Q Sportsbook is now offering sports betting in Iowa. The online sportsbook is available on desktop, iOS and Android with a convenient and fast betting experience and clean user interface.
Here’s our full review of everything you can expect from Q Sportsbook in Iowa, with information about its betting options, banking, promotions, and more.
Q Sportsbook Iowa bonus code for September 2023
Q Sportsbook does not list a welcome bonus for new players at this time. This is slightly disappointing as the majority of Iowa online sportsbooks, including DraftKings, Caesars, and BetMGM, run bonuses for new users.
If Q Sportsbook adds a bonus for new players — which seems likely considering the competition — possible options include a bonus first bet or a matching bonus when you make your first deposit.
|Online Sportsbook||Q Sportsbook Iowa|
|Q Sportsbook Promo Code||None|
|Q Sportsbook Welcome Bonus||None|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Q Sportsbook welcome bonus — the fine print!
Since Q Sportsbook did not offer a welcome bonus as of this review, at the moment you don’t have to worry about wagering requirements, time limits, or other fine print once you create an account and make a deposit.
While online sportsbook bonuses are great for getting new players started, they can also come with several rules and requirements you need to meet before getting hold of any real cash.
Can I trust Q Sportsbook in Iowa?
Yes, Q Sportsbook is a licensed online sportsbook that launched in Iowa in late 2019 along with Q Casino in Dubuque as its land-based partner.
To create an account at Q Sportsbook, you must follow Iowa sports betting regulations. This means you must be 21 or older. The sportsbook will verify your age when you register. You will also need to be within the state when you wish to bet, which sportsbook will check via geolocation.
Q online sportsbook in Iowa also allows its users to set up “strong authentication” — this adds a further layer of security to your account. If you enable this, you will need to enter a pin that you receive via text to log in to your sportsbook account.
Getting started at Q Sportsbook Iowa
It’s simple to sign up for a Q Sportsbook account and start betting on the site. First, head to the Iowa sportsbook site. Next, select the join button in the top right corner. This will load a registration form where you can enter the following details:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Home address
- Two security questions and answers
- Social Security number (last four digits)
Q Sportsbook will then prompt you to read over the site’s terms and conditions. Once you’ve done that, click to confirm that your details are correct and select “create account” at the bottom of the page.
To start placing bets, you will need to add some money to your account. Open the cashier page via the link at the top of the site and enter an amount. You can then choose from several payment methods, listed below.
Head back to the homepage to view the sports that you can bet on at Q Sportsbook. You can add your favorites so they appear first for you, or you can scroll through the full A-Z list.
How do I download the Q Sportsbook Iowa app?
When Q online sportsbook launched, it was only available on phones and tablets. It has since launched a pretty decent website, but mobile sports betting tends to be the most popular option for Iowa bettors.
The Q online sportsbook app allows you to place sports bets from anywhere in Iowa. You can also deposit and withdraw cash, access your profile, track your wagers and more.
While the app could do with an update to fix a few bugs, on the whole it is a solid sports betting option without any gimmicks. Here’s how to download Q Sportsbook for either Android or iOS:
- Access the Q Sportsbook website on your mobile device’s browser.
- There will be a banner at the top of the screen that says “Trying to place a bet? Download the Q Casino app here.” Select “Get” just to the right of that message.
- Download options will pop up. Depending on your device, select either “Download on the App Store” or “Download Android app.”
- Follow the prompts from there to get the app.
Where do I find Q Sportsbook promotions?
At the time of this review, Q Sportsbook did not list any promos. This could change in the future, but right now, Q Sportsbook has no offers for new or existing players.
The sportsbook does have a “Promotions” link on its website, but this took us to an essentially blank page when we checked. We say “essentially” because the page does list some terms and conditions for a promotion, but the actual promotion did not put in an appearance.
Q Sportsbook does run “mobile app specials” from time to time, which are effectively odds boosts advertised on the app.
Why should I choose the Q Sportsbook app in IA?
Q Sportsbook is simple, but that’s the charm of it. Here’s a breakdown of some of the main pros and cons that may come up:
- Simple layout: Some sportsbooks tend to overdo their sites with complicated layouts and too many features. We like that Q Sportsbook has kept things nice and straightforward. Just select your sport, choose a game and place your bets.
- Add your favorites: Q Sportsbook gives you to option to add certain sports to your favorites. These will then appear in the sportsbook’s menu first so you will have fast access to them.
- Easy navigation: Once you’ve chosen a sport from Q’s main menu, the list of available bets is easy to browse. You can separate your betting options using a variety of categories like preseason, regular season, futures and more.
What won’t I like about the Q Sportsbook app?
- No promotions: If you’ve previously bet on sports with the likes of Caesars Sportsbook, FanDuel, or DraftKings in Iowa, you’re likely used to a good number of sportsbook promos. At least at the time of this review, such options were not available at Q Sportsbook.
- Usability: There are a few slight problems across Q’s website and app. The app can struggle to load from time to time, and there are a small number of links on the website that don’t actually work.
What kind of bets can I place at Q online sportsbook?
You can place all the usual bets at Q Sportsbook, including betting on point spreads, totals, and moneylines, along with other options like parlays and online prop bets. There might be a few fewer bets here than at some other online sportsbooks in Iowa, but you can still access 10-plus betting options across most sports.
If you’re looking for futures, just choose your sport and select the correct tab. You’re most likely to find basic options here, such as betting on the championship/league winner.
Pregame bets are the biggest option at Q — these are easy to find across the site. Once you’ve viewed the spread, moneyline and total for a game, you can click the “More Wagers” link just underneath for further betting options.
Live betting at Q Sportsbook is pretty good, too. You can view your in game betting options by clicking the “Live” button on the homepage. You will then be able to view all ongoing events open to wagering. The Q Sportsbook homepage has a list of upcoming games for you to browse.
Any selections you make will appear to the right of your screen on the website, or you can click the bet slip button at the bottom of the app. Add your wager, and the sportsbook will calculate your potential winnings. Place your bet to track it in real time.
Can I bet on the Chicago Bulls at Q Iowa sportsbook?
While no major professional sports teams call Iowa home, squads from neighboring Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Missouri all have their fans in the Hawkeye State, and the includes the Chicago Bulls.
You’ll also be able to wager on major college sports and teams, including the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and Iowa State Cyclones. But here are some betting options you’re likely to see for the Bulls:
- Parlays: Place a same-game parlay on any Bulls game. Make three or more selections and wager on them together in your betting slip.
- Live betting: Wager live on select Bulls games and keep your eye on your betting slip for the option to cash out early if you’re looking to lock in a smaller win or mitigate what appears to be a likely loss.
- Futures: Before the NBA season even tips off, you may be able to place a variety of bets on how things will go for the Bulls.
- Half/quarter lines: Place bets on the Bulls that are specific to one particular quarter or half. These are pretty popular when live betting to keep your experience fast-paced and varied.
How do I get money on (and off!) the Q sports betting app quickly?
Once you’ve created a Q Sportsbook account, it’s easy to add cash to your balance by clicking “Deposit” in the top navigation bar. You will be able to deposit using a variety of methods, through Q recommends a Play+ account. The sportsbook will walk you through the steps to create one. Here is the full list of options:
- Play+ prepaid card
- Debit card
- ACH transfer
- Cash at the casino cage — 1855 Greyhound Park Road, Dubuque, Iowa
You can initiate withdrawals by heading to your profile on the website or app and selecting “Withdraw.” Follow the instructions, and then your cash will load onto your Play+ card for you to transfer. This can take up to five business days, though it can often be significantly shorter.
How do I get help at Q Sportsbook?
Customer support at Q Sportsbook was pretty slow at getting back to us, so we’d recommend heading to the site’s FAQ with your query first. You can find a link to this at the bottom of the sportsbook’s website. The FAQ covers banking, registering, betting and more in detail.
If you still need to get in touch with someone, the only way to do so is by email. Another option like an online live chat would be welcome here.
- Email: [email protected]
How do I exclude myself from Q Sportsbook?
Q Sportsbook offers numerous options to help you limit your wagering, including daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits. You can also limit the amount of time you can spend at the book. Should you need a complete break from wagering, you can self-exclude from Q Sportsbook in the following ways:
- Temporary exclusion: Take a break for a time period that you set. You will not be able to wager until the end of your temporary exclusion, but you can log in and withdraw any cash in your sportsbook balance.
- Permanent exclusion: Permanently close your account to prevent any further access to Q Sportsbook. This is a lifetime ban, and you will need to contact customer support to initiate the withdrawal of any existing funds from your account.
Can I bet at Q Sportsbook in person?
Yes, Q Sportsbook is live at the Q Casino in Dubuque, with 4,200 square feet, 47 TVs and a video wall on which to watch the action.
- Q Casino: 1855 Greyhound Park Road, Dubuque, Iowa
How does Q Sportsbook compare to other Iowa sportsbooks?
Q Sportsbook is a pretty basic option when compared to other online sportsbooks in Iowa like BetMGM Sportsbook IA and the FanDuel betting site. However, it still has potential. If the online book could iron out a few usability issues and introduce promotions, this would improve the experience significantly.
For now, we love the simple look of Q Sportsbook and how easy it is to place and track bets. Whatever direction the sportsbook takes, we’d like to see it keep its simplicity intact.
Q Sportsbook Iowa FAQ
What is the Q Sportsbook promo code?
At the moment, Q Sportsbook doesn’t list any promotions on its website, so there are no promo codes, either.
Is Q Sportsbook licensed in Iowa?
Yes, Q Sportsbook is a licensed and regulated online sportsbook in the state of Iowa.
What is the easiest way to cash out wins from Q Sportsbook?
All withdrawals at Q Sportsbook run through Play+ first, but it’s then pretty fast to transfer your funds from your prepaid card using PayPal or ACH transfer. You can add your Play+ card to Apple Pay on iOS devices, as well. Other withdrawal options are also available.
Do I have to go to Q Sportsbook to sign up in person?
This used to be the case in Iowa, but you no longer have to head to a retail venue to sign up or verify your Q online sportsbook account. Instead, you can complete the process entirely online.
How do I get the Q Sportsbook app?
You can find an app prompt at the top of the screen when you visit the Q Sportsbook website on your mobile browser. Select that prompt and follow the instructions from there.