TheScore Bet is quickly growing into one of Iowa’s top online sportsbooks. Available on iOS and Android devices, it offers a simple interface and a fun approach to sports betting. Whether you’re a regular sports bettor or coming to it new, theScore is a good platform for wagering on Iowa college teams and pro leagues across the US.
Plus, theScore Bet Iowa has a welcome bonus for new users. When you sign up, theScore will match your first deposit for up to $500. We’ve included all the details on claiming this welcome offer below — as well as a full review of theScore.
TheScore Bet promo code for Iowa in September 2023
You won’t need to enter a bonus code to claim theScore Bet welcome bonus. Instead, download the theScore mobile app and register for an account. Then, theScore Bet will match your first deposit up to $500, and you’ll get 10% cashback on bets that you place over 14 days.
|Online Sportsbook||TheScore Bet Sportsbook Iowa|
|TheScore Iowa Bonus Code||Not needed|
|TheScore Deposit Bonus||100% up to $500|
|TheScore Iowa Cashback Promo||10% on all bets in the next 14 days|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
TheScore Iowa welcome bonus — the fine print!
The TheScore Bet deposit bonus entitles you to a 100% match up to $500. The bonus will unlock into cash at a rate of 10%. You will need to use the bonus cash on bets with odds greater than -300, and you will have 14 days to unlock the bonus as cashback. You’ll forfeit any cash that remains locked at the end of your first 14 days on the site.
To opt out of the promotion at any time, you will need to get in touch with customer support at theScore.
Can I trust theScore Bet in Iowa?
Yes, theScore Bet is a trustworthy online sportsbook that’s legal and live in Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey and Indiana, with plans to expand further in the coming months and years. In Iowa, it received a license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission in 2021, certifying it as a legal Iowa online sportsbook.
This means it must look after its users, providing the option to limit your spending, betting and/or wagering on the site. You can also choose to take a time out from the site at any time if the fun stops. It also takes steps to secure your data and money on the site.
How do I download theScore app?
This sportsbook is a mobile-only platform, meaning you will need to download theScore Bet’s app onto your iOS or Android device to get started. The app works well across both phones and tablets, providing your software is relatively up to date.
To get the theScore Bet Iowa app, head to theScore Bet website via your mobile device and follow the steps below:
- If you’re on iOS, select the button that says “Download on the App Store.”
- If you’re on Android, choose “Get it on Google Play.”
- This will take you to the correct download page on the appropriate app store, and you can get the app from there.
- Once you have the app, you can sign in to start betting.
How to create a theScore Bet account in Iowa
The registration process at theScore Bet is straightforward. Once you’ve downloaded the TheScore online sportsbook app, click the registration button and enter the following details:
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Mailing address
Next, the sportsbook will ask you to create a username and password for your account. You will also need to allow the app to access your location. This is to confirm you’re betting from within Iowa.
Once you’re signed up, you can place your first deposit at theScore by clicking the cashier button in the top-right corner of the screen. Enter the amount you’d like to transfer to your account, then select a payment option. Deposits should arrive in your account immediately.
Use the app’s top menu to start browsing the sportsbook. Here, you can choose a sport and league to bet on. Select your odds to add them to your betting slip, which you can access using the “My Bets” button. Add your wager amount and hit “Place Bets” to make your selections live. You can also track your bets and potentially cash out bets early from this page.
Where do I find theScore promotions?
Use the main menu to navigate over to the promotions page at theScore. The sportsbook offers a range of general and personal betting promos, including odds boosts like we go over below. Check the promotions page from time to time to see what else is available.
- Iowa odds boosts: Enjoy boosted odds on NFL, NBA, NHL, and plenty of other events at theScore. Visit the ‘Odds Boosts’ section within each league’s page to discover today’s selections.
Best features of theScore Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things we like about theScore from our review:
- Integrated platform: theScore Bet’s app is integrated with the company’s news platform, meaning you can switch between media and betting at the click of a button. You can even select your league preferences in the news app, which will then automatically sync with the betting platform. This is unlike anything else available in Iowa at the moment.
- Special promotions: You’ll often find exclusive promotions at theScore to help improve your overall experience. This means you can access sportsbook bonus bets, cashback, bonuses, bet insurance and more.
- Live tracking: Track several games at the same time using theScore’s live page. Simply select a sport to track all live games happening at the moment. You’ll be able to scroll through the options to quickly view the score of each.
What won’t I like about theScore Sportsbook?
While theScore is a quality, legitimate online sportsbook in Iowa, it’s still got a few things that we would love to see it improve:
- Lack of website: Our biggest complaint about theScore is that you can only bet from the app. This might not be a problem for a lot of users. However, we found it frustrating at times that there was not a website to use to place and track bets.
- Limited props: While theScore Iowa has plenty of betting options, including prop bets, it doesn’t quite stack up with what others in the state have to offer.
- Limited promos: It’s not that theScore doesn’t have promotions, because it does, but when compared to DraftKings Iowa, FanDuel or Caesars Sportsbook in Iowa, theScore comes up a little short.
Types of bets available on theScore Bet app
The sportsbook offers a decent selection of betting options. To view these, simply select any sport on the app — moneylines, totals and point spreads will load first, but you can expand your options to include props, futures and alternate lines.
Pregame and future bets are easy to access through each individual sports page, while live betting is available by selecting the “Live” button at the bottom of the app. Futures include bets on overall league winners, players to receive awards and other events in advance.
TheScore also has a great betting tool where you can see events and betting options most suited to your preferences. You may also find exclusive promotions here from time to time.
Can you bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes at theScore Bet?
Iowa may not have a wealth of professional sports teams to bet on, but it’s legal to bet on college sports in the state — including in-state teams — apart from proposition bets on individual college athletes.
Here are some of the most popular ways you could bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes football team:
- Parlays: Combine a Hawkeyes bet with other selections for a higher-risk, higher-reward bet. All selections must win for your wager to be successful.
- Futures: You could, for example, place a wager on the Hawkeyes to win the Big 10.
- In-play betting: Place spreads, moneylines or totals and keep track of them in your bet slip.
How to deposit and cash out on theScore app Iowa
You can deposit and withdraw at theScore Bet using various prepaid cards, e-wallets and online banking options. The minimum deposit is $10. Just open the cashier page using the button at the top of TheScore Bet sportsbook app. Deposits will arrive in your account instantly using one of the following payment methods:
- Debit card
- ACH e-check
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
Withdrawals also have a minimum of $10. Here are your options. Withdrawals can take up to 72 hours to process. After that, the funds may take some additional time to arrive in your account, depending on the method you use:
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
- Debit card
How to contact theScore customer support
Click the help button on theScore’s homepage to access customer support. You can do this on theScore’s app or website. It’s a good idea to check out the FAQ first, as this holds information on the majority of sportsbook topics including betting, banking and promotions.
Alternatively, you can speak to a representative via email or phone. The book has yet to introduce a live chat option, which would be an improvement. Here are the contact details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 855-550-1238
How do I exclude myself from theScore?
TheScore Bet offers help and resources if you or someone you know is developing a gambling problem. To find this information, click the “Responsible Gaming” option on the site’s FAQ page.
If you need to take a break from the site, you can set a cool-off period. This will automatically log you out of the sportsbook, and you will not have access to bet or make deposits during your break. Alternatively, you can take a longer break of one or five years by selecting the self-exclusion option. It’s also possible to place a lifetime block on your account.
You can set your own limits at any time through the responsible gambling page:
- Daily time limit: Set an upper limit on the amount of time you spend on theScore Bet per day.
- Deposit limit: Set a limit on how much you can deposit on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Spending limit: Set a limit on how much you spend on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Can I bet at theScore Sportsbook in person?
TheScore doesn’t offer in-person sports betting in Iowa at this time, but its multi-state access agreement with Penn National Gaming could change this at some point.
How does theScore compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
We particularly like that theScore Bet is a mobile-forward sportsbook. This makes placing bets super-fast and convenient. You’ll find a similar number of betting options and sports as at the likes of DraftKings Sportsbook and FanDuel betting app in Iowa, all packaged into one simple and easy-to-navigate app.
Having said this, we would like to see better support options. The book’s FAQ is a great source of information, but introducing a live chat would improve things. Overall, theScore is a great online sportsbook for both beginning and experienced sports bettors that’s also likely to improve.
TheScore Bet FAQs
What is theScore Bet’s bonus code?
You won’t need a code to qualify for theScore Bet’s welcome bonus. Just create an account and the book will match your first deposit up to $500.
Is theScore licensed in Iowa?
Yes, theScore Bet is legal in Iowa thanks to a multi-state access deal with Penn National Gaming and a license from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
Does theScore let me cash out bets early?
Yes. Make sure to check the bets page to track your wagers. If available, you will see the button to cash out appear here.
What is the minimum deposit at theScore Bet?
The minimum deposit is $10. You can fund your account using a debit card, ACH e-check, online banking or Play+ prepaid card. Deposits will arrive in your account instantly.
Do I have to be in Iowa to bet at theScore?
Yes, you must be within Iowa state lines to place real money bets at theScore. The sportsbook will check this every time you log in using geolocation technology.