open to the MaximBet Sportsbook page.
- Click “Get” to start the installation process. As soon as it finishes, you can begin using the app.
Where do I find MaximBet promotions?
When you click the promotions link, you’ll see what MaximBet offers. Since there’s no telling when the new offers will appear, we recommend checking back to see what’s available.
Are there odds boosts at MaximBet?
Yes, you can find each day’s boosted bets by clicking the “Odds boosts” icon. It’s a little bit of a hassle to see all the odds boosts because you can only view them one at a time. And while many of the boosted odds wagers are slightly better than what you’ll find at other Iowa sportsbooks, most of them are capped at bets of $25. It’s pretty standard to cap odds boosts at $50, so that’s why this is a bit of a letdown.
How does the Parlay Party promotion work?
Parlay Party is MaximBet’s standing parlay promotion, and it means you can win bonus bet credits as long as your parlay of four to seven legs wins.
The biggest thing you need to be aware of with this bonus is that for your parlay to qualify, all bets in it must have odds of -200 or longer. You receive the bet credits based on a percentage basis of your winnings:
- Four legs = 25% of winnings
- Five legs = 50%
- Six legs = 75%
- Seven legs = 100%
So, if you hit a five-leg parlay and won $100, you would receive $50 in bet credits. The maximum in bonus bet credits that you can receive this way is $1,000.
How do you opt into MaximBet promotions?
You don’t. Instead of having to opt in, all you need to do is follow the betting requirements, and you’ll be eligible for the stated promotion.
Why should I choose the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the things MaximBet does well:
- Welcome Offer: We love welcome bonuses that are simple to understand and don’t force you to bet tons of money to qualify for them. And that’s exactly the case with MaximBet’s welcome bonus. All it takes to get $150 worth of bonus bets is a deposit of the same amount and then $150 worth of wagers. Simple, easy and a great way to start things off with MaximBet.
- Daily odds Boosts: The boosted odds you’ll find at MaximBet are easily some of the best we’ve seen in Iowa. We do wish that the sportsbook didn’t cap wagers at $25, but if that’s the price we have to pay for quality odds boosts, we’ll take it.
- Round-the-Clock Customer Support: Don’t sleep on 24/7 customer support. Naturally, in a perfect world, you would never need help. But since we don’t live in an ideal world, you’ll be glad that MaximBet has representatives waiting to help you no matter the time of day or night.
What won’t I like about the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
While MaximBet is a good sportsbook, it’s not perfect. There are a few areas that it could improve upon:
- No Loyalty Club: It is always disappointing to find out that an online sportsbook doesn’t have a rewards club. While MaximBet does run promotions at times where you can receive rewards based on how much you wager, it’s not a standing offer.
- Confusing Promotions: We hate seeing promotions and bonuses that are hard to understand. Even worse is when it feels as if a sportsbook is purposefully hiding a critical piece of information. But that’s precisely what MaximBet does from time to time. You’ll see promos for various sports where the main offer says you’ll gain a reward for the team from which you bet. Then when you read the terms and conditions, you realize you only get the bonus if your team loses. Make sure to always read through each promotion at MaximBet very carefully.
- Lack of Prop Betting Options: MaximBet also tends not to offer many prop bets, even for some major sports. For example, it’s not uncommon to click on a regular-season Major League Baseball game and find zero player props available. If all you plan on wagering on are spreads, moneylines and over/unders, you’ll be fine, but if this is a deal-breaker, we suggest checking out PointsBet, FanDuel or DraftKings, instead.
What kind of bets can I make at MaximBet?
Moneyline, spread and total odds are available and displayed on the main pages for all sports. Clicking on games allows you to see all the available prop bets while going to league pages lets you check out the futures options.
You also can group wagers and make parlay and round robins bets. And thanks to live betting, you can wager on games that are already underway. Here’s an example of what a game listing might look like:
|Green Bay Packers||+6.5 (-114)||+230||Over 52.5 (-108)|
|Kansas City Chiefs||-6.5 (-107)||-263||Under 52.5 (-110)|
Spread, moneyline and total betting explained
These are the three most common types of bets you’ll find at MaximBet. Let’s go over them here.
- Spreads: For the Packers-Chiefs game above, the spread is 6.5 and Kansas City is favored, which you can tell because its spread number is negative. As the favorite, the Chiefs will have 6.5 points removed from their total if you bet on them. If you bet on the Packers, meanwhile, they get 6.5 points added to their total. So, would your spread bet win if you wagered on Green Bay and the final score was Chiefs 31, Packers 28? Yes, it would because Green Bay lost by fewer than 6.5 points.
- Moneylines: These bets are even easier to understand because you only have to bet on which team will win a game straight up (no spread involved). The key here is understanding how odds work. Negative numbers mean you would have to bet that amount of money to win $100 potentially. Positive numbers indicate that’s how much you could win if you were to bet $100. So here, a $100 wager on Green Bay stands to win $230, while a $263 bet on Kansas City stands to win $100.
- Totals or Over/Unders: For these wagers, you’re betting on how many combined points both teams will score. You either bet over or under. So if the final score was 31-28, over bets would win because 59 is more than 52.5.
Betting on props at MaximBet
Prop bets are equivalent to side bets that you make on games. These can be bets you make on players (Travis Kelce to score the game’s first touchdown), teams (Green Bay to have under 7.5 accepted penalties) or for the game itself (the game will go to overtime). However, at this time, MaximBet tends to have fewer prop bets than you’ll find at many sportsbooks in Iowa.
Understanding parlay and round robin bets
Parlays and round robins each involve combining multiple wagers. This WAGER offers the potential for more significant profits than you would get on individual bets; however, there is some high risk involved.
Round robins, meanwhile, give you a little bit of a cushion. That’s because they create smaller parlays out of your picks. For instance, using the same four selections, you could choose a “2’s x 6” round robin. That means you’ll end up making six two-team parlays. This way, you can still win some money if you don’t get all of the picks correct.
Futures and live betting at MaximBet
Lastly, we have two ways to bet on the opposite ends of the spectrum: futures and live betting. Futures betting involves placing long-term wagers. If you pick the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl, that is a futures bet. You also could bet on them to win the AFC West or the AFC overall. In addition to team futures, you can also wager on individual players. A popular choice would be betting on Patrick Mahomes to win the NFL MVP award.
With live betting, you can bet on games after they have started. Maybe you didn’t get your bet in on time, or perhaps you see a team down early and think it can still rally and win. Currently, MaximBet does not allow for wagering on what will happen during the next play in a game, but we have to think it will be available sometime soon.
Can I bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes and Iowa State Cyclones at MaximBet?
Yes, on top of bet on NCAA games at MaximBet, you can also wager on in-state college teams in Iowa. In addition to bet on the Hawkeyes and Cyclones, you can wager on the Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa Panthers. However, what you won’t find is any prop bets on individual college athletes. That’s because Iowa law does not allow such wagers.
How do I get money on (and off) MaximBet Sportsbook quickly?
Right now, the banking selection is less than ideal at MaximBet in Iowa. You can use a Mastercard or Visa debit card. The options for withdrawals are Skrill and Mazooma.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Visa, Mastercard Debit Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
How do I get help at MaximBet Sportsbook?
Thanks to the live chat feature, you can get help from MaximBet 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Just tap “24×7 Chat,” and you’ll be able to chat directly with a representative day or night.
When you select the chat option, you also will have the chance to send an email or request a call back if that is what you prefer. On top of those options, we suggest checking out MaximBet’s FAQ page. There you will find a variety of answers to the most common questions.
How do I exclude myself from MaximBet?
If you are interested in excluding yourself from MaximBet Iowa or imposing various deposit and wager restrictions on your account, you can do so.
You need to be logged into your account. Once you are, click on your account and then select “Limits and responsible gaming.” On the following screen, you will be able to put limits on the size of your deposits and bets. Both options allow you to choose daily, weekly or monthly limits. You also can limit the time you can spend on MaximBet’s website/app each day.
When it comes to shutting down your account, you’ll select either play break or self-exclusion. Play break gives you the choice of one day or between one and six weeks to close your account. The self-exclusion option is for either six months, one year, two years or three years. If you select one of these choices, you will be logged out of your account and MaximBet will refund any money you have in there.
Can I bet with MaximBet Sportsbook in person?
No, right now, MaximBet does not have a retail sportsbook in Iowa. If MaximBet does open a brick-and-mortar sportsbook in the state, this will change.
How does MaximBet compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
MaximBet is a legitimate online sportsbook, and it ranks right around the middle of the pack compared to other Iowa oddsmakers. The most disappointing aspect is the lack of prop betting options.
Because of that, we believe it might be an excellent choice to have at least one other online sportsbook account, with DraftKings, Caesars, FanDuel, BetMGM or PointsBet. That will allow you to make all the prop bets you want while still benefitting from the MaximBet welcome bonus and other promotional offers.
MaximBet IA FAQ
Do I have to sign up with MaximBet Sportsbook in person?
Nope. While this was originally part of Iowa sports betting law, you no longer have to sign up for sports betting accounts in person at a sportsbook.
Who owns MaximBet Sportsbook?
The Carousel Group and Maxim own MaximBet. The Carousel Group is a sports betting and casino company, while Maxim is the company that produces the men’s magazine of the same name. SportsBetting.com was the original name of the app and website before it rebranded as MaximBet in early 2021.
What is the MaximBet promo code and how does the welcome bonus work?
You don’t need a promo code to claim MaximBet’s welcome bonus. Once you create an account and make your first deposit, MaximBet will double it for up to $150 in bet credits.
What’s the fastest way to deposit and cash out at MaximBet?
You can deposit funds into your MaximBet Sportsbook account using your Visa or Mastercard debit cards, Skrill or Mazooma. These options will transfer the funds into your account instantly.
Why doesn’t MaximBet work when I’m not in Iowa?
You must be in the state where MaximBet is licensed in order to use the sportsbook. The MaximBet website and app use geolocation software to track your location.
What does MaximBet have that DraftKings doesn’t?
The two big things that MaximBet has that DraftKings does not are a standing parlay promotional offer and a 100% deposit match bonus for new users. DraftKings does not have a parlay booster promotion, and the DraftKings welcome bonus is for a 20% deposit match.